Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Kinect was nice.. I had one. Still have it at my mom's house so the kids can play. But now they bought themselves an Oculus. They'd have never done that if not for the Kinect. My son has had PSVR since it came out. That was directly related to trying to outdo the kinect.

But I don't know what either one of you are talking about saying "always on" is forward thinking. Yes my shyt is hooked up to internet 24/7 already. But the fact that they were really going to tell you, you MUST sign in every 48 hours or you can't even play the games you bought.. It wasn't just digital. If you didn't sign in, you couldn't even play disc games... Can't trade any games I bought... I can't even give away discs to my son...

Nah they fukked themselves there. They could have simply not done that, everyone would be connected anyway, and none of the focus would be on that. Nobody was asking for that and people don't like being told what to do, even while doing it.

None of these games REQUIRE you to check in every so often. They wouldn't even dream of bringing that shyt back
I didn’t even bother arguing fam because now I see nikkas is tryna rewrite history it’s getting to dikkriding levels in here I’m bout to leave the Arcadium for a little while until this shyt goes back to normal. Lol

Last edited:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Stop it. You’ve never gamed without internet since the 360/PS3 era.

They also talked about using your phone to authenticate if need be.

“Always online” complaints were never rooted in reality. Sony stans were just in hyperdrive thanks to Mattrick. nikkas were vouching for the ability to game on submarines and desolate islands. :dead:
:laff:
I remember this time vividly. One of the talking points was how soldiers deployed in rural areas without the internet wouldn't be able to play their games

:sadbron:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Exactly what I mean. You'll never convince PS loyalists to buy an Xbox even if you put out hit after hit after hit. The next Perfect Dark, Fable, Halo, Gears, etc could all be the greatest games of all time and that'll never convince a PS lifer to get an Xbox.

You start putting shyt like CoD, Elder Scrolls, 2k, Madden, etc on one console and watch how fast they buy Xbox. Hell, Street Fighter has never been exclusive to one console until last gen. They put SF on playstation only and now all of the fans fighting game genre play PlayStation. No one talks about that though.
SF went to PlayStation because Sony footed the fukking bill for development. They were going to be defunct without Sony it’s not even the same argument. And plenty of PS owners have a fukking Xbox and always have. I’m one of em.

Daps
Exactly what I mean. You'll never convince PS loyalists to buy an Xbox even if you put out hit after hit after hit. The next Perfect Dark, Fable, Halo, Gears, etc could all be the greatest games of all time and that'll never convince a PS lifer to get an Xbox.

You start putting shyt like CoD, Elder Scrolls, 2k, Madden, etc on one console and watch how fast they buy Xbox. Hell, Street Fighter has never been exclusive to one console until last gen. They put SF on playstation only and now all of the fans fighting game genre play PlayStation. No one talks about that though.

2k and Madden will always be multi plat

:yeshrug: Now Sony HAS to make their own shooter.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
I'm not saying they never listen to the public. I'm saying that the public asking MS to put out better games, is not solved by them buying companies that put out multiplat games. If they wanted to appease people, they'd have put their money behind building a better console. Making better games. Buying Sony's exclusive gaming companies and getting the games they don't already have.

Instead, they are just buying up all the companies, putting out the exact same games they'd have if they didn't buy the company (multiplat) and telling you "Now we got games."

Were you, as an Xbox owner, going to get COD on your console for the next 10 years? Yes.. Are you going to get it now? Yes... Did you get anymore games you didn't have?
Real spit.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Kinect was nice.. I had one. Still have it at my mom's house so the kids can play. But now they bought themselves an Oculus. They'd have never done that if not for the Kinect. My son has had PSVR since it came out. That was directly related to trying to outdo the kinect.

But I don't know what either one of you are talking about saying "always on" is forward thinking. Yes my shyt is hooked up to internet 24/7 already. But the fact that they were really going to tell you, you MUST sign in every 48 hours or you can't even play the games you bought.. It wasn't just digital. If you didn't sign in, you couldn't even play disc games... Can't trade any games I bought... I can't even give away discs to my son...

Nah they fukked themselves there. They could have simply not done that, everyone would be connected anyway, and none of the focus would be on that. Nobody was asking for that and people don't like being told what to do, even while doing it.

None of these games REQUIRE you to check in every so often. They wouldn't even dream of bringing that shyt back
As of now, both companies are selling a all digital console.

Discs are dead. Next gen there will be no discs. Therefore no “used games” or sharing discs with your son.

In their original plan you didn’t have to “sign in” it was simply an automatic check in the background to make sure you still owned the games. You were not “required” to do anything. Only time you would notice it is if you purposely disconnected your console from the internet for 2 days.

That check was there because they were allowing you to use discs as you could digital games,(play without the disc in the drive, family sharing, etc) and they were even gonna allow the re-sale of digital licenses.

Imagine if right now you could share all your disc games with your son without even pulling the disc back out the box. You yourself could play all your disc games on any Xbox in the world without putting your disc in.

That’s the future they were trying to bring and in a way it would have made discs viable for longer as they’d bridge the gap between the advantages of digital vs physical.

Now discs are just gonna die. Everyone is connected to the web 24/7, and we have less options on how to access/use/share our games than we would have if their plan stuck.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven

Discs are dead. Next gen there will be no discs. Therefore no “used games” or sharing discs with your son.

In their original plan you didn’t have to “sign in” it was simply an automatic check in the background to make sure you still owned the games. You were not “required” to do anything. Only time you would notice it is if you purposely disconnected your console from the internet for 2 days.

That check was there because they were allowing you to use discs as you could digital games,(play without the disc in the drive, family sharing, etc) and they were even gonna allow the re-sale of digital licenses.

Imagine if right now you could share all your disc games with your son without even pulling the disc back out the box. You yourself could play all your disc games on any Xbox in the world without putting your disc in.

That’s the future they were trying to bring and in a way it would have made discs viable for longer as they’d bridge the gap between the advantages of digital vs physical.

Now discs are just gonna die. Everyone is connected to the web 24/7, and we have less options on how to access/use/share our games than we would have if their plan stuck.
That’s what y’all said last gen and here we are

Team DD been a thing since SOHH. I’ll believe it when I see it.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

We still using discs tho...:mjgrin: for all that bullshyt you said there are places where there is no internet or limited at that even here in america we've been here before with this same conversation... our internet infrastructure CANNOT usher in the discless future YOU envision nikka!!! :what: its just NOT ready!!!

Chef

All Star
Daps
Disc format being dead is a big generalization. That’s the whole reason I avoided a Series S, I have a good collection of Xbox One games that I share and disc games get discounted a lot quicker opposed to digital.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
We still using discs tho...:mjgrin:
Not for long. PS6 and maybe even PS5 pro will not have a disc drive:manny:

for all that bullshyt you said there are places where there is no internet or limited at that even here in america we've been here before with this same conversation... our internet infrastructure CANNOT usher in the discless future YOU envision nikka!!! :what: its just NOT ready!!!
Yeah I know, the dudes on submarines :mjlol:

In reality the internet is about as ubiquitous as running water in 2022

If you don’t have the internet, playing video games is the last thing you should be caring about.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Disc format being dead is a big generalization. That’s the whole reason I avoided a Series S, I have a good collection of Xbox One games that I share and disc games get discounted a lot quicker opposed to digital.
Whether you want it to happen or not. It’s happening.

Series S will be the higher selling of the two.

Discs are dead. Some of you are just holding on trying to avoid the inevitable.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Not for long. PS6 and maybe even PS5 pro will not have a disc drive:manny:

Yeah I know, the dudes on submarines :mjlol:

In reality the internet is about as ubiquitous as running water in 2020.

If you don’t have the internet, playing video games is the last thing you should be caring about.

Ps5 pro/PS6 :mjlol: yeah ok...

like i said there are some places where you dont have internet or its limited...:manny: people still wanna play video games tho... you shouldnt have to DEPEND ON THE INTERNET TO PLAY fukkING VIDEO GAMES what part of that do you not understand by now!!!!:what: