Microsoft is raising the price of Game Pass and the Series X

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Gamepass is the best value in gaming. Gamepass is also, in my opinion, losing some of it's value by raising the price before delivering on consistent quality AAA day 1 titles.

If anyone here has convinced themselves those two points are mutually exclusive, I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You're not saying anything different than what I've been saying at this point, though. People that pay full price for GamePass aren't stupid, this just isn't something they feel the need to work out a deal for. Why would most people go to Sam's Club, or Amazon, or NewEgg to buy Live cards, or Google the cheapest way to get GamePass Ultimate, when they have to press all of maybe five buttons from the XBox dashboard to sign up as is?

Again, we're asking people that just want to be able to play games for "free" to buy cards for what is, ostensibly, a dead service that has been swallowed whole by its successor, use those cards, then sign up for the service they were trying to get anyway. Usually, most "You're dumb if you don't do this," ways of saving money don't involve you going backwards to go forwards, breh.
I don’t recall saying they’re dumb. If I did I was wrong. What I do remember saying is they deserve to pay what they’re paying. With some things in life putting forth minimum effort will yield results. The people that don’t do at least that much get what they deserve.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t recall saying they’re dumb. If I did I was wrong. What I do remember saying is they deserve to pay what they’re paying. With some things in life putting forth minimum effort will yield results. The people that don’t do at least that much get what they deserve.

2019_7_4_68a99d87-c8a9-4aed-b5b3-3b3e0d0d4bb1_png_1920x1080.jpg

:dahell:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gamepass is the best value in gaming. Gamepass is also, in my opinion, losing some of it's value by raising the price before delivering on consistent quality AAA day 1 titles.

If anyone here has convinced themselves those two points are mutually exclusive, I have nothing else to add to this discussion.

I think this is fair criticism. Both things can be true.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
It’s a $1 increase for some customers, a few months from now.

There’s no realistic argument that the deal went from “the best in gaming” to “losing its value” over a dollar.

:stopitslime:
You're a legit psychopath :mjlol:

It's almost like you can't comprehend losing some value while still being the best value in gaming

Hey guys I'm a trillionaire but I just lost 50 Ms yesterday fukkin around with NASDAQ, guess I'm a broke boy because I lost some of my value :(

I told myself I wouldn't do this but I must battle stupidity at all costs. Anxious to see you do another spin move outta this one. You out here shaking n baking like prime Shady McCoy

BBG

Superstar
Daps
I just realized me and Meach should do a show together

BBG and Meach: Undisputed
I'm Shannon and you skip

Meach: imma be real with you, while Sony stans talking all that shyt, playstation ain't had that many exclusives since the start of eighth gen either :skip:

Me, forced to be the voice of reason because my co-host stay wylin:

shyt has potential. You got all this time to argue games nikka do it on the mic.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Will be going down to PC Game Pass. The $15 threshold is where i draw the line on most subscription services. #holdtheline

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
You're a legit psychopath :mjlol:

It's almost like you can't comprehend losing some value while still being the best value in gaming

Hey guys I'm a trillionaire but I just lost 50 Ms yesterday fukkin around with NASDAQ, guess I'm a broke boy because I lost some of my value :(

I told myself I wouldn't do this but I must battle stupidity at all costs. Anxious to see you do another spin move outta this one. You out here shaking n baking like prime Shady McCoy
It’s one fukkin dollar. Right around the time where you yourself said it would be ok to raise prices when Starfield comes out.

It’s ironic you started your post saying “no stan shyt” when that’s the ONLY context this price increases could actually matter.

From a consumer standpoint the “best deal in gaming” cost an extra $1 a month. If it was a good deal for you before this announcement, it’s still a good deal to you after. And thats without adding the very anticipated upcoming games. Not even to mention the activision stuff that will be added soon.

Only in forum stan world does this “news” even hit anyones radar.

I mean, @Gizmo_Duck made the thread. Why did you think we were here??? :mjlol:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even more ironic is the fact that I too enjoyed the game only because it was free on the pass, which is why I was even able to recall it in the first place :pachaha: but that ain't the point nikka fukk all that, point is you can find that shyt in the bargain bin of your neighborhood GameStop for less than a McDouble. Having a library of ass that nobody playing with a legit hit or two sprinkled in each year is hard to justify $20 a month. And this is coming from somebody who used to feel the exact same way you did.

If not giving a shyt about Ni No Kuni and fifa makes my taste limited, then so be it :manny:

I am an avid gamer no doubt, but I never claimed to just enjoy every damn thing. With music, I only really listen to hip-hop/r&b, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with other genres or that I'm just not a fan of music because I don't study all forms of it every day, it just means I have preferences.

I don't pay for music, but if that was the only way to listen I damn sure wouldn't be paying whatever the fair price of ALL music is. Streaming music costs what like 10 bucks a month? Can you imagine what it would cost if it was a FAIR price il considering the value? I'm not paying for their extensive collection of bluegrass. I would pay a small fee to access the entire library and that's it, no cost adjusting for value on shyt I don't want anyway.

See where I'm going with this? I like shooters, RPGs (any kind although I haven't played a JRPG I liked in over a decade), NBA, NFL, RTS, and turn based strategy games. I do not wish to be charged extra because Redfail is available day 1.

Your sense of "value" is clouded by assuming people find value in "free" bargain bin games. Half of the catalog in gamepass I don't even bother playing because I just know it's not for me, and that's ok as long as the price stays low.
That's cool

But...

Bargain bin games at Walmart/gamestop at the cheapest gonna be like 9.99 unless it's a used sports title. so pick 2 games a month and pay more than you would for game pass with a crazy limited selection. But hey you own it!

Play and like whatever.

But regardless of how you feel about the games on gamepass it's a great value almost anyway you slice it.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Is there another gaming service that will allow you access to all there triple A games of past and upcoming for 16 bucks? Or 20 or 30 a month?

A value like that is hard to beat imo, especially as games go up on price.

But on a technicality you are correct, if the price goes up and no new services are offered gamepass is losing some of it's value.

But realistically, as more and more games get added the value only goes up.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Expected,but I am shocked there's no annual option yet. Hopefully, they introduce one when they eliminate the gold conversion trick

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s a $1 increase for some customers, a few months from now.

There’s no realistic argument that the deal went from “the best in gaming” to “losing its value” over a dollar.

:stopitslime:

Perception is everything, breh.

For a solid chunk of users, they got GamePass to be able to play the biggest XBox games for one low cost. Saying the price of the brick is going up right before you start serving the prime Peruvian you've been telling everybody to wait for, and before it even gets proven to be the real deal, isn't ideal for most.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Perception is everything, breh.

For a solid chunk of users, they got GamePass to be able to play the biggest XBox games for one low cost. Saying the price of the brick is going up right before you start serving the prime Peruvian you've been telling everybody to wait for, and before it even gets proven to be the real deal, isn't ideal for most.
I just spent like the past 2 pages saying this exact same shyt please don't get him started again