if my Internet ain't working, I play my games offline

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Don’t know why y’all keep saying this dumb shyt. :snoop:

You already can have as many backups as you want, and servers turning off won’t make your backups stop working.
Dumb ass shyt? I hand games over to my nephew and brother all the time. I don't want to hand over a drive or access to my account for them to play a game. I don't want to authorized their system so it can play my games and I also can't sell whatever it is I apparently own. No transfer of rights because I have none.

You keep falling for that okey doke. You gonna learn that you just leasing what you think you own one day. PS+ for example says they give you free games as part of the membership you buy into but as soon as you don't pay for that membership you can't access those games... But I can't game online without that membership. :laff:

When we go digital the ball will be entirely in their court. If you are comfortable with giving away domain over your purchases go ahead. I'll be tapping out.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
If you cannot access the internet without that mandatory installation you think your game gonna work??? :mjlol: Yeah sure you can possibly play the game OFFLINE on the harddrive, but what happens when you play only mulitplayer games and you need the server to maintain a constant connection??? :heh: What happens if all you dudes play is madden 2k and fortnite only?!?! :heh:

I mean why would I want to take that unnecessary risk man???
You make no sense at all.

The nikkas playi g foetnite, madden, 2k - whether on the discless Xbox or the disc capable ps5 - will work or not work the same fukking way if Putin EMPs our internet. fukk are you talking about?

95% of my games are currently digital and innthe rate occurrence of my internet going out... I'm still able to play locally.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
You make no sense at all.

The nikkas playi g foetnite, madden, 2k - whether on the discless Xbox or the disc capable ps5 - will work or not work the same fukking way if Putin EMPs our internet. fukk are you talking about?

95% of my games are currently digital and innthe rate occurrence of my internet going out... I'm still able to play locally.

So your able to play Fortnite with NO internet access?!?! :what: :wtf:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They can’t stop you from playing games you already purchased and downloaded to local storage.
Sony has done foul shyt like banned accounts for chargebacks on purchases you didn't authorize or they refused to refund and PSN accounts are notoriously hacked.

If I have a disc then my purchase isn't tied to a specific account. I can resell the disc or do as I see fit with it. If I sell the system I can package the discs with it for extra added value. I can trade a disc with another person for a game I don't have.

Having a physical disc gives you extra flexibility and options. Buying digital only makes you depend on the platform holder. It also means your entire collection is dependent on your ability to access your account.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Dumb ass shyt? I hand games over to my nephew and brother all the time. I don't want to hand over a drive or access to my account for them to play a game. I don't want to authorized their system so it can play my games and I also can't sell whatever it is I apparently own. No transfer of rights because I have none.
So you don’t want to use all the options that are better and give you more options than carrying discs around, and you wonder why I called this dumb shyt??? :mjlol:

You keep falling for that okey doke. You gonna learn that you just leasing what you think you own one day. PS+ for example says they give you free games as part of the membership you buy into but as soon as you don't pay for that membership you can't access those games... But I can't game online without that membership. :laff:
Subscription service is very different than a digital purchase.......more dumb shyt :stopitslime:

When we go digital the ball will be entirely in their court. If you are comfortable with giving away domain over your purchases go ahead. I'll be tapping out.
No, this is not true. As I explained above, you can have as many backups as you want of digital games, and play them whenever/wherever you want.

Stop saying dumb shyt.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Sony has done foul shyt like banned accounts for chargebacks on purchases you didn't authorize or they refused to refund and PSN accounts are notoriously hacked.

If I have a disc then my purchase isn't tied to a specific account. I can resell the disc or do as I see fit with it. If I sell the system I can package the discs with it for extra added value. I can trade a disc with another person for a game I don't have.

Having a physical disc gives you extra flexibility and options. Buying digital only makes you depend on the platform holder. It also means your entire collection is dependent on your ability to access your account.
exactly

But this is apparently dumb shyt. Ok :mjlol:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Even when your account is banned, you don’t lose access to the games you already have on your system.

Having a physical disc gives you extra flexibility and options. Buying digital only makes you depend on the platform holder. [b{It also means your entire collection is dependent on your ability to be access your account.[/b]
Different not better. Having access to your entire library of games either on a hard drive or in the cloud is actually more flexible than your ownership being tied to each individual disc.

And one last time stop saying this dumb shyt.

What you’ve already downloaded is yours. You are not dependent on accessing anything to play the games you already have on your local storage drive.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Exactly I don't want my ownership of a game dependent on my ability to access an account. If for some reason I can no longer access that account I lose all my games.

It's like people forgot about when this went down

The ability to buy something and actually own it means something. You don't really own a digital copy because you don't control your ability to access it.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Exactly I don't want my ownership of a game dependent on my ability to access an account. If for some reason I can no longer access that account I lose all my games.

The ability to buy something and actually own it means something. You don't really own a digital copy because you don't control your ability to access it.

No you fukking dummy.

When you buy a disc you don’t own the game. You own the right to play it. You always need to keep up with that disc to prove to the system that you have the right to play the game.

When you buy a game digitally, your right to play is proven in two places. One on the sever, and one locally. If you lose the server you can still play the game locally. If you lose your local save, you can still prove your right to play through the server.

Digital ownership gives you MORE options, not less.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Sony told yall 20 years ago that they want to change the gaming model to leasing, and you dumb ass kids are falling right into their and MS's trap.
Games need to have hardware behind them that you can always play as long as the console is operable, period.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

All facts...

I have no problem going all digital if I have ownership rights to my purchases.

Years ago I had a steam account back when Half-LIfe 2 was out. :flabbynsick: They said I had access to the game via my account and didn't need a hard copy... got rid of the disc. Years later on a whim I tried to reactivate the account and finally got the login back but I couldn't play the game or download it again because I needed the disk for the serial or something. :beli: I didn't need the disk but I was supposed to retain the serial still :snoop: Why wouldn't my account be enough? :mindblown:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
No you fukking dummy.

When you buy a disc you don’t own the game. You own the right to play it. You always need to keep up with that disc to prove to the system that you have the right to play the game.

When you buy a game digitally, your right to play is proven in two places. One on the sever, and one locally. If you lose the server you can still play the game locally. If you lose your local save, you can still prove your right to play through the server.

Digital ownership gives you MORE options, not less.
I know I own the game because I can resell it and get my money back :heh:

DUMMY :laff: