Microsoft CEO Nadella: Will consider buying even more video game companies in future

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're talking like if Bethesda doesn't make quality games that sell well? They'll recoup that money easily. And a fact I brought to light recently is Microsoft earns 120 million a day PROFIT. So they profit a billion like every 9 days. 9x7=63 so They'll recoup that money in 2 months :wow:

And while they will do numbers, let's for shyts and giggles say they didn't. The momentum and idea that games are coming is invaluable and will likely bring new faces to all their titles. Bethesda will help bring ppl in, Microsoft got waves of teams on deck to assist in keeping those gamers here in this ecosystem. Chess moves...
The PR win by itself made that purchase worth it. "They have no Games"/ "Halo Gears, Forza"/ "Game Pass fodder" all died on Monday.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Sony Open To Acquiring More Developer Firms To Grow PlayStation Studios

wasn’t an issue when Sony bought insomniac. Wasn’t an issue when they said they wanted to get more studios in the future. Wasn’t an issue IPs been held hostage on PlayStation for years. Wasn’t an issue when I could only get FF7 Remake for my ps4.

But now buying studios for first party is bad.

@PS5 Where lying is mandatory :coffee:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Gamers: Xbox has subpar 1st party software.
Xbox: *acquires 1st party studios*
Gamers: This isn't fair. Monopoly!

giphy.gif

I think I get it :wow:

Basically what they mean is that

They want phil spencer to develop the games himself :blessed:

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps

wasn’t an issue when Sony bought insomniac. Wasn’t an issue when they said they wanted to get more studios in the future. Wasn’t an issue IPs been held hostage on PlayStation for years. Wasn’t an issue when I could only get FF7 Remake for my ps4.

I def had a problem with spiderman not being in that avengers game for xbox players. :francis:
Its even worse than xmen not showing up on mvcI

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This. Consumers should not want this.
According to you guys it's all about exclusives so this is exactly what you wanted
But they already had these (Bethesda) games sooooooooooo until they announce they are NOT going to be on Sony, then what's the difference
That 7.5 billion is probably so they can get a bigger cut from there next fallout game. When Sony acquires a studio do you fathom the shyt you're saying now? Is uncharted coming to Xbox? Your know what it is, you gotta accept it :francis:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
According to you guys it's all about exclusives so this is exactly what you wanted

That 7.5 billion is probably so they can get a bigger cut from there next fallout game. When Sony acquires a studio do you fathom the shyt you're saying now? Is uncharted coming to Xbox? Your know what it is, you gotta accept it :francis:
That's totally different and you know it. If Sony acquired EA Sports, I would never in a million years think they'd cut off a 50-60 million install base. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So like I just said, I believe MS would keep things multiplat on their huge titles. Even if it's a timed exclusive. Or making Sony pay out the ass to have it be so. Or the MS version gets extra shyt. Whatever it is. I don't see them saying ALL those titles are going away. Cause for them, that's an install base of 110 million

This ain't Halo. This ain't Uncharted. They doing cross plat gaming now man. These companies want ALL the money. I wouldn't be surprised if MS goes cloud and lets Sony have hardware and that's that. These two could have killed each other off a long time ago at different points. They always end up working together.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Insomniac is a studio, Bethesda is a publisher.
Insomniac has made exclusives for Sony for years, Bethesda has been multiplat since forever.
Insomniac being bought didn't take away Sunset Overdrive.

A timed exclusive (FFVII) is not the same as a permanent exclusive paid to be kept off everywhere else.

What IPS are being held hostage on PlayStation that are traditionally third party? Almost every studio Sony has bought were studios that made Sony exclusives.

Nobody cared when Microsoft acquired Playground games because they made Xbox games pretty much.

Buying an entire publisher that published games everywhere is quite unprecedented. Not the same thing really.

Last edited:

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But they already had these (Bethesda) games sooooooooooo until they announce they are NOT going to be on Sony, then what's the difference
They're not coming to Playstation. After Ghostwire and Deathloop drop on PS5 they're going Xbox/PC/XCloud/Switch "exclusive". The only exceptions will be games like Elder Scrolls Online or Fallout 76.

We going back to the Xbox/Xbox 360 days when Morrowind, Doom 3, and Quake 4 were Xbox exclusive on console.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
:hhh::hhh::hhh: a literal fukking monopoly...
Do you even know what this word means? :comeon:
How does MS have monopoly if you just pre-ordered a PS5 and Nintendo recently raised their FY hardware projections. The gaming market is massive and Playstation fans can still play these MS published games on PC like they have been claiming everyone should do all generation....:mjgrin:

Last edited:

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
Insomniac is a studio, Bethesda is a publisher.
Insomniac has made exclusives for Sony for years, Bethesda has been multiplat since forever.
Insomniac being bought didn't take away Sunset Overdrive.

A timed exclusive (FFVII) is not the same as a permanent exclusive paid to be kept off everywhere else.

What IPS are being held hostage on PlayStation that are traditionally third party? Almost every studio Sony has bought were studios that made Sony exclusives.

Nobody cared when Microsoft acquired Playground games because they made Xbox games pretty much.

Buying an entire publisher that published games everywhere is quite unprecedented. Not the same thing really.
So purchasing a company and actually making a real investment in them is somehow more anti-consumer than paying for timed exclusives? :mjlol: Come on breh...get Sony's dikk out your mouth.