Microsoft is raising the price of Game Pass and the Series X

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Console wars aside, being the fair and neutral party that I am when I'm not trolling I have to say that Gamepass has done nothing to merit a price hike. The optics right now is crazy. We've been starving for AAA 1st party titles since Wembanyama was in kindergarten and have gotten an ocean of mid amongst a few gems each year, but now because Starfield bout to drop they gotta immediately start raising prices??

Like I said, putting stan wars aside this ain't a good look. Roll out Starfield and avowed first to raise good faith, then hike it up while we wait for Fable. But nah, capitalism gon capitalism so let's just squeeze these fukkboys for all their worth and have our stanleys argue against their own best interests so we don't even have to answer for our shameless greed :blessed:

Three letters forever
Even if we pretend only AAA games exist. GP still more than pays for itself.

Just the last 12 months.

Sniper elite
Fifa
MLB the show
Far Cry 5
Ninja Gaiden collection
Moto GP
Immortals phoenix rising.
Deahtloop
Ni No Kuni
Grid legends
Madden
Grounded
High on life
Minecraft Legends
Plague tale
Persona 5
Need for speed
Hot wheels unleashed
Wo long
Guilty Gear
Atomic Heart
Ni no Kuni 2
NHl 2023
Ghostwire Tokyo

A good portion of the most antipcipated games talked about at this summers not E3 are gamepass games.

Persona games.
Starfield
Forza
Sea of Stars
Hollow Knight

and i’m probably missing some.

And that’s not even talking about all the AA and indie games that come to the service :wow:

If you can’t find value in gamepass, then your taste is very limited :manny:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Just the last 12 months.

Sniper elite
Fifa
MLB the show
Far Cry 5
Ninja Gaiden collection
Moto GP
Deahtloop
Ni No Kuni
Grid legends
Madden
Grounded
High on life
Minecraft Legends
Plague tale
Persona 5
Need for speed
Hot wheels unleashed
Wo long
Guilty Gear
Atomic Heart
Ni no Kuni 2
NHl 2023
Ghostwire Tokyo

A good portion of the most antipcipated games talked about at this summers not E3 are gamepass games.

Persona games.
Starfield
Forza
Sea of Stars
Hollow Knight

And that’s not even talking about all the AA and indie games that come to the service :wow:

peopel dont want to pay over 200 dollars a year for that, on top of still having to buy big 3rd party games like hogwarts and diablo

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
the fact that you feel like you have to use that loophole to make it worth it says it all
What it says is that’s a great value to me. I don’t even have to use it that much and it pays dividends. Psychonauts 2, Starfield, and 1 more full retail game means I got my 3 years worth. That’s not counting Sea of Stars and Chained Echos. You can argue on fanboy principles all you want. I’m in for the value it gives.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
peopel dont want to pay over 200 dollars a year for that, on top of still having to buy 3rd party games like hogwarts and diablo
At least 25 million people ARE paying for it.

I’ve seen you on here talking about a good portion of gamepass games that you spent money on.

If we really crunch the numbers you yourself the resident sony stan leader could have saved money over the last year or so with gamepass.

But of course, you gon get on here and argue against your own intrests if it makes sony look better :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What it says is that’s a great value to me. I don’t even have to use it that much and it pays dividends. Psychonauts 2, Starfield, and 1 more full retail game means I got my 3 years worth. That’s not counting Sea of Stars and Chained Echos. You can argue on fanboy principles all you want. I’m in for the value it gives.

You named one game that released two years ago and 2 games that haven’t even come out yet, much value :wow:

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Ironically enough I played and enjoyed this game simply because it was on gamepass. But 20 dollars a month to have access to a library of games that also include 1st party games is well worth it.
Even more ironic is the fact that I too enjoyed the game only because it was free on the pass, which is why I was even able to recall it in the first place :pachaha: but that ain't the point nikka fukk all that, point is you can find that shyt in the bargain bin of your neighborhood GameStop for less than a McDouble. Having a library of ass that nobody playing with a legit hit or two sprinkled in each year is hard to justify $20 a month. And this is coming from somebody who used to feel the exact same way you did.

Just the last 12 months.

Sniper elite
Fifa
MLB the show
Far Cry 5
Ninja Gaiden collection
Moto GP
Deahtloop
Ni No Kuni
Grid legends
Madden
Grounded
High on life
Minecraft Legends
Plague tale
Persona 5
Need for speed
Hot wheels unleashed
Wo long
Guilty Gear
Atomic Heart
Ni no Kuni 2
NHl 2023
Ghostwire Tokyo

Persona games.
Starfield
Forza
Sea of Stars
Hollow Knight

If not giving a shyt about Ni No Kuni and fifa makes my taste limited, then so be it :manny:

I am an avid gamer no doubt, but I never claimed to just enjoy every damn thing. With music, I only really listen to hip-hop/r&b, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with other genres or that I'm just not a fan of music because I don't study all forms of it every day, it just means I have preferences.

I don't pay for music, but if that was the only way to listen I damn sure wouldn't be paying whatever the fair price of ALL music is. Streaming music costs what like 10 bucks a month? Can you imagine what it would cost if it was a FAIR price il considering the value? I'm not paying for their extensive collection of bluegrass. I would pay a small fee to access the entire library and that's it, no cost adjusting for value on shyt I don't want anyway.

See where I'm going with this? I like shooters, RPGs (any kind although I haven't played a JRPG I liked in over a decade), NBA, NFL, RTS, and turn based strategy games. I do not wish to be charged extra because Redfail is available day 1.

Your sense of "value" is clouded by assuming people find value in "free" bargain bin games. Half of the catalog in gamepass I don't even bother playing because I just know it's not for me, and that's ok as long as the price stays low.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's an option they don't advertise that uses a product that they actively stopped giving you a way to buy from them directly.

It's an option that requires to effectively logic trap MS by using their own policy of converting Live subscribers to GamePass subscribers against them. Breh goes through life assuming that because he thinks or does something, clearly everyone else does, and if not, they're dumb. :dead:
I go through life looking into the stuff I buy and what’s the least expensive way to get it. If you purchase things blindly not researching them yeah you deserve to pay what you do. The type of people that walk into a car dealer and get fleeced because they just accept stuff at face value.

With many subscriptions if you pay for more time upfront you get a better deal.

Your argument is so irrational you’re basically attacking me for being an informed customer and arguing that uninformed ones are right to not put forth effort.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I go through life looking into the stuff I buy and what’s the least expensive way to get it. If you purchase things blindly not researching them yeah you deserve to pay what you do. The type of people that walk into a car dealer and get fleeced because they just accept stuff at face value.

With many subscriptions if you pay for more time upfront you get a better deal.

Your argument is so irrational you’re basically attacking me for being an informed customer and arguing that uninformed ones are right to not put forth effort.

“Attacking you” for calling people stupid for paying the asking price of the service you keep claiming is the best value in gaming. :dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like what, outside of plagues tale?
this might be THEE indie game this year.
Yakuza 7 and chicory

out on IOS and Android

And i’m sure there’s probably more.

Stan against your own interests brehs :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

So you did all that homework and couldn’t even name games i actually bought as they were on gamepass? Lol

Chicory came out TWO years ago its been given away and on sale numerous times for a few bucks, Persona 3 im not buying, and i didn’t buy MLB or vampire survivors

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
If not giving a shyt about Ni No Kuni and fifa makes my taste limited, then so be it :manny:
Theres 25 games listed there. If you don’t give a shyt about any of them, then yeah, you probably have limited taste in gaming and no subscription service will ever appeal to you. But for the millions upon millions of people who aren’t so limited in their taste GP has been a great value :ehh:
I am an avid gamer no doubt, but I never claimed to just enjoy every damn thing. With music, I only really listen to hip-hop/r&b, that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with other genres or that I'm just not a fan of music because I don't study all forms of it every day, it just means I have preferences.

I don't pay for music, but if that was the only way to listen I damn sure wouldn't be paying whatever the fair price of ALL music is. Streaming music costs what like 10 bucks a month? Can you imagine what it would cost if it was a FAIR price il considering the value? I'm not paying for their extensive collection of bluegrass. I would pay a small fee to access the entire library and that's it, no cost adjusting for value on shyt I don't want anyway.

See where I'm going with this? I like shooters, RPGs (any kind although I haven't played a JRPG I liked in over a decade), NBA, NFL, RTS, and turn based strategy games. I do not wish to be charged extra because Redfail is available day 1.
Literally all this stuff is included in that list even some JRPGs that fans claim are the best JRPGs to come out in decades

I don’t know why you’ve decided to not want to play games in genres that you yourself say you enjoy.

Weirdo behavior.
Your sense of "value" is clouded by assuming people find value in "free" bargain bin games. Half of the catalog in gamepass I don't even bother playing because I just know it's not for me, and that's ok as long as the price stays low.
Again, Millions upon millions of people buy and play those games.

It’s ok if “they aren’t for you”

But pretending these games hold no value for the millions of people playing them is just asinine.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
So you did all that homework and couldn’t even name games i actually bought as they were on gamepass? Lol

Chicory came out TWO years ago its been given away and on sale numerous times for a few bucks, Persona 3 im not buying, and i didn’t buy MLB or vampire survivors
I don’t give a fukk when you bought them.

We have extensive history of you on here enjoying gamepass games.

Give it a rest goofball :camby: