Microsoft CEO Nadella: Will consider buying even more video game companies in future

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
So MS held guns to their suit's heads and made them sell? Stop. They chose to do this...

SimilarFarawayAcouchi-small.gif

everyones got their price...:mjgrin:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
EA sports bought out game studios too, and ruined them.

You can't just buy the rights, you need the same people, and you need to give them same budget and development time to get the same product.

exactly what I was alluding to....:manny: this could have an adverse affect but people dont think it will happen...:troll:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Isnt Take 2 - 2K also?

Youre right that would be too much for Sony

They tried to go for EA and WB so who knows.

Im under the impression they want a company larger than ZeniMax

Take 2 is the Publisher who owns both the 2K and Rockstar Development studios.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

You can't just buy the rights, you need the same people, and you need to give them same budget and development time to get the same product.

VERY good point. But if they find a way to fukk this up like EA :snoop:

msims

Bmore nicca
Daps
About fukking time.

If they would have did this during the 360 era this xbox one wouldnt have sucked as much
Yeah. Looking back, that Kinect really fukked them up. They tried to copy instead of being original. Thinking that people wanted to do some Wii shyt.

People want games and a good console.

Who knew it would be that easy?

:laugh:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
That's totally different and you know it. If Sony acquired EA Sports, I would never in a million years think they'd cut off a 50-60 million install base. That's cutting off your nose to spite your face.

So like I just said, I believe MS would keep things multiplat on their huge titles. Even if it's a timed exclusive. Or making Sony pay out the ass to have it be so. Or the MS version gets extra shyt. Whatever it is. I don't see them saying ALL those titles are going away. Cause for them, that's an install base of 110 million

This ain't Halo. This ain't Uncharted. They doing cross plat gaming now man. These companies want ALL the money. I wouldn't be surprised if MS goes cloud and lets Sony have hardware and that's that. These two could have killed each other off a long time ago at different points. They always end up working together.
Bruh just stop it, you think Microsoft paid 7.5 billion dollars to keep shyt multiplat? :laff:
They said they would honor their commitments which is two timed exclusives but that everything else? You'll have to get on that Xbox ecosystem which they have on console and PC. it's called chess mutha-fukkaaaaaah :umad:

You thought it was bad for Xbox to include PC, but now they gotta keep shyt multiplat if it affects PlayStation? You funny, the PC userbase along with the console base is straight. look up how many copies of fallout were sold on Sony. it's not that much. bloodborne sold 3 mill, I'm just speaking facts, you're over blowing sales in general because Spiderman sold a lot. Please come back to reality bruh, 7.5 billion is not this small amount...
Insomniac is a studio, Bethesda is a publisher.
Insomniac has made exclusives for Sony for years, Bethesda has been multiplat since forever.
Insomniac being bought didn't take away Sunset Overdrive.

A timed exclusive (FFVII) is not the same as a permanent exclusive paid to be kept off everywhere else.

What IPS are being held hostage on PlayStation that are traditionally third party? Almost every studio Sony has bought were studios that made Sony exclusives.

Nobody cared when Microsoft acquired Playground games because they made Xbox games pretty much.

Buying an entire publisher that published games everywhere is quite unprecedented. Not the same thing really.
Wow, lots of incorrect info in that rant. Sony didn't buy insomniac until after sunset overdrive so let's cut that angle off. As for Bethesda not being a developer, they made every elder scrolls (except online) and fallout game. They making elder scrolls 6 and starfield but hey you keep on keeping on you salty :wrist:
Sounds like Microsoft is desperate & petty...:scust:
Says the salty and petty Sony stan
You have reading comprehension problems. Who said anything about anti-consumerism? I said it's not the same thing as purchasing a publisher. You quick to defend MSFT by regurgitating that canned response 'but the investments...' like you have personal stakes involved or that they were on the verge of going bankrupt and somehow I'm the one with a dikk in my mouth. :hhh:

You dudes sound like a bunch of MSFT employees in here celebrating. Nobody said anything when they bought those studios last year because they were non factors in the grand scheme of things so nobody is against studio purchases.

Microsoft is like a dude who got clowned for having no bytches and instead of going out and getting they shyt on point and talking to girls, they go and trick on a bunch of hoes and pay them to fukk only them. Straight hoe shyt :hhh:
WHERE LYING IS MANDATORY!!! :blessed:

parallax

Superstar
Daps

ea is the fukking grim reaper of studios. if they buy them out, you know theyre gonna be dissolved and merged or fired

rip pandemic

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
If this was during the Mattrick era I would say Bethesda was fukked, and in some ways the way Microsoft handles their studios I can see it going left with how heavy handed they can be influencing the studios under their umbrella. Unlike Sony who allows their talent to mostly do their thing with somewhat of a blank check Microsoft never been one to allow creative vision to interfere with the bottom line. Period.

But Phil seems to be potent in his position and will take a gamble on some shyt and hasn't been as hostile towards the consumer while he does it. Imma wait and see cause it looks like we're bout to be seeing cut throat companies go at it for our money and having any one of these corporations dominate is never good for anyone of us in the long run. I just hope that Microsofts endgame doesn't get them in the same head space they were in during the 360 run cause while the content was good a lot of the worst shyt in gaming was introduced and test ran throughout.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
:hhh::hhh::hhh: a literal fukking monopoly...
And folks out here dikkriding hard. Was mad af when Sony said "No Spider-Man 4 U," but over the moon with the prospect of MS buying up damn near everything, making it digital only (because they would), then jacking that Gamepass price up through the roof.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Insomniac has made exclusives for Sony for years, Bethesda has been multiplat since forever.

A timed exclusive (FFVII) is not the same as a permanent exclusive paid to be kept off everywhere else.

What IPS are being held hostage on PlayStation that are traditionally third party? Almost every studio Sony has bought were studios that made Sony exclusives.

Nobody cared when Microsoft acquired Playground games because they made Xbox games pretty much.

Buying an entire publisher that published games everywhere is quite unprecedented. Not the same thing really.

Yup.

And Bethesda ain't even a publisher technically. They're a development studio under that ZeniMax Media company that MS bought.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
They're not coming to Playstation. After Ghostwire and Deathloop drop on PS5 they're going Xbox/PC/XCloud/Switch "exclusive". The only exceptions will be games like Elder Scrolls Online or Fallout 76.

We going back to the Xbox/Xbox 360 days when Morrowind, Doom 3, and Quake 4 were Xbox exclusive on console.
I said when Microsoft says it... Not you fam

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Bruh just stop it, you think Microsoft paid 7.5 billion dollars to keep shyt multiplat? :laff:
They said they would honor their commitments which is two timed exclusives but that everything else? You'll have to get on that Xbox ecosystem which they have on console and PC. it's called chess mutha-fukkaaaaaah :umad:
They didn't say that :mjlol:

Y'all keep PRETENDING they said it. They said WE WILL DO IT CASE BY CASE.

So if they wanted it all exclusive, then why not say that?? If it's gonna be all the games, why say case by case. If they didn't want Sony to pay up or beg, why not shut down any thoughts of that today. In fact, in order to crush sony at launch, why not announce Elder Scrolls will never again come to Sony, on day fukking 1, and stomp them out from preorders on???

Cause they fukking not stupid.. Cut it out... Let me say this again.....

When MICROSOFT says they are not bringing ANY of these games to PS, then I'll cop one.

exactly.. And even MS doesn't know exactly what's going to be best for them.. Which is why they held out answering questions that I'm sure they asked themselves for months/years. They haven't even walked in the building and decided who's keeping their jobs yet and dudes already got their 10 year plan mapped out..

Y'all gotta slow down.. This is HUGE... But it ain't Jordan game 6 just yet