Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
The home console market is all but dead in Japan.

The switch has sold something like ~24 million in Japan and is moving a shytload of software too. Its wild to me how just because its not Sony or MS people don't seem to count it. The PS2 sold like 23 million in Japan, but the Switch selling the same is glossed over somehow. I dont get it.

Like its not a super huge strong region, but its not dead. People just arent buying Sony/MS systems, they are buying Nintendo.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I agree, but to be fair, the home console market is still slowly diminishing in Japan.
I don’t think they abandoned them just because.

It's more like the Japanese market is slowly abandoning the PS. Mobile gaming is the movement over there with the Nintendo Switch etc... Microsoft is hoping that the cloud gaming picks up over there.

I'm telling y'all now, if MS starts dominating the home gaming market Sony will end up getting acquired by Amazon, Google, Apple...hell maybe even Facebook.

:hubie:

I'd say Amazon or Apple because they would want Sony's media and music catalogs.

Japanese only support Japanese. Sony will never sell the gaming sector to an American.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The switch has sold something like ~24 million in Japan and is moving a shytload of software too. Its wild to me how just because its not Sony or MS people don't seem to count it. The PS2 sold like 23 million in Japan, but the Switch selling the same is glossed over somehow. I dont get it.

Like its not a super huge strong region, but its not dead. People just arent buying Sony/MS systems, they are buying Nintendo.
You have it wrong. Most posters here have long conceded that Nintendo will forever be top dog. They fight over PS vs Xbox because they are the more “mature” kid toys to argue over. Switch buried both these consoles awhile ago sales wise. Theyre fighting over #2 and ego at this point.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

I count it. It's just a different thing though with the switch being a hybrid. The Switch would not see the same success if it was just a "hook it up to the tv only" console.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sony net worth as of January 14, 2022 is $152.26B. Sony Corporation develops and manufactures consumer and industrial electronic equipment.

:yeshrug:
Networth doesnt mean actual money they have :snoop: you cant pay someone with your networth :snoop:its an evaluation based on their liabilities, assets, stock, etc :snoop:

Unemployed GM

All Star
Daps
:dahell:Yea and they should've bought Procter & Gamble or Coca-Cola while they were at it. Some of yall just posting nonsense now. Little thing called synergy, the hell they gonna do with an automaker? MS has an unconscionable amount of bread so they might as well invest it while interest rates are low instead of it just letting it sit (Apple is in the same boat). Plus if they know Game Pass is the direction they're going in being aggressive now only saves them money - yesterday's price isn't today's price and all that.

Disney paid more for Fox by the way, just to put this into context.

I know they ain’t buying a car company. I’m saying 70 billion cash is a lot for Call of Duty.