Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
The list of IPs that could potentially be owned by Xbox following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard includes:

• Blur
  • Caesar
  • Call of Duty
  • Candy Crush
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Diablo
  • DJ Hero
  • Empire Earth
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ’76
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mysteries
  • The Lost Vikings
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • Singularity
  • Skylanders
  • Solider of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu (legacy games)
  • TimeShift
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zork
fastandfurious-monica.gif

Please please bring back soldier of fortune:banderas:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
That whole post was :mjlol:

But big facts tho. Sony has no other choice but to play nice with Microsoft or else they can Thanos snap everything away from them on the PlayStation.

Off the top of my head Microsoft owns the rights to all these games.

Doom, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Destiny, Halo, Gears of War, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo, Tony Hawk, Minecraft, Killer Instinct, Crash Bandicoot

If I'm Sony, I'm getting on the phone with Sega and Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix on some
giphy-downsized-large.gif

If Sony doesn't do this soon, PlayStation is going to be in very big trouble. Cause best believe Microsoft is coming for Japan next. :birdman: :demonic:

Man i pray that happens; konami, capcom, sqaure enix under sony would even the playing field all the way through...:wow:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
There’s nothing Sony can buy that can compete with COD in the same space. Even a new IP would take a long time to fill COD’s shoes. Battlefield is EA and they hanging on by a thread right now. MS bout to have the main multiplayer FPS titles on console period. If they make that shyt exclusive if u wanna play a multiplayer fps that ain’t from EA u gonna HAVE to go to MS. Even single player shyt like Doom and Wolfenstein. shyt crazy.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
Some of the guys on here look at this stuff strictly in console wars hence they cant quite believe the events of today and are trying to spin it anyway they can.

If people are being honest with themselves today is crazy from an industry perspective.

Anyone paying attention should have known what was coming when Satya Nadella said MS was "all in" on gaming. It’s going to be a huge pillar of MS business going forward they’ll be able to leverage their cloud and enterprise business, reach out to the massive mobile gaming community and push their cloud gaming services on multiple devices. With 5G becoming more ubiquitous actual cloud gaming on the move is now possible. I was very sceptical of Cloud gaming at first but playing Xbox games on the move with no lag is a revelation

These moves are also to counter more important companies than Sony and stopping them from getting a foothold in the industry. Taking these companies off the board means the likes of Amazon cant get them.

Best believe after today those companies are going to go harder in the paint to get it poppin

This is the reason why the PS5 isn't even Microsoft's threat right now. I think the Google Stadia scared Microsoft and made them go for the jugular now instead of later. Microsoft will fight Google by any means necessary to not let them in the industry because that's probably the only company that could beat them at their own game.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Microsoft already stated Sony is not their competition. Google Stadia Amazon Luna etc. is their comp. Sony just a casualty in a billion-dollar corporation war. Sony can't compete against those juggernauts. Sony is known to use third party games as their go between before their exclusives drop but that is not the case nomore. Sony will have to change their development windows now.

Last edited:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
While I am not surprised at the buy, I am a bit surprised at the Pricetag. 70B? With all of the Corporate Issues, I feel Activision should have been lesser? I know there is alot of stuff in it's portfolio, but I feel like it's sort of not worth that price; like I feel, IMO, Call of Duty is the main selling point along with Overwatch, but maybe if this was a few years ago when the property was white hot it would be worth it.

And just think the corporate issues surrounding Activision may have brought the price down a bit cuz best believe MSFT didn't wake up today and decide to make this move, this has been weeks/months in the making.

It seems like a lot but when you consider that WoW still pulls in millions of subscribers, King with Candy Crush, the eSports piece Activision owns, the CoD studios/talent, and other stuff I'm not remembering..they paid what they needed to pay.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Microsoft already stated Sony is not their competition. Google Stadia Amazon Lune etc. is their comp. Sony just a casualty in a billion-dollar corporation war. Sony can't compete against those juggernauts. Sony is known to use third party games as their go between before their exclusives drop but that is not the case nomore. Sony will have to change their development windows now.
Sony gonna have to really get on some Nintendo shyt. Keep it 100.