Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Fam I know u excited but calm down. Majority of them games staying multiplat. Will there be MS exclusive content? Highly likely. Will there be MS times exclusives? Highly likely. But these companies ain’t leaving all that bread on the table like that. That wouldn’t even be smart.

There isn't anything related to excitement here. That move is calculated. If the play was to be fully multiplatform, there isn't anything prohibiting them from stating that now. They could alleviate all fears.

Jez is usually in the know.

Platforms are Xcloud, Xbox and PC. Minecraft is an evergreen example. It isn't and shouldn't be compared to any other game. All known games? Maybe, GAAS games? Maybe. Traditional as we know them games? I highly doubt it.

SoSoSlick

Still gettin it!
Daps
Reppin
PG County
There’s precedent with Minecraft.

Their approaches are different. Sony leverages their first party IP and output to get you to buy consoles and into their PSN ecosystem. Nintendo does similar although not so much about their ecosystem, but more about the value of their IP, hence their games sustain their pricing over extended time. They also make a lot of money off of merch.

Microsoft doesn’t care about selling consoles. They just want the money. If Sony or Nintendo dropped the wall, you’d see Gamepass on those platforms too. They don’t care where you play/how you play so long as they get the money, hence all their games ending up on PC. Hence a Xcloud. Hence them beefing with Apple to allow Xcloud on it.

These games will be day and date on Gamepass, but if you don’t own an Xbox or PC/don’t have a Gamepass sub. You’ll still be able to buy them at full price on playstation or Nintendo platforms, and Microsoft will still get the money.
MS bouta kill the stan wars :wow:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
:mjlol:

As of 2014, Skyrim sold 20 million units between PC, PS3 and PC.

gamerant.com/skyrim-sells-20-million/amp/

They're going to leave their install base of Sony and millions of dollars just because

:mjlol:

Let's not deal with hypotheticals, rather real life happenings. The game has legs and will be considered a blockbuster to hold down their quarterly earnings.

The game still sells across all platforms. Stop being goofy about this.
It does not matter how much skyrim sold because Microsoft bought the parent company and has the final say on future game releases.

:gucci:

You think Microsoft gives a fukk about Sony's install size? They bought the studio to sell more consoles than Sony, they didn't do it to have access to Sony's install base.

:gucci:

datnigDASTARDLY

catching pigeons
Daps
Supposedly this isn't over and there are more in the line up

what you know breh...
76b613b6825bc618ea08f0eb374e1eed.gif

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There isn't anything related to excitement here. That move is calculated. If the play was to be fully multiplatform, there isn't anything prohibiting them from stating that now. They could alleviate all fears.

Jez is usually in the know.

Platforms are Xcloud, Xbox and PC. Minecraft is an evergreen example. It isn't and shouldn't be compared to any other game. All known games? Maybe, GAAS games? Maybe. Traditional as we know them games? I highly doubt it.

He’s speculating:

Schreier has posted a direct quote:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
There’s precedent with Minecraft.
Minecraft was already released when Microsoft bought the company, they arent gonna shyt on an existing deal but that doesn't mean they are willing to put newly developed games on competitors hardware.

The only examples you have are deals that were already made before being honored.

There are no examples of a game owned and developed entirely under Microsoft going to playstation.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
First and foremost. I will never buy an Xbox again, ever in my life after what seems like MS gave up on tryna get good/great/superb games on the Xbox One after like 2017. They literally only had like a handful of arguably good first party games after that year. They still attempted to sell us new hardware with inferior games (graphically, and just overall) :heh:. I game on PC, and Playstation. So these upcoming games i will be able to play day 1 on PC.

With that said. I won't get my hopes up but this gives me some assurance that BOTH Microsoft, and Sony will compete this upcoming gen. Not just Sony this time around. Of the games shown in Phil's tweet. I rock with Elder Scrolls (just Skyrim but still), Fallout (just 4 but still), and Evil Within (2 was :patrice:but not bad). The rest (except that starfield game) i played, and do not like.

They have Outer Worlds (Obsidian), and Fallout. That's great. Sony is known for their story driven games. Microsoft should try to be known for their huge open world, rpg's.

Doom 2 is a GOTY contender. So Xbox finally has that at least. None of their games have been nominated in years. I personally dislike the Doom series. I think it's all mindless nonstop action, and gore, with no substance. But again, it's a GOTY contender. Sony has TLOU2 (will win GOTY), GOT, FFVII remake, and P5 Royale (not sure if it counts but was released this year)...MS still has some catching up to do. So MS fanboi's should not get carried away now because Sony could lose every multiplat that's now owned by MS, and be more than fine.

I know MS has messed up so many times this last decade. I don't think they can mess this up. At least i hope not:pachaha:I hope they don't make do some dumb shyt. Like for example, force Obsidian to focus on Grounded 2, and Bethesda on Bleeding Edge 2 to grab the Fornite crowd or some shyt :mjlol:
On top of the series i said above. they also have:

Hellblade
Fallout
Fallout New Vegas
Outer Worlds
South Park (i think)
DMC (folk hated it, i think they should bring it back)
Heavenly Sword (i think they should bring it back to)

And HOPEFULLY, and more IMPORTANTLY...NEW FIRST PARTY IP'S!

While they at it they should grab Dontnod. They should of picked up Taletale, and have them reboot TWD (bring back Lee & Clem), Wolf Among Us, add Stranger Things, and some other TV shows that can be a game. Throw them on game pass, and really become the Netflix of gaming.

I know a lot of this is wishful thinking. But MS is definitely taking a step in the right direction. Now let's hope they don't take ten steps backward like they're known to do. Competition means WE the gamers win:banderas:

*PC nikkas especially. A couple years from now i see both MS, and Sony dropping games on PC day 1, up to maybe 6 months.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they lock it to Xbox only that's yet another lie Phil got caught in.

“Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives,” he said. “I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my specific device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about. Gaming is bigger than any one device…”
https:///www.kotaku.com.au/2020/07/xbox-series-x-exclusives-phil-spencer/amp/