Microsoft says all their first party games for Series X will also be on Xbox One.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I know y'all got your gimmicks to uphold, but you can't be this goofy?

The load screens in that Ratchet trailer were short as hell and led to completely different maps each time. That would run like dogshyt on a PS4 with a standard HDD.

And you funny as hell for painting Sony as villains for trying sell a brand new console.

I couldn't live in a gimmick as long as you. Admire the dedication, though. :russ:
Wouldn’t run like “dogshyt” it would run like a last gen game with load screens.

Didn’t say they were villains. They want to sell the PS5 so they stop the support of PS4. That’s their strategy. :manny:

Edit:

Check at 1:40. Takes about 15-20 seconds to load a new level.

That’s not “dogshyt” or “impossible” it’s just “last gen”

Y’all gotta step back away from the marketing and actually pay attention to what you are getting. Not to say the PS5 version isn’t impressive, but they are selling you a dream. That sequence presented like it was, was for the sole reason of hyping up the SSD.

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean it ain’t like they selling thru the roof. If you u want a Xbox they will be on Craigslist for the low I’m sure of it

I have 3...I’m more so interested/concerned about how this will affect trade-in value as I prepare to move on to next gen...could create a “demand” for them or render them “obsolete”

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn’t run like “dogshyt” it would run like a last gen game with load screens.

Didn’t say they were villains. They want to sell the PS5 so they stop the support of PS4. That’s their strategy. :manny:

Edit:

Check at 1:40. Takes about 15-20 seconds to load a new level.

That’s not “dogshyt” or “impossible” it’s just “last gen”

Y’all gotta step back away from the marketing and actually pay attention to what you are getting. Not to say the PS5 version isn’t impressive, but they are selling you a dream. That sequence presented like it was, was for the sole reason of hyping up the SSD.

It is impossible on PS4.

The clip you showed as a game to cutscene transition that still took several seconds meanwhile the PS5 demo showed entire levels being changed on the fly almost instantly in game.
You literally cannot do that on PS4. There's no game on PS4 that allows for levels/scenery to completely change almost instantly. Key word here "completely" because knowing you you'll try to talk about Titanfall 2's past/present time warp or Halo MCC engine swaps as if it's the same thing. Look at God of War's "no load screens" transition:

Still takes a few seconds for the door to "open" and then this small hallway sequence to load the next area in which can take longer depending on where you choose to warp to. A PS5 version of this scene would just have Kratos open the door and the other area would appear instantly as soon as the door opened.

The shyt is not possible on last gen without completely changing the game as is.

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
It is impossible on PS4.

The clip you showed as a game to cutscene transition that still took several seconds meanwhile the PS5 demo showed entire levels being changed on the fly almost instantly. You literally cannot do that on PS4. There's no game on PS4 that allows for levels/scenery to completely change almost instantly. Key word here "completely" because knowing you you'll try to talk about Titanfall 2's past/present time warp or Halo MCC engine swaps as if it's the same thing.
Even including the cutscene they loaded that entire level in under 25 seconds.

In the ratchet PS5 demo they didn’t even load entire levels. They loaded small on rails sections in succession.

The only difference a PS4 version would have is for that ~1 second loading pause it would be a ~10-20 second pause. Which would absolutely be much less impressive, but not impossible and the type of thing that will be normal on last gen versions of cross gen games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Still takes a few seconds for the door to "open" and then this small hallway sequence to load the next area in which can take longer depending on where you choose to warp to. A PS5 version of this scene would just have Kratos open the door and the other area would appear instantly as soon as the door opened.

The shyt is not possible on last gen without completely changing the game as is.
:dahell: you just explained how it would work.

The PS4 version would take a couple seconds for the open door transition. PS5 would be instant.

That’s not completely changing the game, it’s adding a load screen :mjlol:

That Sony Kookaid got y’all going :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even including the cutscene they loaded that entire level in under 25 seconds.

In the ratchet PS5 demo they didn’t even load entire levels. They loaded small on rails sections in succession.

The only difference a PS4 version would have is for that ~1 second loading pause it would be a ~10-20 second pause. Which would absolutely be much less impressive, but not impossible and the type of thing that will be normal on last gen versions of cross gen games.
Changing the goal post. The entire level was changed now you're changing it to "but it's on rails". The gameplay demo showed an entire level changed in about 1~2 seconds.

:dahell: you just explained how it would work.

The PS4 version would take a couple seconds for the open door transition. PS5 would be instant.

That’s not completely changing the game, it’s adding a load screen :mjlol:

That Sony Kookaid got y’all going :wow:
You love to purposefully skew what I said.

I'm describing a simple FAST TRAVEL scenario, not an entire game design. Obviously for God of War a new game can be designed around such fast load speeds. I'm talking of a theoretical "PS5" update where the warp room wasn't really needed. Obviously a from the ground up port would do more than simply load a new scene through a door for the sake of doing so.

I love how it's Sony kool-aid when describing a scenario that would change game design but a snap of a finger later you remember "Oh yeah XsX can do that too!" and suddenly you're fixing yourself a cup of Kool-aid. :stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Changing the goal post. The entire level was changed now you're changing it to "but it's on rails". The gameplay demo showed an entire level changed in about 1~2 seconds.
Not moving anything. Those weren’t “entire levels” they were small barely interactive sections of levels.

You love to purposefully skew what I said.

I'm describing a simple FAST TRAVEL scenario, not an entire game design. Obviously for God of War a new game can be designed around such fast load speeds. I'm talking of a theoretical "PS5" update where the warp room wasn't really needed. Obviously a from the ground up port would do more than simply load a new scene through a door for the sake of doing so.

I love how it's Sony kool-aid when describing a scenario that would change game design but a snap of a finger later you remember "Oh yeah XsX can do that too!" and suddenly you're fixing yourself a cup of Kool-aid. :stopitslime:
Again. As I said above. Last gen “scaling” is simply adding more/longer load screens.

Obviously all games and development will benefit from SSD drives.

The Sony Koolaid is this “impossible” “can’t be done without changing the game” nonsense.

They purposely made that sequence just to hype up the SSD, that section doesn’t even make sense in the context of any game.

Why the he’ll would you even load “entire levels” just to spend 3 seconds on rails in each one then teleport to the next :martin:

That Sony Koolaid :wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not moving anything. Those weren’t “entire levels” they were small barely interactive sections of levels.

Again. As I said above. Last gen “scaling” is simply adding more/longer load screens.

Obviously all games and development will benefit from SSD drives.

The Sony Koolaid is this “impossible” “can’t be done without changing the game” nonsense.

They purposely made that sequence just to hype up the SSD, that section doesn’t even make sense in the context of any game.

Why the he’ll would you even load “entire levels” just to spend 3 seconds on rails in each one then teleport to the next :martin:

That Sony Koolaid :wow:
Sure, any game can be made on any console. All you gotta do is "scale" things back. Scale back the resolution, the framerate, the models, the visual effects, the level geometry, the enemy counts, the ray tracing, the lighting, the draw distance, the level scale just scale it all back and it'll run.

Same game.

Halo Infinite can be made on the Xbox 360, all they gotta do is scale things back a bit but it'll work.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sure, any game can be made on any console. All you gotta do is "scale" things back. Scale back the resolution, the framerate, the models, the visual effects, the level geometry, the enemy counts, the ray tracing, the lighting, the draw distance, the level scale just scale it all back and it'll run.

Same game.

Halo Infinite can be made on the Xbox 360, all they gotta do is scale things back a bit but it'll work.
This passive aggressive shyt :mjlol:

I mean you can make up dumb strawmen if you want.

That’s on you :manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This passive aggressive shyt :mjlol:

I mean you can make up dumb strawmen if you want.

That’s on you :manny:
"barely interactive levels of interaction"

This nonsense is repeated by you ad nauseam for virtually every game that you try to low key reduce. It's wack as hell. Your typical responses in these threads are basically reductive reasoning, extreme gas lighting and :mjlol: smilies.

Your arguing gimmick is tenuous. Surface level looks like you're saying something but in reality it's shyt piled on top of each other with a cherry.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
"barely interactive levels of interaction"

This nonsense is repeated by you ad nauseam for virtually every game that you try to low key reduce. It's wack as hell. Your typical responses in these threads are basically reductive reasoning, gas lighting and :mjlol: smilies.

Your arguing gimmick is tenous.
nikka you seen the demo. I ain’t making it up. That’s what they showed.

The portal gun they showed during the actual gameplay didn’t “load entire levels”

Don’t get mad at me cause I’m looking at the stuff realistically outside the hype

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nikka you seen the demo. I ain’t making it up. That’s what they showed.

The portal gun they showed during the actual gameplay didn’t “load entire levels”

Don’t get mad at me cause I’m looking at the stuff realistically outside the hype
Of course you see it realistically. You see things the Sony stans can't see. You are the lens of truth.