Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
lol finally end that broke boy console war bullshyt
I can afford every console and already have a PC that can play everything /w better performance.

I'm never going to support the subscription service/digital model though. MS/GP continuing to gain traction is a negative for me.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
I think someone of us are looking at this too narrow in terms of how Sony responds.

Sony isn't just a console maker so maybe it's not a game company per se they are looking at, but maybe another one of these media companies (like a Viacom for example) and then look to convert that content into their gaming portfolio.

Or maybe there's a company out there who would gobble up Sony (not Microsoft obviously)

From a gaming company perspective I don't see any wins for Sony in an acquisition war that matters the way taking Bethesda and now Activision off the table was.

Ubisoft?

EA?

Square?

Capcom?

WB Games?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Some of these guys don't realise how fickle a lot of gamers are.

As I said in another post CoD remains the best selling game on playstation platforms year over year. Outside of the hardcore fanboys the average CoD, FIFA, Madden gamer will pay notice if they no longer have to pay $70+ a year to play a new CoD and can just subscribe and access it

In the coming years, we'll see. A lot of Gamers are notoriously retarded and will keep buying the same game year after year, so I understand your argument. The day Sony goes down and we stop getting new innovative IPs, none of which Microsoft produces, the day I go retro or stop gaming all together. :manny:

I don't play COD because it's the same shyt. I don't play sports games because they're scams. Same goes for RPGs like WOW.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
It ain't even about Xbox making you leave playstation for xbox, its about making you get up off your ass and buying that 300 dollar white box that they got plenty of available

Yup. Microsoft was smart used a non next gen gpu but a next gen CPU to get it on shelves... Phil been a step ahead man dude promotion was needed.

Veteran
Daps
I think someone of us are looking at this too narrow in terms of how Sony responds.

Sony isn't just a console maker so maybe it's not a game company per se they are looking at, but maybe another one of these media companies (like a Viacom for example) and then look to convert that content into their gaming portfolio.

Or maybe there's a company out there who would gobble up Sony (not Microsoft obviously)

From a gaming company perspective I don't see any wins for Sony in an acquisition war that matters the way taking Bethesda and now Activision off the table was.

Ubisoft?

EA?

Square?

Capcom?

WB Games?

Quality wise, what has Activision, EA, and Bethesda created? These nikkas just released Skyrim updated for the 4th time on current gen:mjlol: Ubisoft, as much as I hate them, have way more potential than all of what you list.

Microsoft will cash out on retarded gamers, but I guess that's what counts when it comes to making money. As long as Sony keeps up with new fresh IPs, they'll have a fanbase.

Veteran
Daps
It ain't even about Xbox making you leave playstation for xbox, its about making you get up off your ass and buying that 300 dollar white box that they got plenty of available

Yeah for COD heads. This is really a win for Microsoft in regards to profit. Get the casual crowd, then Release the same shyt year after year because they'll eat it up.

Smart move. Almost like Nintendo in a way.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Not to mention Sony is in the VR game and coming out with the PSV2. Sony is innovative with new IPs and new Tech, whereas Microsoft just buying shyt up. And the companies that bought up are trash
I agree, but Microsoft is also a big tech company, so if they really wanted to, they can also jump in VR as well. They probably playing the long game with all the studios they bought, I know it takes time making games as big as they are now, so I'm a wait and see what Microsoft bringing to the table this holiday and next year. :jbhmm:

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Sony have 19b allocated to acquisitions

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/26/sony-strategic-investments-gaming-entertainment-subscriptions.html

None of the companies i mentioned are even worth over 7b
You do know that these companies are not children.

Matter fact, Glizzy Duck, let's have a dialogue. I'll be Square Enix and you are Sony.
----------
Hey Giz. Congrats on the promotion. Let's talk business. You want to acquire us and we've done great work but we like our freedom. However, if the offer is right...

Now, your war chest is about 19b, huh?

You're offering how much to acquire us?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I agree, but Microsoft is also a big tech company, so if they really wanted to, they can also jump in VR as well. They probably playing the long game with all the studios they bought, I know it takes time making games as big as they are now, so I'm a wait and see what Microsoft bringing to the table this holiday and next year. :jbhmm:
Breh really brought up VR like MS hasn't already came out right after the Facebook/META announcement stating that they're developing their metaverse as well.

Microsoft has been working on VR and AR in the PC and work office space for longer than Sony
:dead: