Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Bethesda itself as a company ain’t holding up without actual sales in its corner fam. That Gamepass shyt ain’t covering the costs to make all these games.
They'll have sales these games are on steam and xbox. And yes 50mm subs x 10-15 dollars a month can easily support development

That's 500,000,000 -750,000,000 in revenue a month on top of what they make from game sales microtractions etc. You guys thinking like its still 2012.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bethesda shareholders this morning:

1cfeb97099d16977bd7a0a4b165b406b.gif

it’s under zenimax which is not a publicly traded company

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
yep...they don’t have to make any of these games exclusive to sell more consoles which I don’t even think is first priority for them...if/when they acquire more studios and get more games on to gamepass...some ppl will make the switch to xbox on their own...pay $70 for these games or pay $25 and get them on gamepass...this huge move is just a start but it’s gonna get to a point where it’ll behoove sony to play nice with MS and get gamepass on their consoles which I believe may be more important to MS re: gaming than amount of consoles sold

They gonna be bundling Gamepass with Norton Antivirus, Mavis Beacon Teaches typing, Office Suite, Skype :damn:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
man this whole convo has me wanting to play new vegas...I’ve heard nothing but praise for it but never found the time to play it...it’s on gamepass too but it’s also $4.49 ...I think I can get a $5 gift card for free :ehh:

Just GP it since Xbox owns the company now and it ain't leaving. Spend the money on the DLC.

What's your GT?

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I did not see this coming at all..

Bethesday and Obsidian Entertainment :gucci:

If the next Fallout and Elder Scrolls are xbox exclusives... console might actually have a real fighting chance next gen

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
right now I’m not personally impressed with their library bcuz they introduced gamepass after I spent years racking up games for free/at heavy discounts by using reward points and shyt when they had digital sales...but it’s definitely a great deal to many right now...and it’s going to get to a point where their library is going to become undeniable to me the more games they get on there

In 3 years game pass will be must have for all the exclusives it’s going to have

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
man this whole convo has me wanting to play new vegas...I’ve heard nothing but praise for it but never found the time to play it...it’s on gamepass too but it’s also $4.49 ...I think I can get a $5 gift card for free :ehh:
thats exactly why im waiting for them to BC it for the series x i thought they were gonna do it for the one X but they stopped BC to focus on the new consoles....shyt the series X might do it automatically :blessed:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
This is bigger than Sony/consoles.

MSFT is fighting Amazon, Facebook, Google, Apple, Netflix, etc on the gaming front.

Can't help but wonder how gaming will look at the end 2026/27

has me wondering if the aforementioned companies will buy a publisher as well.

or maybe one of them tries to buy playstation :merchant: (not saying sony would sell tho)

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats exactly why im waiting for them to BC it for the series x i thought they were gonna do it for the one X but they stopped BC to focus on the new consoles....shyt the series X might do it automatically :blessed:

I’m not sure if I’m following your post correctly but it is BC on the one X