Microsoft has closed a number of Bethesda studios, Redfall maker Arkane Austin, HiFi Rush dev Tango Gameworks, and more... Update: More cuts coming

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
All jokes aside, going after ABK was a bad idea in retrospect. In hindsight, MS should’ve just got cheaper studios that are efficient. Why isn’t Asobo(Plague Tale games, Flight Sim) not owned by Xbox?

fukk spending $70B+ on Activision, when you could’ve had Asobo; Flying Well Hog(Shadow Warrior, Evil West), and Metalhead Software(Super Mega Baseball) for a combined $4-8B. These three studios feel needs for Xbox, as both Flying Well Hog and Asobo have 3rd person action-adventure games(Evil West, Plague Tale), while Metalhead Software makes arcade sports games that could be monetized. Plus those three studios don’t take 5+ years to make games, nor do they require crazy budgets to make titles.

They did all that as a big fukk you to sony by eating the 3rd party market share they would force players into the xbox ecosystem.....BUT it backfired on them badly... We told them years ago it would :mjlol: but nah all digital futures and all that jazz was what they kept telling us...:dead:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
That's how they role

told you guys.

specialty when that Indian guy became ceo

never let call center guys run your company....
out of all people in corporate circle

they do the minimal to push the needle forward for growth

the ultimate yes man in a position of "power"

shyt look at UK with their PM

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
I used to joke to get a lol about Xbox being Xbox. But I knew back then cats would get hired quick. But now in 2024 shyt scary. These people are going through it. the jobs not there at the moment. MS ain’t shyt for this. They would been better off just buying exclusive games from these companies. what they are doing is what the coli said would happen. These fukks have created a culture where u dont want to buy games anymore. My boy a casual COD fan. He buy Cod every year just cause. He told me he didn’t buy the last one because he gonna wait for gamepass.

video games are not meant to be consumed like that. Probably a single digit pct of gamers brains work like that. The more games u have. the less you play. Hell on Netflix I get intimidated looking for a movie. I usually just throw on something I already saw. I got so much movies on my watch later list. I’m never gonna get to any of those movies soon if ever.

Phil got to go. PlayStation need some competition

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I guess you don't know what a publisher is.
I guess you don’t know how leaks work. They come internal sources. If they didn’t like that decision they just do what everyone does and leak the game info early. No longer a shadow drop.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Sony stans concern trolling about a studio they said should be shut down when redfall dropped is priceless.

:mjlol:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

Then fukkin leave :camby:

you knew what deal was gonna be the moment Bobby agreed to buyout but you stayed for that comp package. You have more than enough clout in the industry to start up your own studio yet agreed to work in one of the biggest tech companies in the worst eras for tech with the worst output for games. You’re just as much to blame the c-suite doing the layoffs.

Moral grandstanding at its finest.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London

you knew what deal was gonna be the moment Bobby agreed to buyout but you stayed for that comp package. You have more than enough clout in the industry to start up your own studio yet agreed to work in one of the biggest tech companies in the worst eras for tech with the worst output for games. You’re just as much to blame the c-suite doing the layoffs.

Bobby? This guy was part of the Zenimax acquisition not ABK.

Half A $

Pro
Daps
Sony stans concern trolling about a studio they said should be shut down when redfall dropped is priceless.

:mjlol:

MS Stans :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
PlayStation need some competition
This won't happen. Console install basis have been stuck in the same range since the PS2 generation.

It's pretty clear Microsoft is becoming more software focused and hardware isn't a priority for them anymore. No other company is going to want to enter this space and invest what it's going to take to build out a console brand in terms of time and money for a slice of the install base Sony has mostly already claimed.

I think the console install base has made it pretty clear they want a monopoly and they'll get that.

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
It's pretty clear Microsoft is becoming more software focused and hardware isn't a priority for them anymore.
How does closing a studio that just put out a critically acclaimed game and was pitching a sequel to it fits that vision? :russ: