Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
I hope Nintendo buys SEGA and both continue their traditions of great gameplay and innovation. Sony and M$ needs to take their hands off of innovative Japanese companies.

As much as I want that Sonic/Mario adventure crossover Sonic has to be on all platforms. And none of them should own Atlus either.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I hope Nintendo buys SEGA and both continue their traditions of great gameplay and innovation. Sony and M$ needs to take their hands off of innovative Japanese companies.

Those games would sell about as well as metroid or SMTV on nintendo

SleezyBigSlim

Banned
Daps
I hope xbots are also prepared to lose games, because its inevitable and microsoft won’t be able to bid on anything for the next year dealing with the anti-trust laws of this acquisition.

Sony is the scrappy underdog
Nothing can be done about this acquisition the government wont fukk with Microsoft on this they are going to make it illegal from here on out tho. Effectively pulling the ladder up so others can't do the same thing. This is how white supremacy works. They take what they want then change the rules. Gaming is dominated by the Asians not cacs so the U.S. government is in cahoots with Microsoft to change the rules so Sony can't do this dame shyt with an American publisher :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Nothing can be done about this acquisition the government wont fukk with Microsoft on this they are going to make it illegal from here on out tho. Effectively pulling the ladder up so others can't do the same thing. This is how white supremacy works. They take what they want then change the rules. Gaming is dominated by the Asians not cacs so the U.S. government is in cahoots with Microsoft to change the rules so Sony can't do this dame shyt with an American publisher :francis:

Thats not what i mean. This deal is done, I’m saying within the next year everything is up for grabs, microsoft can’t get into a bidding war with another company until this deal goes through

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Thats not what i mean. This deal is done, I’m saying within the next year everything is up for grabs, microsoft can’t get into a bidding war with another company until this deal goes through

Yes it will and Sony will be on the sidelines because they don't have the cash flow

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Also... this is a business lesson. Sony really hasn't had a killer/system selling MP exclusive game (closest would have to data back to SOCOM).

They have been overly dependent on multiplat games along with their brand loyalty and install base to fill that void. MS has always had HUGE cultural MP games since it's existence (Halo and Gears along with everything else that other developers made turned the Xbox into the competitive console of choice). This is kind of like Netflix after they really started gaining momentum. The landscape was changing... and they saw that they were too dependent on licensing IP from other studios and companies. As a result they started investing in content and building out their catalog... now when you scroll through Netflix, SOOOOOO much of it is their own shyt. The old way was not sustainable... Also since they were first to market, even with all the competition that spawned since they came out, Netflix is still the most recognizable one with the most users.

Sony has a great catalog, but they rested on continuing to do what they've been good at opposed to adapting to where the comp is going all in at. They should have had a legit competitive MP game by now that people care about in the eSports lane, or like people cared about Halo and Gears that really carried MS for a decade.

Now you look up, and Sony realizes that they MS is building up competitive advantages that is going to be hard to keep up with. MS is the plug too to much shyt in this space, from development, to software, to cloud services, you can't escape them.

Sony was wayyyyy too relaxed in the PS2 era, when they had single player IPs all over the place, and not focus the future online, while M$ was building and building online multiplayer.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Do you think people are going to buy an Xbox just for COD? If they have it on gamepass day 1 and that's the only place to get it, how many subscriptions do they move? I can guarantee people will not sign up for that shyt just for COD, and they definitely aren't buying an Xbox for COD. This is why I say it won't be exclusive. They would really be killing the franchise doing that.

I agree with @spliz . This kind of nonsense is not good for gaming, period. It's great for Activision but terrible for gaming. Microsoft could NOT compete and decided buying up mega companies was the way to go. This is NEVER good for the consumer.
Bro…yes. The answer is yes. We’re hardcore gamers on this subforum, but out in the real world, the MAJORITY of gamers are extremely casual. They play the Triangle of Mediocrity (COD, Madden, 2K) exclusively.

There are millions of casual gamers that will jump ship and get on the Box to continue to get their COD fix.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hope people aren't acting like the other big 2 need to do anything off the strength of this purchase. We been known MS are not playing when it comes to Gamepass. it's a large ass investment and they're going all in. Good for them, keep working on the overall goal.

Sony and Nintendo will keep working on theirs...

but I'll say this if any of them buy Bandai/Capcom/or Sega I'll be pissed.

It’d be wonderful if any of the big 3 bought Sega and forced them to produce quality video games like they did 15 years ago.

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
The Japanese studios need to form up like a Megazord to take on MS. I’m talking ALL them nikkas: Sony, Nintendo, Square, Sega, Capcom, Konami, Namco…

shyt ain’t funny anymore.

This is an act of war.

800px-Naval_ensign_of_the_Empire_of_Japan.svg.png

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

So, a lot of people just don’t understand how Sherman anti-trust works. Anti-trust laws are designed to only be enforced when you can prove a lack of competition is hurting the customer. That bar won’t be met here. Not even close. There are still a ton of game devs out here pumping out AAA titles year after year.

It’s the same reason that Disney hasn’t been broken up (can you “monopolize” fiction-based IPs?), nor has Amazon (they’re a commerce supergiant but they don’t price gouge people, in fact, they’ve made everything cheaper)