Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Bro…yes. The answer is yes. We’re hardcore gamers on this subforum, but out in the real world, the MAJORITY of gamers are extremely casual. They play the Triangle of Mediocrity (COD, Madden, 2K) exclusively.

There are millions of casual gamers that will jump ship and get on the Box to continue to get their COD fix.
To be continued...

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I haven't touched a Crash and Spyro game since like 98' :wow:I started my anti Sony campaign a year later.

My hatred has finally been rewarded:skip:

Well, everything comes at full circle.

Sony couldn't bribe the public to hate M$ like SEGA or Nintendo did (to a certain extent). M$ kept their foot on their neck and pressed to kill. The PS brand's first sign of weakness was the PS3 launch. M$ dropped the 360 a year earlier with robust options online and had a full ecosystem.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I know they ain’t buying a car company. I’m saying 70 billion cash is a lot for Call of Duty.
Well I can't tell who's being sarcastic here anymore. And CoD isn't its only IP. Not sure why yall keep saying that. As for the price, it's just a markup above what the company was already valued at, MS can't help that. Whether that value is inflated is an entirely different discussion. It definitely would have been more expensive a year earlier before all the controversies.

If their cash was just sitting not accruing any meaningful interest while getting merked by inflation why wouldn't they invest it? MS literally has more money than it knows what to do with.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Bro…yes. The answer is yes. We’re hardcore gamers on this subforum, but out in the real world, the MAJORITY of gamers are extremely casual. They play the Trilogy of Mediocrity (COD, Madden, 2K) exclusively.

There are millions of casual gamers that will jump ship and get on the Box to continue to get their COD fix.

I said earlier casual gamers have no loyalty to any console. They only care that they're getting the best deal for them (the way it should be)

A lot of casual folks will be jumping ship. One thing Sony was masterful at was making any game they had marketing for seem like it was only on playstation that even came down to stopping any other versions of games being shown until the games were out. Sony were ruthless on that front till this day there are people who think Destiny is only on Playstation for console.

CoD was Sonys biggest seller year on year. You can only imagine the scenes at Sony right now.

Well, everything comes at full circle.

Sony couldn't bribe the public to hate M$ like SEGA or Nintendo did (to a certain extent). M$ kept their foot on their neck and pressed to kill. The PS brand's first sign of weakness was the PS3 launch. M$ dropped the 360 a year earlier with robust options online and had a full ecosystem.

Ironically the game that convinced a lot of Sony people to jump to Xbox360 was CoD 2 they saw it running on those Samsung TVs and had to have it.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Moments like this make me appreciate Nintendo being on it's current run and pray that they keep the feeling alive

Nintendo did the long-term strategy and not compete with graphics whores that do dog-eat-dog vulture capitalism that strays attentions away from QUALITY single player IPs. :obama:

With Nintendo's legendary strong first-party games, they can weather out the storm.

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
Well I can't tell who's being sarcastic here anymore. And CoD isn't its only IP. Not sure why yall keep saying that. As for the price, it's just a markup above what the company was already valued at, MS can't help that. Whether that value is inflated is an entirely different discussion. It definitely would have been more expensive a year earlier before all the controversies.

If their cash was just sitting not accruing any meaningful interest while getting merked by inflation why wouldn't they invest it? MS literally has more money than it knows what to do with.

it's pretty crazy to think about tbh. We knew what it was but to now just see them using those pockets like this is something else.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I'm on team Sega. We took our L back in 2001. I fell bad for you Sony brehs out there. PS5 about to get served in a few years. Only way Sony even survives now is if they play nice with Microsoft.

Sony yall had a legendary run on top, but all good things gotta come to an end :francis:

Nah, Its Karma, and its gonna bite Sony hard. These reactions, are only the beginning. When the deal actually starts happening at Summer of 2023, is when things heat up and get scary. Bleak, even. This is at a time when people are now thinking about spending $300 on that little white box for Gamepass.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Nothing can be done about this acquisition the government wont fukk with Microsoft on this they are going to make it illegal from here on out tho. Effectively pulling the ladder up so others can't do the same thing. This is how white supremacy works. They take what they want then change the rules. Gaming is dominated by the Asians not cacs so the U.S. government is in cahoots with Microsoft to change the rules so Sony can't do this dame shyt with an American publisher :francis:
Close that YouTube tab and go outside nikka