Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
It's a big move but it's hard to deny that some of Betheseda's franchises have lost momentum.

This gen has not been kind to Fallout. Ya'll can post you're little game awards links but the reality is Fallout 4 is not looked on with the fondness of the previous games. It sold very well but it does feel like a franchise now playing catch up. Fallout 76 is one of the biggest fiascos this gen, and while it's not killed the franchise it seems to have put it on ice for a bit.

Doom Eternal was good but a little more divisive than the previous game and it's a series that feels like it's already peaked. Last Wolfenstein was not well received either.

But the next Elder Scrolls will most likely be huge. The hope is that it takes a much bigger leap forward in the series than Fallout 4. They cannot come out with that flabby ass, tired engine and filler side quests. Open world games are evolving. Breath of the Wild, Witcher 3, RDR2 (and most likely Cyberpunk) are making shyt like Fallout and Skyrim look old.

Starfield could be a big deal too. But if it's just Fallout 4 in space then :russell:

To me Bethesda (at least their RPG side) have a lot to prove because they've not been hitting like they used to but i'm cautiously optimistic.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Can someone explain to me how the narrative is now; Bethesda will turn over a new leaf because Microsoft bought them?

:ohhh: This supposed to make them less greedy.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
It's a big move but it's hard to deny that some of Betheseda's franchises have lost momentum.

This gen has not been kind to Fallout. Ya'll can post you're little game awards links but the reality is Fallout 4 is not looked on with the fondness of the previous games. It sold very well but it does feel like a franchise now playing catch up. Fallout 76 is one of the biggest fiascos this gen, and while it's not killed the franchise it seems to have put it on ice for a bit.

Doom Eternal was good but a little more divisive than the previous game and it's a series that feels like it's already peaked. Last Wolfenstein was not well received either.

But the next Elder Scrolls will most likely be huge. The hope is that it takes a much bigger leap forward in the series than Fallout 4. They cannot come out with that flabby ass, tired engine and filler side quests. Open world games are evolving. Breath of the Wild, Witcher 3, RDR2 (and most likely Cyberpunk) are making shyt like Fallout and Skyrim look old.

Starfield could be a big deal too. But if it's just Fallout 4 in space then :russell:

To me Bethesda (at least their RPG side) have a lot to prove because they've not been hitting like they used to but i'm cautiously optimistic.

Wolfenstein 2 was well received, the co-op game was just a cheap cash in they didnt invest much into that. id has had about as many duds as successes but I think Wolfenstein isn't going to be a problem.

I think its gonna come down to whether or not they will decide to keep ES off of the PS5 or not that will define the XSX as a console. People would run out and buy one just off the strength of that.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I don't give a fukk what Microsoft is selling with sounding all altruistic about being able to play wherever you want, on any device you want. They're full of shyt. They still need people to buy an Xbox in order to subscribe to Game Pass. fukk PC. PC is a premium and elitist experience that you're going to spend more for than any console. They still need Xbox, and they need exclusives. They're not spending $7 billion and have their bangers come out on PS5 at the same time. No, they need people to buy an Xbox to play that hot title. A lot of who may already have a PS5. Once the game is like game of the year status, they they'll let it go to Sony.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
It would be suicide to make any Bethesda AAA games XBox exclusives....

Not even MS is that stupid. They know how profitable PS games are.

A person with short bread will think like that

Its all about the End game..

You dont spend 7 billion to void exclusive rights on major titles you have the rights to

Daps
When will Doom, Starfield, and Wolfenstein come out?
2023?
I think TE6 will come out 2022 for some reason
Then no avowed until 2022/2023?
Doom, Starfield, Wolfenstein, TE6 are four potential PC/XSX exclusives and that's not counting their other studios
I think the Series X has the potential to be PS3 like in terms of how it gains momentum with AAA games slowly being released over time until the next thing you know the console has a quality library
But I don't feel like waiting for years for that to happen
All of the exclusives will be on PC
MS should try to make at least one XSX game but I highly doubt it
MS also needs to stay back and not pressure or influence these studios to do anything they don't want to even though that might mean it taking forever for these games to release

Last edited:

prince_peoples

Superstar
Daps
When will Doom, Starfield, and Wolfenstein come out?
2023?
I think TE6 will come out 2022 for some reason
Then no avowed until 2022/2023?
Doom, Starfield, Wolfenstein, TE6 are four potential PC/XSX exclusives and that's not counting their other studios
I think the Series X has the potential to be PS3 like in terms of how it gains momentum with AAA games slowly being released over time until the next thing you know the console has a quality library
But I don't feel like waiting for years for that to happen
All of the exclusives will be on PC
MS should try to make at least one XSX game but I highly doubt it
MS also needs to stay back and not pressure or influence these studios to do anything they don't want to even though that might mean it taking forever for these games to release
willing to bet coli cash this doesn't come out in the next 5 years

the quality of bethesda games outside of Doom, dishonored and Wolfenstein in the last 5 years has been kinda trash.

Hopefully the next fallout and ES are not ugly buggy messes when they come out.