Microsoft Has Purchased ZeniMax Media, Parent to Bethesda Softworks and More

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Holy shyt that's huge. Biggest gaming news this year outside the console releases.

Microsoft has Fallout, Skyrim, Starfield, Doom, and Wolfenstein as exclusives from the jump.

Sony might have to make a deal with Valve or something :wow:

Hot Red Buns

Life's too short, little baby fall through
Daps
Reppin
Houston
kinda good as long as MS don;t make them over monetize and change too much like Gears and Halo have. MS definitely not giving them 7 years to release a title, im guessing Fallout 5 2023 and Elderscrolls at then end of 21 or beginning of 22, fallout NV re-master on a new engine or a sequel all together, MS has the money and support to finally get Bethesda on a new engine

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
PC brehs with the playstation ordered are like

:whew:
Oh so everybody has a PC that can do ray tracing without hits to performance and I guess they got there super fast ssd's on pre-order? Or are you suggesting ppl run it on a PC that is likely last gen compatible at best while if you don't want to struggle. Yeah that makes sense...
This is actually a valid concern.

I am worried as well. I had this thought if like a "behind the music" type episode detailing the rise and fall of the good will that game pass generates.

Xbox and studios smiling today...but shyt and relationships could get ugly quick.

Like, I'm wondering how the numbers look for a Bethesda like company to look at the Xbox model and be like..."yes, that can get us a good profit"

Actually on some business or MBA shyt...I really want to peel back the layers on this.
Is 7.5 billion not enough profit?
why would sega sell themselves to microsoft? so noone in japan plays their games anymore?
Sega has been buddies with Microsoft, well documented. And even now all of sega's shyt is in gamepass. And Yakuza 7 won't release on PlayStation 5 til a year later if not longer. Seems like they already made a deal. Maybe they didn't wanna be bought outright but they agreed to something and they haven't spoken on why all this is happening :francis:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
kinda good as long as MS don;t make them over monetize and change too much like Gears and Halo have. MS definitely not giving them 7 years to release a title, im guessing Fallout 5 2023 and Elderscrolls at then end of 21 or beginning of 22, fallout NV re-master on a new engine or a sequel all together, MS has the money and support to finally get Bethesda on a new engine
nikka shut up

WHERE LYING IS MANDATORY :snoop:
I hope the "I'm a MP guy these SP games be :snooze:" cats keep the same energy. nikkas downplayed SP games on PS but now MSFT acquires a SP oriented studio and these guys are gushing over it. :mjlol:
Sony nikkaz enter threads to make a strawmen comment then they drag their moist vag draws out the thread. Who said that, quote a nikka or shut it up :camby: Y'all the ones saying you didn't care about multiplayer because you had good single player games

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I don't know if your being trolly or not but if I really did want to play another bethseda title I'd play it on PC

I had great fun with Skyrim on PC. But with like 9 million mods so I don't know if I can even cite Bethseda as making a great game moreso than the community :mjlit:
Oh, I'm def trolling, my nikka :skip:

Thing is, you'll see the sneak dissing that this forum is used to are moot now...

Of Bethesda even makes one good game...

You can get it for you PC prices or game pass free.

Bitter xbox hating nikkas will cop it for...$70:mjlol:

And gamepass brehs will get it day one for free.

GG

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I hope the "I'm a MP guy these SP games be :snooze:" cats keep the same energy. nikkas downplayed SP games on PS but now MSFT acquires a SP oriented studio and these guys are gushing over it. :mjlol:
Oh, I'm def a fukk SP games guy.

But, I'm also a "thank God, these goofy hating nikkas can start to shut the fukk up now" type of breh, as well. So, an acquisition like this?

Helps me enjoy these forums better.

GG.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Oh, I'm def trolling, my nikka :skip:

Thing is, you'll see the sneak dissing that this forum is used to are moot now...

Of Bethesda even makes one good game...

You can get it for you PC prices or game pass free.

Bitter xbox hating nikkas will cop it for...$70:mjlol:

And gamepass brehs will get it day one for free.

GG

I'm a sony head but at this point I'd honestly rather build another pc than buy one. All their shyt and microsofts is going to PC apparently anyway. console war shyt is almost dead at this point.