Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Isn't Starfield further along than the next Elder Scrolls?

At E3 they had a Starfield teaser, but Elder Scrolls was literally a logo. So I assume Starfield will come out sooner.

I wish we could get some updates on these games man...:snoop:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Same nikkas talking that 'something to prove' and 'not a big deal' nonsense were all up in the DOOM threads and coveniently leave id Software out of the conversation. :francis:
Who are you trying to convince?
Skyrim one of the most successful and most played games of all time. More people playing and enjoying the elder scrolls universe right now than any Sony exclusive.

but Bethesda trash and nobody cares

Sony stans wild :mjlol:

ElectroMan

Superstar
Daps
willing to bet coli cash this doesn't come out in the next 5 years

the quality of bethesda games outside of Doom, dishonored and Wolfenstein in the last 5 years has been kinda trash.

Hopefully the next fallout and ES are not ugly buggy messes when they come out.

Bethesda just gotta stay away from those garbage Mmorpg renditions (FO76 and ESO) of classics and they'll be good.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY

the quality of bethesda games outside of Doom, dishonored and Wolfenstein in the last 5 years has been kinda trash.

Here's the thing it doesn't matter like that if ES/Fallout are mid, they still have Doom; Arkane(Dishonored), and Machine games(Wolfenstein).

Doom 6 will be a great late gen game(2024 or 2025); Arkane will either have a sequel to Dishonored/Deathloop or new IP in 2026 or 2027, MachineGames next title is probably 4-5 years away.

In addition to the above,you still have proven studios in Playground; Obsidian, The Coalition, and Ninja Theory with games 1-3 years away. Xbox is set, the "has no games" narrative is dead, and they have a gang of studios who consistently produce 80+ games on Metacritic.

Daps
Here's the thing it doesn't matter like that if ES/Fallout are mid, they still have Doom; Arkane(Dishonored), and Machine games(Wolfenstein).

Doom 6 will be a great late gen game(2024 or 2025); Arkane will either have a sequel to Dishonored/Deathloop or new IP in 2026 or 2027, MachineGames next title is probably 4-5 years away.

In addition to the above,you still have proven studios in Playground; Obsidian, The Coalition, and Ninja Theory with games 1-3 years away. Xbox is set, the "has no games" narrative is dead, and they have a gang of studios who consistently produce 80+ games on Metacritic.
I think the games are coming but the amount of years away for everything :scust:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps

Isn't Starfield further along than the next Elder Scrolls?

At E3 they had a Starfield teaser, but Elder Scrolls was literally a logo. So I assume Starfield will come out sooner.

Bethesda said they aren't putting a full team on ES6 until Starfield ships and we haven't even seen a CGI trailer for Starfield.

Daps
Bethesda said they aren't putting a full team on ES6 until Starfield ships and we haven't even seen a CGI trailer for Starfield.
this is my point
too many of the XSX's games are "years" away
people getting excited about games not coming out for the next 3-5 years
Halo Infinite's reveal killed my hype for it
what about the killer app lineup for now?
xsx would be a game pass box for me right now

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
this is my point
too many of the XSX's games are "years" away
people getting excited about games not coming out for the next 3-5 years
Halo Infinite's reveal killed my hype for it
what about the killer app lineup for now?
xsx would be a game pass box for me right now
Plus, MS has fukked up too many studios for me to believe it will be any different with Bethesda, nevermind that Bethesda Softworks itself has not put out a great game since Fallout 3. Their engine has been a mess for over a decade. There isn't much reason to believe whatever new engine they claim to be working on will be that great and I wonder if they're taking MS for a magic carpet ride.

I don't think Bethesda was necessarily hurting for money but I bet there's more turmoil in their games development than we know.

Arkane's been a really good studio. That's the major get out of this.

Last edited:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I think the games are coming but the amount of years away for everything :scust:

It's ok, the games are coming. This is most likely when MS AAA exclusives will come out.l for the next 4 years.

2021: Halo
2022: Hellblade 2, Forza
2023: Gears 6; Fable, Avowed
2024: The Iniative's new game, Elder Scrolls, MachineGames(Wolfenstein team) next title, possibly Starfield

This is just me listing games that will be AAA high quality games, I'm not counting wild cards like The Medium and The Gunk which will drop this year or next. Project Mara(Ninja Theory); State of Decay, and Everwild are 2-3 years away.

Last edited:
Daps
It's ok, the games are coming. This is most likely when MS AAA exclusives will come out.l for the next 4 years.

2021: Halo
2022: Hellblade 2, Forza
2023: Gears 6; Fable, Avowed
2024: The Iniative's new game, Elder Scrolls, MachineGames(Wolfenstein team) next title, possibly Starfield

This is just me listing games that will be AAA high quality games, I'm not counting wild cards like The Medium and The Gunk which will drop this year or next. Project Mara(Ninja Theory); State of Decay, and Everwild are 2-3 years away.
A lot of those release years are speculation though
That's not counting delays and the development hell developers seem to go through developing for MS
Otherwise why am I buying this thing for games that aren't releasing for years?
At that point I would just be doing gamepass for old games and multiplatforms
Halo, Hellblade 2, and Forza (no interest) over the span of two years is not enough

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
A lot of those release years are speculation though
That's not counting delays and the development hell developers seem to go through developing for MS
Otherwise why am I buying this thing for games that aren't releasing for years?
At that point I would just be doing gamepass for old games and multiplatforms
Halo, Hellblade 2, and Forza (no interest) over the span of two years is not enough

Obsidian doesn't take long developing games, in the past 6 years, Obsidian has released at least 3 games and they got an Outer Worlds dlc. Rand al Thor reported that Avowed is a late 2022/early 2023 game, that's Fall '23 at worst. The Coalition(Gears team) took 3 years to make Gears 5(2019), even if you factor covid that's an extra year for development, Gears 6 will be in 2023 or earlier.

As far as your last sentence, let's be honest all consoles' lineups are typically dry the first 2-3 years of launch. PS4 didn't get going til 2016, and PS5 exclusives are dry.

PS5
2020: Demon Souls
2021: Ratchet, Deathloop, GT7
2022: GOW 5

Don't bring up Horizon and Miles, Horizon is a cross gen game, and Miles is a cross-gen dlc.

Chef

All Star
Daps
Two to three AAA titles a year sounds good. Keep the diversity among the first party and give them time to cook and it’s going to be good times.

I’m curious about how does the money trickle down to the developer? For example if the next Doom doesn’t move units(digital/physical) but gets good scores, Is the money from Game Pass enough to keep the studio afloat?