Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obsidian doesn't take long developing games, in the past 6 years, Obsidian has released at least 3 games and they got an Outer Worlds dlc. Rand al Thor reported that Avowed is a late 2022/early 2023 game, that's Fall '23 at worst. The Coalition(Gears team) took 3 years to make Gears 5(2019), even if you factor covid that's an extra year for development, Gears 6 will be in 2023 or earlier.

As far as your last sentence, let's be honest all consoles' lineups are typically dry the first 2-3 years of launch. PS4 didn't get going til 2016, and PS5 exclusives are dry.

PS5
2020: Demon Souls
2021: Ratchet, Deathloop, GT7
2022: GOW 5

Don't bring up Horizon and Miles, Horizon is a cross gen game, and Miles is a cross-gen dlc.
"Let me list my stuff but don't bring none of that shyt up because reasons" :deadrose:

If PS5 according to your metric is dry, then Xbox is nomads of the sahara :mjlol:

Daps
Obsidian doesn't take long developing games, in the past 6 years, Obsidian has released at least 3 games and they got an Outer Worlds dlc. Rand al Thor reported that Avowed is a late 2022/early 2023 game, that's Fall '23 at worst. The Coalition(Gears team) took 3 years to make Gears 5(2019), even if you factor covid that's an extra year for development, Gears 6 will be in 2023 or earlier.

As far as your last sentence, let's be honest all consoles' lineups are typically dry the first 2-3 years of launch. PS4 didn't get going til 2016, and PS5 exclusives are dry.

PS5
2020: Demon Souls
2021: Ratchet, Deathloop, GT7
2022: GOW 5

Don't bring up Horizon and Miles, Horizon is a cross gen game, and Miles is a cross-gen dlc.
GOW5 is 2021 :mjlol:
Unless you are hoping it gets delayed :stopitslime:
I'm not going to get into fanboy semantics w/ you I'm not a console stan/fanboy like the rest of the people on here making butt hurt threads (the responses to this announcement :mjlol:) and wasting hours of their life engaging in fanboy wars :mjlol:
This is exciting news for MS but it won't have an impact until years from now
To me the PS5 first year isn't dry at all
To you the games are not appealing but Spiderman, Demon's Souls, Horizon, R&C, GOW: Ragnarok, FF16 releasing within a year of the system release is more appealing to me vs. games releasing years from now
They might have other hidden gems in Returnal , Kena (coming to PC though), etc. or not
MS has a real chance to rebuild the momentum they lost after the 360 era but we won't see the fruits of their labor until years from now:yeshrug:
This was a big move for them and they might not be done
By then I will probably buy a XSX or build a gaming PC
Or just get a XSX to be my gamepass box before then

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
GOW5 is 2021 :mjlol:
Unless you are hoping it gets delayed :stopitslime:
I'm not going to get into fanboy semantics w/ you I'm not a console stan/fanboy like the rest of the people on here making butt hurt threads (the responses to this announcement :mjlol:) and wasting hours of their life engaging in fanboy wars :mjlol:
This is exciting news for MS but it won't have an impact until years from now
To me the PS5 first year isn't dry at all
To you the games are not appealing but Spiderman, Demon's Souls, Horizon, R&C, GOW: Ragnarok, FF16 releasing within a year of the system release is more appealing to me vs. games releasing years from now
They might have other hidden gems in Returnal , Kena (coming to PC though), etc. or not
MS has a real chance to rebuild the momentum they lost after the 360 era but we won't see the fruits of their labor until years from now:yeshrug:
This was a big move for them and they might not be done
By then I will probably buy a XSX or build a gaming PC
Or just get a XSX to be my gamepass box before then

Microsoft is probably not done. I wouldn't be surprised if they buy Konami and/or Sega next.

Redguard

Hoonding
Daps
Reppin
Hammerfell
It's a big move but it's hard to deny that some of Betheseda's franchises have lost momentum.

This gen has not been kind to Fallout. Ya'll can post you're little game awards links but the reality is Fallout 4 is not looked on with the fondness of the previous games. It sold very well but it does feel like a franchise now playing catch up. Fallout 76 is one of the biggest fiascos this gen, and while it's not killed the franchise it seems to have put it on ice for a bit.

Doom Eternal was good but a little more divisive than the previous game and it's a series that feels like it's already peaked. Last Wolfenstein was not well received either.

But the next Elder Scrolls will most likely be huge. The hope is that it takes a much bigger leap forward in the series than Fallout 4. They cannot come out with that flabby ass, tired engine and filler side quests. Open world games are evolving. Breath of the Wild, Witcher 3, RDR2 (and most likely Cyberpunk) are making shyt like Fallout and Skyrim look old.

Starfield could be a big deal too. But if it's just Fallout 4 in space then :russell:

To me Bethesda (at least their RPG side) have a lot to prove because they've not been hitting like they used to but i'm cautiously optimistic.

I wonder if Zenimax was having money issues. They were a private owned company. Maybe they lost funding from investors.

I know almost every game has monetization but the way it was pushed in almost every Bethesda title was a bit excessive for the developer.

Hopefully with Microsoft funding Bethesda's games they can go back to making good games again.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm not a stan fan boy for both systems but it’s hilarious seeing GROWN ass Sony fan boys online getting salty about this. Making videos about why this power move acquisition is an L for Microsoft. Knowing damn well if Sony did the same thing they would all cheer for this move. :gucci:

I’m like the regular brehs on here who love playing great games no matter which systems they are on. Grown ass fan boys are the worst. :scust:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Can someone explain to me how the narrative is now; Bethesda will turn over a new leaf because Microsoft bought them?

:ohhh: This supposed to make them less greedy.

The industry is facing the edge of the cliff where developers/publishers are wondering if they can continue AAA gaming because of the cost of it. Some people like Bethesda said we'll jump in bed with the cash flush people to be able to continue. Like this.

It begins is the saying.

Not everyone will be able to keep up.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I'm not a stan fan boy for both systems but it’s hilarious seeing GROWN ass Sony fan boys online getting salty about this. Making videos about why this power move acquisition is an L for Microsoft. Knowing damn well if Sony did the same thing they would all cheer for this move. :gucci:

I’m like the regular brehs on here who love playing great games no matter which systems they are on. Grown ass fan boys are the worst. :scust:

I get where they are coming from Sony is not financially bigger than Microsoft even tho they dominate the console market in some areas around the world... Look we really don't want another wwe situation on our hands because guys like vince mcmahon destroyed wrestling buying up all the competing smaller companies then brought wcw. :scust: that killed wrestling

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I wonder if Zenimax was having money issues. They were a private owned company. Maybe they lost funding from investors.

I know almost every game has monetization but the way it was pushed in almost every Bethesda title was a bit excessive for the developer.

Hopefully with Microsoft funding Bethesda's games they can go back to making good games again.
Wouldn’t say they were having money “issues” but some games like fallout and elder scrolls were extremely profitable, while other games like Dishonored were not.

They monitized the shyt out of their popular franchises in order to maintain.

With Microsoft money and Gamepass they can keep making games like dishonored without worrying so much about individual profitability, and the games will reach more people

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Wouldn’t say they were having money “issues” but some games like fallout and elder scrolls were extremely profitable, while other games like Dishonored were not.

They monitized the shyt out of their popular franchises in order to maintain.

With Microsoft money and Gamepass they can keep making games like dishonored without worrying so much about individual profitability, and the games will reach more people

I wonder if microsoft buying them will have detrimental residual effects that we don't see. :patrice: like core teams and key creators leaving because they don't like the change in MGMT...

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
I wonder if microsoft buying them will have detrimental residual effects that we don't see. :patrice: like core teams and key creators leaving because they don't like the change in MGMT...

That should be expected from any studio. Watch a least a couple new studios spring up in the next coming years.