Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
“Gaming is about entertainment and community and diversion and learning new stories and new perspectives,” he said. “I find it completely counter to what gaming is about to say that part of that is to lock people away from being able to experience those games. Or to force someone to buy my specific device on the day that I want them to go buy it, in order to partake in what gaming is about. Gaming is bigger than any one device…”

:mjlol:. Sure thing Phil. If none of those Bethesda games land on PS5 in the future that's another one for Phil.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, when Sony allows gamepass. Those GAAS games, sure. Fallout and Elder Scrolls proper? Not likely.

Phil already said, case by case basis.

I anticipate Nintendo getting more games than Sony going forward. Given the name of an Elder Scrolls 6, exclusive. That's like a Rockstar game being exclusive. That is the proposition we have now. Why would Microsoft squander that? This isn't a purchase that will be paid back with immediate dividends nor are there any expectations that it will. This is the beginning of the long game, the end game.

Tentpole release.

They are not leaving money on the table

:snoop:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
These nikkas be delusional man. Lol, stop the fanboy shyt for a second. It would be dumb as fukk to limit games that have been on every platform forever to just Xbox. I could see a couple. But majority? No way.
Games will be on gamepass thats what Microsoft cares about. gamepass needs content and having exclusive content is more important then lost sales.

Gamepass down the line will be on browser's tvs phones consoles etc. 50mm subs monthly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10mm copies on ps5

Scholar

Superstar
Daps
dTcAHZc_d.webp
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Went from “xBoX HaS nO GaMeS” to “Xbox gonna have too many games:damn:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Games will be on gamepass thats what Microsoft cares about. gamepass needs content and having exclusive content is more important then lost sales.

Gamepass down the line will be on browser's tvs phones consoles etc. 50mm subs monthly >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 10mm copies on ps5
Bethesda itself as a company ain’t holding up without actual sales in its corner fam. That Gamepass shyt ain’t covering the costs to make all these games.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
These nikkas be delusional man. Lol, stop the fanboy shyt for a second. It would be dumb as fukk to limit games that have been on every platform forever to just Xbox. I could see a couple. But majority? No way.

Who's delusional?

:gucci:

Yall are in here making up a hypothetical scenario that goes against literally every previous deal of this nature.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There isn't anything related to excitement here. That move is calculated. If the play was to be fully multiplatform, there isn't anything prohibiting them from stating that now. They could alleviate all fears.

Jez is usually in the know.

Platforms are Xcloud, Xbox and PC. Minecraft is an evergreen example. It isn't and shouldn't be compared to any other game. All known games? Maybe, GAAS games? Maybe. Traditional as we know them games? I highly doubt it.

If it didn't cost them $7.5 billion, it would make sense to make the games in those tweets (fukk Colin Moriarty, by the way) exclusive. On top of the cost of acquisition, most if those games will probably have $100 million plus production budgets. Even with as popular as XBox is, they're probably not making all of these expenses back by going exclusive and relying on Gamepass. I can easily see the approach just being "Sure, you can buy it over there, OR you can buy it Gamepass it over here, where it'll run best." And prepare for a LOT of exclusive/timed exclusive DLC for those games, which according to the internet, may or may not be anti-consumer.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Console exclusives are important :hula: Microsoft isn’t going to leave all that multiplat money on the table.

People need to make up their minds.
Console exclusives and new IP’s are important. Not saying a bunch of Bethesda’s new IP’s wouldn’t be console exclusive. I’m saying them removing key multiplat games that have been multiplat since their inception basically ain’t good for business. Especially since they tryna throw everything on Game Pass. shyt ain’t covering all them costs to make AAA games. Especially if people can spend the amount in a whole year for Game Pass on one single game that isn’t attached to it. They would gimp the developer in the long run by doing that.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Who's delusional?

:gucci:

Yall are in here making up a hypothetical scenario that goes against literally every previous deal of this nature.
There has never been a deal of this nature. Because there has never been a service like Game Pass attached to this type of deal. Microsoft WILL have some dope exclusive content cause of this. But certain heavy hitter titles? Don’t see it. shyt. Maybe I’m wrong. Either way it’s a good move by MS.