Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
the best part through the arguing is price point
after cats dug their own hole and then defended overpaying ... juelzing about gamepass and then celebrating a revamped sony version
now they panic and bring up exclusivity ... when they dont even know they are the ones paying for me to play for free now :banderas: everytime you play they recoup their money for the sale, and I get free shyt added to gamepass. nikkas love paying so much they pick up my bill at this point :heh:

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Yeah, i mean its more about securing content and talent than anything right now. If they stand by they give microsoft more leverage, i don’t think sony having SIE be the most important department of their company would realistically let that happen
giphy.gif

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I agree, but Microsoft is also a big tech company, so if they really wanted to, they can also jump in VR as well. They probably playing the long game with all the studios they bought, I know it takes time making games as big as they are now, so I'm a wait and see what Microsoft bringing to the table this holiday and next year. :jbhmm:

They could jump into tech, but that don't mean shyt. They'd be behind like they have in console sales. Sony been outselling them the past what, 12 years? Microsoft is a case of thinking money solves everything. They can't beat Sony, so they buy shyt up.

This acquisition doesn't benefit anybody but their pockets. There will be no new innovative IPs like what Sony does.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Sony have 19b allocated to acquisitions

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/26/sony-strategic-investments-gaming-entertainment-subscriptions.html

None of the companies i mentioned are even worth over 7b
Don’t understand words Sony stan brehs :mjlol:

This is for investments across their entertainment division period. That’s movies, games, music, mobile, and everything else. Actual video game studio acquisitions are a very small portion of that total.

Sony literally can’t make Microsoft moves, which is why they spend their money on timed exclusives. It’s what they can afford:manny:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a prime example of what I was getting at in my post. They dropped their biggest game of that year without a multiplayer. That's just unbelievable in this day and age, especially when you consider that the first TLOU game had MP and a solid following of players.

Sony legit saw how many users they had on their consoles, they knew COD, BF, Fortnite, APEX would always be there so they literally stopped giving a fukk about that space. Crazy.
And it didn’t effect anything by not dropping the mp what are talking about :dahell:

Veteran
Daps
the best part through the arguing is price point
after cats dug their own hole and then defended overpaying ... juelzing about gamepass and then celebrating a revamped sony version
now they panic and bring up exclusivity ... when they dont even know they are the ones paying for me to play for free now :banderas: everytime you play they recoup their money for the sale, and I get free shyt added to gamepass. nikkas love paying so much they pick up my bill at this point :heh:

Breh what is their to be panic about with COD being exclusive? Are you serious? :dwillhuh:Your died hard fanboys care, but the rest of us don't

Had Microsoft acquired GTA then you would have talking point. Activision hasn't released a good game in years, nothing but microtransactions out the ass.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Might be doing y’all a favor with these glitchy ass crappy ass servers. I just want the old ones to be on game pass.
Unless I see a really good sale for the old games I wanna play, I'm a just wait till they all on gamepass. The money I'll save being able to play without buying each game will be worth the wait. :whoo:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Breh what is their to be panic about with COD being exclusive? Are you serious? :dwillhuh:Your died hard fanboys care, but the rest of us don't

Had Microsoft acquired GTA then you would have talking point. Activision hasn't released a good game in years, nothing but microtransactions out the ass.
And again thats the point this isn't about yall

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny

I think you misinterpreted what I wrote

nothing to do with exclusivity... people are saying "well it will still be cross platform"
yeah thats cool... but where you pay money I dont... you pay money so I can play for free now

:yeshrug: I'm not a stan I own both its just facts. Its an L whichever way you spin it... either Sony loses the shyt completely or they pay for Microsoft owners to have it for free on gamepass and recoup for microsoft :wow:

Veteran
Daps
And again thats the point this isn't about yall

I know what the point is, it's about Profits for Microsoft. Nobody wins in the situation at all. You'll get the same rehashed games every year. If that's what make people happy then good for Microsoft.

Sony isn't going anywhere as long as they create quality content. Sony lost the COD crowd it'll hurt they pockets, but it's not a big deal for people who want fresh new IPs.

And if Sony make a FPS, it's gucci.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
And it didn’t effect anything by not dropping the mp what are talking about :dahell:
TLOU2 is a great game, my point is moreso how Sony has treated MP IP as an afterthought in an age where MP and online gaming is where the long money is at.

People were shytting on the idea when I would mention it, but that game should have came out with a competitive mode and a battle royale mode. Missed opportunity is all I'm saying.

Veteran
Daps
TLOU2 is a great game, my point is moreso how Sony has treated MP IP as an afterthought in an age where MP and online gaming is where the long money is at.

People were shytting on the idea when I would mention it, but that game should have came out with a competitive mode and a battle royale mode. Missed opportunity is all I'm saying.

I've thought about this since the PS4. Sony had one damn exclusive multiplayer and that was Killzone Shadow Fall which didn't last that long I don't think.:dahell:

They got comfortable, but hopefully this is a wake call. Then again, I could be wrong:mjlol:

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
Quality wise, what has Activision, EA, and Bethesda created? These nikkas just released Skyrim updated for the 4th time on current gen:mjlol: Ubisoft, as much as I hate them, have way more potential than all of what you list.

Microsoft will cash out on retarded gamers, but I guess that's what counts when it comes to making money. As long as Sony keeps up with new fresh IPs, they'll have a fanbase.

If Microsoft made this move strictly from a gaming standpoint than sure.

This is much, MUCH bigger than gaming. Trust me the gaming exclusivity part is just collateral damage.

Greenhornet

A God Among Kings
Daps
Reppin
Rochester Ny
another L which I've been saying for years for people to fall back on is

when people say strictly console sales and placement... on top of games and exclusives... you are fukking yourself by feeding the fire... This is a direct result of the fans talking shyt and saying microsoft doesnt have shyt.
what isnt being spoken about is the fact that no matter what this will cut into sony's profit and fukk them. And its all the fans fault for fighting and talking shyt to a company that could just buy you. Ive been trying to tell yall for years just let the shyt be.
now Microsoft gets paid from Sony and takes a large chunk of the dough they need. It boxes everything in and forces them to do business reluctantly, which they've tried to avoid. Now they gotta pay into the shyt they avoided doing for free. Not only are you losing titles, you are losing hundreds of millions of dollars a year to pay your competition to use their assets. Money they could have recirculated or bought something with. All while Microsoft recoups off your reluctance and pride. There's wild levels to this... if Sony says fukk them then the fans will flip out.... so they basically extorted Sony really, into either paying them or publicly handing their fans L's