Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The list of IPs that could potentially be owned by Xbox following Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision Blizzard includes:

• Blur
  • Caesar
  • Call of Duty
  • Candy Crush
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Diablo
  • DJ Hero
  • Empire Earth
  • Gabriel Knight
  • Geometry Wars
  • Guitar Hero
  • Gun
  • Hearthstone
  • Heroes of the Storm
  • Hexen
  • Interstate ’76
  • King’s Quest
  • Laura Bow Mysteries
  • The Lost Vikings
  • Overwatch
  • Phantasmagoria
  • Pitfall
  • Police Quest
  • Prototype
  • Quest for Glory
  • Singularity
  • Skylanders
  • Solider of Fortune
  • Space Quest
  • Spyro the Dragon
  • StarCraft
  • Tenchu (legacy games)
  • TimeShift
  • Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater
  • True Crime
  • World of Warcraft
  • Zork
fastandfurious-monica.gif

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
all them studios and what they got to show for it? fragmented Halo (almost dead), Forza Horizon 4-II and The Gunk

Forza Horizon 5 has been played by over 15 million people. Halo Infinite was #2 overall in December NPD, after Call of Duty Vanguard. Xbox is clearly firing on all cylinders currently.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
You havent been in the threads where im arguing with cats for years on here
I dont care about who owns what, money, capitalism etc.

This only happens as a result of Sony people talking shyt and making it happen.

The result of today is a product of a decade of carelessness. Nobody that owned anything Microsoft cared until it became some weird war of Stanleys
Thats all money, business and corporation aside. People basically begged a company with unlimited resources to attack them and I've been preaching "just chill" on here. This could have been done way sooner, but Sony dug their own grave with this shyt.
If nobody brought it up I doubt this happens. Microsoft was always cool with just getting their slice of the pie and chilling. They wanted to do crossplay, Sony refused... they wanted to work deals out... Sony refused. The fans talked crazy shyt for no reason... this is what happens.

Like I said, if shyt went 100% left... who do you think would Actually buy Sony? The same way maybe when Microsoft saved Apple? Cats arent really seeing the bigger picture here and its ironic because they are using Sonys own pride against itself

They are gonna lie and act like they are playing nice and shyt but Sony does not want to fukk with microsoft at all. It puts Sony in a real bad spot where they look like pieces of shyt if they dont comply. Its not a matter of what fans like or not now... If sony says fukk them.... they lose all them games... if they comply finally, they rent games from Microsoft. Its a terrible position to be in. They could have just complied for free earlier and traded rights to games.

That's whats so devilish about microsoft saying "we are for the people, arent you? :shaq:" because now being for the people means paying microsoft. Microsoft didnt really do this out of obligation, they did it to directly corner Sony into complying or remaining stubborn and looking nuts. Microsoft is basically Gaslighting Sony

"oh you made so much money... go you" :shaq: *takes 15%*
"wow your streaming did so good with this exclusive microsoft content" :shaq: *takes 15%*

"we will unlock some features for you now" :shaq: *already made a years worth of profit from it*

"wow you're being so stubborn and wont comply... look at how crazy Sony is everyone" :shaq:

it is disgusting as fukk, but Sony stans begged for it remember :whoa: Microsoft is so grimey they tried to even partner with Nintendo on some :wtb: shyt. I been trying to tell yall to chill. Money doesnt give a fukk about feelings or hype.
Its not gonna stop me from playing Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox or PC. I dont control the tides or care. I play all them shyts regardless of what games are where. But even this fukks up Sonys plan to even begin breaking better deals... they cant afford to coast now while losing money at the same time.

This is actually a pretty thoughtful breakdown. Sony played themselves, M$ was willing to bend the knee and chill and Sony was highstepping.

I’m having a hard time wrapping my head around the Call of Duty debate. It’s had a very rough time since the launch of Vanguard. Since MW19, the series has gotten worse and selling less. Warzone helped the series but now it’s bug ridden. With the buyout not being set in stone til next year summer, which means they have two games coming and at least one game in preproduction.

Who has faith that this series will climb out of the hole they dug? Let alone someone to buy into a new ecosystem without a guarantee it’s not the same game with the same issues? CoD has what six developers? How do you keep these developers afloat when you’re going limit their ability to generate money by removing it off a platform? More MTX?

Its my same issue with WoW, the game suffers from content droughts, poor game design, it’s no where near the same population it was at its peak and has actual competition with FF14.

The problem with all that is that even with Vanguard allegedly being a failure, it was like the top selling game of the year last year in under 2 months. The money ain't going nowhere, in fact it's growing.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps

The result of today is a product of a decade of carelessness. Nobody that owned anything Microsoft cared until it became some weird war of Stanleys
Thats all money, business and corporation aside. People basically begged a company with unlimited resources to attack them and I've been preaching "just chill" on here. This could have been done way sooner, but Sony dug their own grave with this shyt.
If nobody brought it up I doubt this happens. Microsoft was always cool with just getting their slice of the pie and chilling. They wanted to do crossplay, Sony refused... they wanted to work deals out... Sony refused. The fans talked crazy shyt for no reason... this is what happens.

Like I said, if shyt went 100% left... who do you think would Actually buy Sony? The same way maybe when Microsoft saved Apple? Cats arent really seeing the bigger picture here and its ironic because they are using Sonys own pride against itself

They are gonna lie and act like they are playing nice and shyt but Sony does not want to fukk with microsoft at all. It puts Sony in a real bad spot where they look like pieces of shyt if they dont comply. Its not a matter of what fans like or not now... If sony says fukk them.... they lose all them games... if they comply finally, they rent games from Microsoft. Its a terrible position to be in. They could have just complied for free earlier and traded rights to games.

That's whats so devilish about microsoft saying "we are for the people, arent you? :shaq:" because now being for the people means paying microsoft. Microsoft didnt really do this out of obligation, they did it to directly corner Sony into complying or remaining stubborn and looking nuts. Microsoft is basically Gaslighting Sony

"wow your streaming did so good with this exclusive microsoft content" :shaq: *takes 15%*

"we will unlock some features for you now" :shaq: *already made a years worth of profit from it*

"wow you're being so stubborn and wont comply... look at how crazy Sony is everyone" :shaq:

it is disgusting as fukk, but Sony stans begged for it remember :whoa: Microsoft is so grimey they tried to even partner with Nintendo on some :wtb: shyt. I been trying to tell yall to chill. Money doesnt give a fukk about feelings or hype.
Its not gonna stop me from playing Playstation, Nintendo, Xbox or PC. I dont control the tides or care. I play all them shyts regardless of what games are where. But even this fukks up Sonys plan to even begin breaking better deals... they cant afford to coast now while losing money at the same time.
exactly :wow:damn well said

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Forza Horizon 5 has been played by over 15 million people. Halo Infinite was #2 overall in December NPD, after Call of Duty Vanguard. Xbox is clearly firing on all cylinders currently.
you're even using corporate bs as a bragging point. FH5 has been played by 15mil because it's on gamepass. how many ppl play that game regularly and have spent extra money in doing so.

You talking about NPD in december like it wasnt an anticipated title for years. What does that playerbase look like right now breh? why cant you folks answer these questions???

Chef

All Star
Daps
This is actually a pretty thoughtful breakdown. Sony played themselves, M$ was willing to bend the knee and chill and Sony was highstepping.

The problem with all that is that even with Vanguard allegedly being a failure, it was like the top selling game of the year last year in under 2 months. The money ain't going nowhere, in fact it's growing.

I don’t like BRs but I don’t stop people from enjoying what they like. It just took a lot people from multiplayer which I loved. The gun fight mode was dope and they had pretty good maps. I want Warzone to continue to exist and grow but it’s a double edge sword at times.

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps

That whole post was :mjlol:

But big facts tho. Sony has no other choice but to play nice with Microsoft or else they can Thanos snap everything away from them on the PlayStation.

Off the top of my head Microsoft owns the rights to all these games.

Doom, Skyrim, Call of Duty, Destiny, Halo, Gears of War, WoW, Overwatch, Diablo, Tony Hawk, Minecraft, Killer Instinct, Crash Bandicoot

If I'm Sony, I'm getting on the phone with Sega and Capcom, Konami, and Square Enix on some
giphy-downsized-large.gif

If Sony doesn't do this soon, PlayStation is going to be in very big trouble. Cause best believe Microsoft is coming for Japan next. :birdman: :demonic: