Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
This is the reason why the PS5 isn't even Microsoft's threat right now. I think the Google Stadia scared Microsoft and made them go for the jugular now instead of later. Microsoft will fight Google by any means necessary to not let them in the industry because that's probably the only company that could beat them at their own game.

Yep MS knows the PS5 in terms of it’s a known threat. Google on the other hand also has the money on hand to thrown haymakers with MS.

Google had something with Stadia it was initially a hell of a lot better in terms of no lag for gaming but Google lacks patience they also kill off or stop support on their products if they don't take off immediately and looks like they’ve fallen back for now, they’ll try again. Like MS they were a little too early to the party by going for a purely online only console.

The console crowd were not ready yet have to prep them for it. Ironically if they released Stadia now it would have done a lot better

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
This is the reason why the PS5 isn't even Microsoft's threat right now. I think the Google Stadia scared Microsoft and made them go for the jugular now instead of later. Microsoft will fight Google by any means necessary to not let them in the industry because that's probably the only company that could beat them at their own game.
Honestly this is true. Google and Amazon really want in on the gaming space. Imagine if Google bought Activision and made all the acquired IP exclusive to stadia or worse….Amazon…Honestly if this shyt had to happen let’s be thankful it’s Microsoft.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yep MS knows the PS5 in terms of it’s a known threat. Google on the other hand also has the money on hand to thrown haymakers with MS.

Google had something with Stadia it was initially a hell of a lot better in terms of no lag for gaming but Google lacks patience they also kill off or stop support on their products if they don't take off immediately and looks like they’ve fallen back for now, they’ll try again. Like MS they were a little too early to the party by going for a purely online only console.

The console crowd were not ready yet have to prep them for it. Ironically if they released Stadia now it would have done a lot better

Or sony and stadia partner up, for Spartacus. Wouldn’t be surprised if something like that isn’t already being talked about there

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That whole post was :mjlol:

But big facts tho. Sony has no other choice but to play nice with Microsoft or else they can Thanos snap everything away from them on the PlayStation.

Off the top of my head Microsoft owns the rights to all these games.

Doom, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Destiny, Halo, Gears of War, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo, Tony Hawk, Minecraft, Killer Instinct, Crash Bandicoot

If I'm Sony, I'm getting on the phone with Sega and Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix on some
giphy-downsized-large.gif

If Sony doesn't do this soon, PlayStation is going to be in very big trouble. Cause best believe Microsoft is coming for Japan next. :birdman: :demonic:
Destiny??

I don’t think so:skip:

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Microsoft already stated Sony is not their competition. Google Stadia Amazon Lune etc. is their comp. Sony just a casualty in a billion-dollar corporation war. Sony can't compete against those juggernauts. Sony is known to use third party games as their go between before their exclusives drop but that is not the case nomore. Sony will have to change their development windows now.

Yep the price of a brick went up when MS got Bethedsa. I can only imagine what the price will be now from devs on games Sony wants to money hat. The thing is when you look at these deals I think someone leaked some figures, Sony was getting a bargain off of some of these devs for 9 month exclusivity.

The rumours before the new consoles came out was that Sony wanted to absolutely blitz MS with so many money hatted third party games that MS would struggle to keep up.

They money hatted Final Fantasy, which is a good choice. Money hatted a new Knights of the old republic (which I personally think is a waste of time but it’s good for announcement events) They grabbed up two Bethesda games. Deathloop was interesting but not the home run Sony thought it would be and the other one Ghostwire Tokyo looks mediocre.

They also wanted Starfield but Todd Howard said nope.

Last edited:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony already dominates on a global level compared to everyone else tho :manny:

That shyt won't matter no more. With shortages, embargo taxes which causing Xbox to be the leader in smaller countries. Xbox is setting themselves up to take the lead with cloud gaming etc..