Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Console exclusives are important :hula: Microsoft isn’t going to leave all that multiplat money on the table.

People need to make up their minds.

Its just a hearty debate, :russ: there's pro's and cons of each, honestly just gonna have to see where they go, but I personally doubt all these games or even half will be multiplatform. Especially if the GTA6 exclusive to PS rumor turns out to be true. They still have to compete and move the hardware, so they need the exclusives.
Getting someone to invest in the hardware and 15$ a month subscription > selling a game you own the ip for with a competitor which gives them money and people not a reason to buy your console. the math maths IMO :yeshrug:

Companies and shareholders don't care about a one time sell of a game as much as they care about recurrent revenue, (ie the subscription, which is only gonna sell well if the console sells well) with the subscription your possibly getting them to pay more for the games they love than if they bought it outright

just imagine if someone bought the next skyrim on xbox cause that is one of the only games they really like, they play it for 6 months on gamepass, MS has then just got the $300-400 for hardware and another $75, then they stop playing the game well in a couple of months when they want another playthrough they gotta chalk up another 15 bucks now this person has paid 90 bucks for a game that came out almost a year ago :sadcam: its literally a console devs dream scenario and no reason MS would pass this up to split 70 bucks with PS on a one time transaction

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
“Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives,” he said. “I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my specific device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about. Gaming is bigger than any one device…”

:mjlol:. Sure thing Phil. If none of those Bethesda games land on PS5 in the future that's another one for Phil.

dTcAHZc_d.webp

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
fukk then nikkas...”gaming is about community and holding hands with everyone”

Bethesda act like they still have ultimate say on what platforms MS will release their games on.
:mjtf:

If y’all were on that kumbaya shyt, y’all wouldn’t have sold. Just stop lying and postering and say “the money was too good to pass up”

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There has never been a deal of this nature. Because there has never been a service like Game Pass attached to this type of deal. Microsoft WILL have some dope exclusive content cause of this. But certain heavy hitter titles? Don’t see it. shyt. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way it’s a good move by MS.
Game pass is not available on playstation.

Even if heavy hitter titles dont end up free on gamepass, it is highly unlikely they come to playstation. Everyone sounds like they're juelzing to numb the pain of not being able to play some of these games on playstation.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Minecraft was already released when Microsoft bought the company, they arent gonna shyt on an existing deal but that doesn't mean they are willing to put newly developed games on competitors hardware.

The only examples you have are deals that were already made before being honored.

There are no examples of a game owned and developed entirely under Microsoft going to playstation.

So you’re going to ignore Phil Spencer words regarding exclusivity having to be assessed on a case by case basis? If it was blanket exclusivity that statement would not have been made. They have reiterated time and again they don’t care where you play.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
These nikkas be delusional man. Lol, stop the fanboy shyt for a second. It would be dumb as fukk to limit games that have been on every platform forever to just Xbox. I could see a couple. But majority? No way.

Street Fighter 5 on xbox? :gladbron:

:stopitslime:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Fam I know u excited but calm down. Majority of them games staying multiplat. Will there be MS exclusive content? Highly likely. Will there be MS times exclusives? Highly likely. But these companies ain’t leaving all that bread on the table like that. That wouldn’t even be smart.
Not leaving any money on the table when Gamepass is on every device you could think of except PlayStation:wow:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Smart move by Microsoft from a business standpoint. MS knows at this point they will always be third fiddle in the console wars to Sony and Nintendo, now they can collect a fee for Elder Scrolls and Fallout coming to PS5 which I promise those games still will. Microsoft is trying to sell software not consoles and this move was to do just that.