Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
It's great but it's not tipping the scale.

Barely moved the meter really

Doom
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Dishonored
Prey
The Evil Within
Quake
Wolfenstein

If bungie actually comes back, MS will basically own FPS and WRPGs

No more Bethesda conferences at E3. Remember, they were big enough to have their own conference outside of devs and now all those games are under MS.

It's a huge move

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Doom
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Dishonored
Prey
The Evil Within
Quake
Wolfenstein

No more Bethesda conferences at E3. Remember, they were big enough to have their own conference outside of devs and now all those games are under MS.

It's a huge move
Bungie shoulda never left. Wanted to do somethin new, ended up makin another space FPS while lettin Activision destroy their vision, piss off fans with both Destiny rollouts, and have big dogs like Marty O’Donnell leave. Bungie got Blizzard’d. Makes me tear up a lil:mjcry:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Bungie shoulda never left. Wanted to do somethin new, ended up makin another space FPS while lettin Activision destroy their vision, piss off fans with both Destiny rollouts, and have big dogs like Marty O’Donnell leave. Bungie got Blizzard’d. Makes me tear up a lil:mjcry:

I don't even play destiny but I've been hearing it's a mess. I'm kinda glad they're streamlining things soon so I can finally jump in with the new expansion.

The gamepass deal has me wondering and there was a recent rumor they approached bungie recently but price was a concern, iirc.

Daps
Mostly Western development studios at Zenimax. Curious if they're only looking to top the NA market?

I hope they don't strangle them into yearly/bi-yearly releases like their other franchises. :francis: Hate that they would rather rush releases than let them finish on their own.
that's the only negative I see from this
MS shytty influence fukking up these studios

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Doom
Elder Scrolls
Fallout
Dishonored
Prey
The Evil Within
Quake
Wolfenstein

It's a huge move

Yeah but those IPs aren't momentum changing. As in, most people aren't picking an Xbox over PS5 for any of those games specifically. That said, I'm not sure there's anything MS could do to change momentum full stop. Just keep adding feathers to your cap and build that way, which is what this move is doing.

I'm not reading through 500 posts of grown men championing video game companies but Bethesda's been a joke for years and we're not going to re-write history just because our favorite company bought them out. Fallout 76 left a bad taste in many people's mouths.

Bethesda 2020 isn't the same as Bethesda 2006, or this deal wouldn't have happened in the first place. But again, MS doesn't need them to be the same powerhouse. They're nice additions where MS was thought to be lacking, so they've added value. We'll see how they choose to play it going forward with exclusives etc.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't even play destiny but I've been hearing it's a mess. I'm kinda glad they're streamlining things soon so I can finally jump in with the new expansion.

The gamepass deal has me wondering and there was a recent rumor they approached bungie recently but price was a concern, iirc.
Destiny was one of the best games this generation. They listened to youtubers, left Activision, and ruined the game that was damn near perfect.