MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Yes, they will not raise prices due to economic hardships

*proceeds to raise prices*

Good guy, Phil :blessed:

When Covid-19 hit the United States with full force in early 2020, thousands of business were forced to shut down, millions of Americans lost their jobs within weeks and, as a result, second-quarter GDP plummeted by an unprecedented 29.9 percent. At the time, there was a lot of uncertainty over how quickly the economy would bounce back, but now, almost three years later, it can safely be said that the recovery has been nothing short of impressive.

:ehh:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I go through life looking into the stuff I buy and what’s the least expensive way to get it. If you purchase things blindly not researching them yeah you deserve to pay what you do. The type of people that walk into a car dealer and get fleeced because they just accept stuff at face value.

With many subscriptions if you pay for more time upfront you get a better deal.

Your argument is so irrational you’re basically attacking me for being an informed customer and arguing that uninformed ones are right to not put forth effort.

I wasn't attacking you, I was just pointing out a common theme in your posts. You routinely jump into threads and assume that the world as a whole views things the way you do, as if what you think is objective fact. Attacking someone is calling them stupid, or saying they deserve what they get for not searching for how to use a GamePass loophole they don't even know exists.

Objectively speaking, Microsoft has done everything they can to replace XBox Live Gold with GamePass Ultimate in the marketplace. You can't sign up for it via the XBox dashboard. They don't sell the Live cards themselves. They have made it abundantly clear that what you were once paying for XBox Live Gold is meant to be paid for GamePass instead. You can only buy the 12 month cards from third party retailers. Given, you can easily find them in places like Amazon, but for the average consumer, why would you spend $60 on a year of Gold, when a year of GamePass was less than a pull push of a scroll wheel away on whatever storefront they're shopping on, gives you free games, AND includes Gold? So, no, most average consumers aren't thinking about buying a service they've been told is irrelevant by the people that sell it, so they can see what happens when they just decide to add GamePass on top of it. Hell, even Microsoft's rules for conversion, and the prompts you get when converting essentially try to hide that this is how it works. Again, the average consumer doesn't intuitively jump to either cancelling their GP or not letting it renew to then buy Live cards, activate them, and THEN pay for a month of GP.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

:ehh:

What a colossal change from when phil said that in september to *checks notes* changing his stance in october🧐

Let’s be honest they just wanted a shallow, short-term PR win over Sony :yeshrug:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wasn't attacking you, I was just pointing out a common theme in your posts. You routinely jump into threads and assume that the world as a whole views things the way you do, as if what you think is objective fact. Attacking someone is calling them stupid, or saying they deserve what they get for not searching for how to use a GamePass loophole they don't even know exists.

Objectively speaking, Microsoft has done everything they can to replace XBox Live Gold with GamePass Ultimate in the marketplace. You can't sign up for it via the XBox dashboard. They don't sell the Live cards themselves. They have made it abundantly clear that what you were once paying for XBox Live Gold is meant to be paid for GamePass instead. You can only buy the 12 month cards from third party retailers. Given, you can easily find them in places like Amazon, but for the average consumer, why would you spend $60 on a year of Gold, when a year of GamePass was less than a pull push of a scroll wheel away on whatever storefront they're shopping on, gives you free games, AND includes Gold? So, no, most average consumers aren't thinking about buying a service they've been told is irrelevant by the people that sell it, so they can see what happens when they just decide to add GamePass on top of it. Hell, even Microsoft's rules for conversion, and the prompts you get when converting essentially try to hide that this is how it works. Again, the average consumer doesn't intuitively jump to either cancelling their GP or not letting it renew to then buy Live cards, activate them, and THEN pay for a month of GP.
Even with the price increase.

the price is still low enough that most people will just subscribe and not think about it anymore. That’s why subscription services work.

There are some people who are very diligent and look for discounts and/or subscribe and cancel strategically.

Most people don’t give a fukk. $10-$15 a month doesn’t even really show up on their balance sheet. :manny:

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Games are not music. Nothing much for me to say about that dumb ass comparison :ehh:

Redfall is one game. I didn’t even list it. Not sure why you are stuck talking about it.

I gave you examples of very good games, in the genres you say you like. Talk about those :ehh:

Yeah man, you been running around trippin for a couple weeks now.

somehow you supposed to be “BBG” advocate, but still on here trashing what most people in the industry agree is the beast deal in gaming.

Weirdo behavior. :huhldup:
Take the Stan goggles off mane.

You, along with @Gizmo_Duck (who's now about to be upset at me and stop dapping my posts again) seem to think anything said MUST mean you for the other side. It's a logical inconsistency where you know in your heart I don't fukk with Sony and will not be buying a shytstation unless my channel blows up and the fans demand I review those games too, yet you fight for Xbox's honor against ME no matter what the topic is. Just like Gizmo, if I say anything bad about Sony he writes my name in a Death Note journal like I just committed an act of war or something.

stop with this silly never-ending console war shyt. I engage for fun but sometimes we get lost in the fact we're actually having serious discourse about the business behind gaming and we just end up being passive aggressive to each other for no reason.

Games are not music, but seeing as how they're both art with subjective value, I don't see why you decided to get emotional and call it a dumb ass comparison (even though admittedly I laughed when I read that).

Redfall is one game, but your point is ridiculous because at the end of the day the value is subjective nikka I don't agree it's worth it and if you do that's fine what the hell. Doesn't make me a "bad" gamer or a weirdo I don't understand why you have to be childish because someone doesn't enjoy gamepass as much as you do :heh:

As to your BBG point, I've been said Gamepass is the best value in gaming and nothing I've said in this thread changes that. You are very bent out of shape and I think you need to request some buns from Ms meach or something. Both you and @Gizmo_Duck apparently thought I was gonna change who I am because I'm active in social media now, like I was just gonna wake up and be super nice and friendly all of a sudden. I am who I am, y'all either fukk wit me and enjoy the content or not I don't give a fukk but I do kindly ask y'all to stop being fickle and respect I'm a man with my own ideas and preferences. Im fine failing being myself, I don't want to succeed by being what someone else wants me to be :stopitslime:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I get Xbox Live cards at Sams Club. Newegg also sells them and they’re constantly on sale.

Literally if you go on Google and type in “cheapest way to get Xbox Game Pass Unlimited” the first link says the things I’m saying. Are you saying I’m being unreasonable to suggest people take the what 2 minutes or less that takes to do that much.

In life the people that get the best prices on any almost never get them upfront with no effort on their part. The average customer gets fleeced on almost everything. You don’t want to be average.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even with the price increase.

the price is still low enough that most people will just subscribe and not think about it anymore. That’s why subscription services work.

There are some people who are very diligent and look for discounts and/or subscribe and cancel strategically.

Most people don’t give a fukk. $10-$15 a month doesn’t even really show up on their balance sheet. :manny:

Exactly.

The friend I was talking about earlier that loves XBox and had never even considered the conversion trick is in the same boat. He pays for it monthly, even though it's cheaper to pay for a full year just because he signed up forever ago, and doesn't even notice the $15 leaving his account. GamePass, like almost every subscription service, is priced so that it actually encourages you to pay monthly, and not think about it. I imagine if we were to ever get a mixdown of their numbers, the overwhelming majority of people are monthly subscribers, even though the better value is in at least going annual.

And besides, the conversion trick only exists because it's actually about enticing holdouts that only have Live (who, believe it or not, definitely still exist) to finally just switch to GamePass Ultimate, and increase their contribution to Microsoft's ARPU.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Take the Stan goggles off mane.
It’s not me, it’s you.

Again, i listed 25+ really good games and excluded probably another 30 cause they aren’t AAA.

Gamepass has millions of subscribers that don’t even play on xbox.

This isn’t even a console stan topic.
You, along with @Gizmo_Duck (who's now about to be upset at me and stop dapping my posts again) seem to think anything said MUST mean you for the other side. It's a logical inconsistency where you know in your heart I don't fukk with Sony and will not be buying a shytstation unless my channel blows up and the fans demand I review those games too, yet you fight for Xbox's honor against ME no matter what the topic is. Just like Gizmo, if I say anything bad about Sony he writes my name in a Death Note journal like I just committed an act of war or something.
No. I’m only addressing your words in here. I have not said anything about stan shyt.

You claim you are an JRPG and Strategy game fan and the best and most popular JRPG and Strategy games of recent times are on gamepass.
stop with this silly never-ending console war shyt. I engage for fun but sometimes we get lost in the fact we're actually having serious discourse about the business behind gaming and we just end up being passive aggressive to each other for no reason.
You are the only one talking about console wars here.

Games are not music, but seeing as how they're both art with subjective value, I don't see why you decided to get emotional and call it a dumb ass comparison (even though admittedly I laughed when I read that).
Because it literally was a dumb comparison. You claimed there’s certain genres of music you would pay for, not EVERYTHING. Gamepass doesn’t charge you for “all games” and there’s plenty of examples of genres you yourself said you enjoy.

Redfall is one game, but your point is ridiculous because at the end of the day the value is subjective nikka I don't agree it's worth it and if you do that's fine what the hell. Doesn't make me a "bad" gamer or a weirdo I don't understand why you have to be childish because someone doesn't enjoy gamepass as much as you do :heh:
I didn't call you a “bad” gamer.

I called you a weirdo for trying to promote a cheap gamer initiative, claiming you like JRPGs and strategy games. Then getting on here and claiming a discount on the best of those genres in recent times is not valuable.

As to your BBG point, I've been said Gamepass is the best value in gaming and nothing I've said in this thread changes that.

Talk in whole ass fukkin circles breh :huhldup:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s not me, it’s you.

Again, i listed 25+ really good games and excluded probably another 30 cause they aren’t AAA.

Gamepass has millions of subscribers that don’t even play on xbox.

This isn’t even a console stan topic.

No. I’m only addressing your words in here. I have not said anything about stan shyt.

You claim you are an JRPG and Strategy game fan and the best and most popular JRPG and Strategy games of recent times are on gamepass.

You are the only one talking about console wars here.

Because it literally was a dumb comparison. You claimed there’s certain genres of music you would pay for, not EVERYTHING. Gamepass doesn’t charge you for “all games” and there’s plenty of examples of genres you yourself said you enjoy.

I don’t call you a “bad” gamer.

I called you a weirdo for trying to promote a cheap gamer initiative, claiming you like JRPGs and strategy games. Then getting on here and claiming a discount on the best of those genres in recent times is not valuable.

Talk in whole ass fukkin circles breh :huhldup:

let’s be honest, you yourself don’t even play or finish those games :mjlol:

you endorsing something you don’t even care about

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I get Xbox Live cards at Sams Club. Newegg also sells them and they’re constantly on sale.

Literally if you go on Google and type in “cheapest way to get Xbox Game Pass Unlimited” the first link says the things I’m saying. Are you saying I’m being unreasonable to suggest people take the what 2 minutes or less that takes to do that much.

In life the people that get the best prices on any almost never get them upfront with no effort on their part. The average customer gets fleeced on almost everything. You don’t want to be average.

You're not saying anything different than what I've been saying at this point, though. People that pay full price for GamePass aren't stupid, this just isn't something they feel the need to work out a deal for. Why would most people go to Sam's Club, or Amazon, or NewEgg to buy Live cards, or Google the cheapest way to get GamePass Ultimate, when they have to press all of maybe five buttons from the XBox dashboard to sign up as is?

Again, we're asking people that just want to be able to play games for "free" to buy cards for what is, ostensibly, a dead service that has been swallowed whole by its successor, use those cards, then sign up for the service they were trying to get anyway. Usually, most "You're dumb if you don't do this," ways of saving money don't involve you going backwards to go forwards, breh.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
let’s be honest, you yourself don’t even play or finish those games :mjlol:

you endorsing something you don’t even care about
No one plays them all.

I and my family play enough to more than justify the subscription at full price.

With discounts, you’d be a dummy NOT to have gamepass. Such as yourself :ehh: