Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I’m not a pc head

but why specially does it matter going through steam , don’t the games all play the same and depend on the hardware and cpu ? Why do games need to be on steam what benefit do you get
the short answer is it's more convenient having everything on one platform

I have it so Steam starts up automatically when I boot my PC. this way the client, and all the games stay up to date, and are ready to go when I want to play. but I wouldn't want to have UPlay, Origin, Battlenet, Epic, etc, all start up with my PC, because they would all be sharing my bandwidth, memory, CPU, etc. I don't want to be playing a multiplayer game on one platform, and have other platforms downloading updates. the drawback of this is when I do go to use one of those other platforms, I forget my password, it wants to update the client, restart the client, update the game I want play, plus update whatever other games I have installed

from a console perspective it's almost like if each of these platforms was it's own console. I'm sure people here have multiple consoles, but imagine having like 7 and trying to keep them up to date

plus Steam has the best features and support. every game has forums, screenshots, guides, achievements (if the game supports it), and Workshop/mods (if the game supports it). you've also got a Friends List, voice/text chat, options to join friends, good download speeds, pre-load options, etc

it took the Epic Game Store 3 years to implement a shopping cart :dead:

none of this shyt is the end of the world, but like I said, it's mostly a convenience thing

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
If Microsoft made this move strictly from a gaming standpoint than sure.

This is much, MUCH bigger than gaming. Trust me the gaming exclusivity part is just collateral damage.

How is it much bigger than gaming? Only diehard COD fanboys will leave for Xbox.

They made it from a profit standpoint, that's all it is. Buy up the Publishers that make the most money from the casual crowd, Profit.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Quality wise, what has Activision, EA, and Bethesda created? These nikkas just released Skyrim updated for the 4th time on current gen:mjlol: Ubisoft, as much as I hate them, have way more potential than all of what you list.

Microsoft will cash out on retarded gamers, but I guess that's what counts when it comes to making money. As long as Sony keeps up with new fresh IPs, they'll have a fanbase.

You sound dumb as fukk

Bethesda just released one of the most award winning games this year with deathloop, warzone is huge and Sony TV ad spending increased purely off them spending a mil plus to advertise CoD

Fresh IPs like God of war sequel, TLoU remake, TLoU2 remastered, horizon sequel, and gran Turismo 7. Rotate Ghosts and insomniac working on marvel and you have sonys output.

Unless you really care about Japanese IP, even though they're focused on switch, and sony IP, idk what you're tryna convince yourself with.

They own several of the best selling franchises of all time now.

Its becoming more than obvious that sony is banking on marvel exclusives and closeness to SE/Atlus to help along with their first party.

Sony couldn't even land a good GTA for PSNow and settled for III while GP had San Andreas. Then they're banking on charging people for roms with Spartacus when you can literally rip PS2/2/PSP roms and play them in better quality on your Xbox for free

Veteran
Daps
another L which I've been saying for years for people to fall back on is

when people say strictly console sales and placement... on top of games and exclusives... you are fukking yourself by feeding the fire... This is a direct result of the fans talking shyt and saying microsoft doesnt have shyt.
what isnt being spoken about is the fact that no matter what this will cut into sony's profit and fukk them. And its all the fans fault for fighting and talking shyt to a company that could just buy you. Ive been trying to tell yall for years just let the shyt be.
now Microsoft gets paid from Sony and takes a large chunk of the dough they need. It boxes everything in and forces them to do business reluctantly, which they've tried to avoid. Now they gotta pay into the shyt they avoided doing for free. Not only are you losing titles, you are losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year to pay your competition to use their assets. Money they could have recirculated or bought something with. All while Microsoft recoups off your reluctance and pride. There's wild levels to this... if Sony says fukk them then the fans will flip out.... so they basically extorted Sony really, into either paying them or publicly handing their fans L's

But Microsoft didn't have shyt and that was them to blame. With the Xbox 360 they had a ton of heavy hitters:mindblown:

And Capitalism doesn't require talking shyt breh. :mjlol: This is all about the money:francis:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
Just saw the statement from Phil about exclusivity. All yall in here who said it would be need to apologize. I don't wanna hear any juelzing either about shyt changing. He said what he said :beli:

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
Just saw the statement from Phil about exclusivity. All yall in here who said it would be need to apologize. I don't wanna hear any juelzing either about shyt changing. He said what he said :beli:

What are you referring to? People are heavily assuming GAAS will still be multiplatform so something like warzone and maybe zombies if they spin off , and shyt like Destiny will be on PlayStation but campaigns/MP will be exclusive

Veteran
Daps
You sound dumb as fukk

Bethesda just released one of the most award winning games this year with deathloop, warzone is huge and Sony TV and spending increased purely off them spending a mil plus to advertise CoD

Fresh IPs like God of war sequel, TLoU remake, TLoU2 remastered, horizon sequel, and gran Turismo 7. Rotate Ghosts and insomniac working on marvel and you have sonys output.

Unless you really care about Japanese IP, even though they're focused on switch, and sony IP, idk what you're tryna convince yourself with.

They own several of the best selling franchises of all time now.

You not understanding what I'm getting at. Only diehard fans care about losing those games.

COD and Warzone is only good for Microsoft, e.a. profits. The only people losing is Sony with profits and diehard fans. I'm not sure who you using for Deathloop as far as good reviews, but it's a copy and pasted Dishonored im my eyes. And it DEFINTELY ain't convincing Sony fans to buy a Xbox:mjlol:

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
If Microsoft is able to come out with a true next gen world of warcraft sequel they can win the war.

Owning blizzard ips is bigger than any COD game imo
Cross platform diablo, a revived StarCraft etc are huge.

That said, the people who made those classics are long gone at this point

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
You not understanding what I'm getting at. Only diehard fans care about losing those games.

COD and Warzone is only good for Microsoft, e.a. profits. The only people losing is Sony with profits and diehard fans. I'm not sure who you using for Deathloop as far as good reviews, but it's a copy and pasted Dishonored im my eyes. And it DEFINTELY ain't convincing Sony fans to buy a Xbox:mjlol:

Idk, the game awards, dice awards, the overall GOTY ratings

And btw

FJY8eNvUYAM7gjv

Halo multiplayer was F2P and the campaign was available through gamepass.

Only game that outsold it last month was CoD

Microsoft now owns both :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

But but but only diehard fans as CoD continuously tops the charts when it's released and one of the best selling/downloaded games across both consoles

Last edited: