Microsoft says all their first party games for Series X will also be on Xbox One.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just dont see how a game like Fable and HellBlade 2
will work on a console that came out in 2013. That's
placing a constraint on the developer.
Hellblade 2 is Series X exclusive. Fable started development in 2017 so it's probably cross gen since they were 2 years deep before a Series X dev kit even existed.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like y'all never played a PC game in your whole life. How many of y'all played WOW, call of duty or Civilization and was like mannn imagine what they could have done with this game if not for all these older graphic cards and processers holding them back.

When developing a game the only time devs probably go we can't do this is probably because of consoles gap in power, and even then answer is probably to scale back something graphically or reduce effects, shadows etc etc

The only time this has been really significant is going from arcades Downgrading to consoles. They'd always have to leave features out.

And the last time recently was shadows of Mordor, and even that feature (nemesis) didn't get scrapped just scaled back on the weaker consoles not the more powerful ones.

If Microsoft wasn't pulling the wool from under the whole industry right now y'all would be paying for games twice and probably to have your games scaled up or (unlocked) plus forced into a new gen if a company decided to release a game on a next gen system.

Ain't no game in development now so ambitious that in 2 years there's no way it could run on last gen hardware. (Well not with Xbox:ahh:) Not from an gameplay stand point, maybe 4 or 5 years in sure. But almost every thing dropping the next couple years is cosmetic outside of loading speeds, input delay and fps.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's like y'all never played a PC game in your whole life. How many of y'all played WOW, call of duty or Civilization and was like mannn imagine what they could have done with this game if not for all these older graphic cards and processers holding them back.

When developing a game the only time devs probably go we can't do this is probably because of consoles gap in power, and even then answer is probably to scale back something graphically or reduce effects, shadows etc etc

The only time this has been really significant is going from arcades Downgrading to consoles. They'd always have to leave features out.

And the last time recently was shadows of Mordor, and even that feature (nemesis) didn't get scrapped just scaled back on the weaker consoles not the more powerful ones.

If Microsoft wasn't pulling the wool from under the whole industry right now y'all would be paying for games twice and probably to have your games scaled up or (unlocked) plus forced into a new gen if a company decided to release a game on a next gen system.

Ain't no game in development now so ambitious that in 2 years there's no way it could run on last gen hardware. (Well not with Xbox:ahh:) Not from an gameplay stand point, maybe 4 or 5 years in sure. But almost every thing dropping the next couple years is cosmetic outside of loading speeds, input delay and fps.
We're talking about first party though. Of course 3rd parties are gonna make for both gens but the CPUs of this gen are so weak they're not even up to snuff for the general PC user. They have the talent to pull it off but I think they're making a mistake. Especially, since the whole point is to compete with Sony's single player offerings. I think the Series S concept is great because it'll have the same specs bar the GPU. We'll see though, as long as Obsedian's next RPG is Series X to the metal :mjpls:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
You Are the Future of Gaming - Xbox Wire

So for the next two years every first party game on the Series X will also be on the Xbox One :patrice:

I mean it’s very pro consumer, I’ll give them that but I prefer Sony’s way of developing true next gen games that take full advantage of the new machine. I guess we’ll see who’s right
How do they get around this on PC:ohhh:
Ehhhhh.

don't know about this.

BC is one thing, but making sure shyt runs on the older machine too? I dunno.
For all the lame Sony fans that play dumb like these nikkaz. They obviously never gamed on PC to be saying this dumb shyt. And you're lying to yourself thinking that unreal 5 demo was only possible on ps5 :bryan:

And are you aware unreal confirmed the hellblade 2 trailer was in game series x footage? Significant power disadvantage for ps5 bruh, stop it because this is getting embarrassing

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
8nek6o30loz11.png

Level of detail ain’t that hard high res and low res will fit on the same disc with no problem.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So they discontinue production on xbox one but are focusing on cross-gen support for two years?

This doesn’t make sense to me.

at all...I didn’t realize they were discontinuing all their current gen consoles til just a while ago

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
So they discontinue production on xbox one but are focusing on cross-gen support for two years?

This doesn’t make sense to me.
If you're already in the ecosystem then they don't want to force you to immediately upgrade. If you aren't, no point in buying the old generation consoles. No reason for them to continue producing the current gen consoles if next gen is a few months away. They're probably forecasting the remaining stock will deplete around the time XSX hits the shelves. People who can't upgrade, for whatever reason, won't be left out in the short term :yeshrug:. I think it's a calculated decision to maintain a user base, but also to solidify their backwards compatibility tech - it's a very long term play with an eye potentially toward n + 1 generation.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
Yeah it can. The ratchet trailer had load screens. Last gen version would just have longer load screens.

Only reason ratchet isn’t coming to PS4 is cause Sony wants to sell PS5s. Same with Miles Morales.
I know y'all got your gimmicks to uphold, but you can't be this goofy?

The load screens in that Ratchet trailer were short as hell and led to completely different maps each time. That would run like dogshyt on a PS4 with a standard HDD.

And you funny as hell for painting Sony as villains for trying sell a brand new console.

I couldn't live in a gimmick as long as you. Admire the dedication, though. :russ: