Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'd argue that Gamepass on Sony/PS consoles essentially gets them more user data, more subscriptions ($$$) and firmly puts their service on their main competitors platform. Like I said, either way, MS getting paid.
They can get all that and more by expanding in other areas and eventually taking over everything. They're looking to kill a rival ecosystem here not help sustain it. They don't want to give that 30% cut to Sony.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
Nobody is selling their PS5 or skipping out on a PS5 just to play COD. And what if Sony makes a good FPS??

If you ask me, Sony already has a large dedicated fanbase just for the exclusives. Little will change, if any, as far as sales with PlayStation. Maybe a few diehards go to Xbox, but that's really it.
People will absolutely leave PlayStation for Xbox just for cod, especially with it being on Game pass...:stopitslime:

Stop being goofy in here mayne

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
While I am not surprised at the buy, I am a bit surprised at the Pricetag. 70B? With all of the Corporate Issues, I feel Activision should have been lesser? I know there is alot of stuff in it's portfolio, but I feel like it's sort of not worth that price; like I feel, IMO, Call of Duty is the main selling point along with Overwatch, but maybe if this was a few years ago when the property was white hot it would be worth it.

CoD is still the best selling game of the year Playstation 4 years in a row. Far beyond any Sony exclusive. The IP still matters to a huge segment of the gaming audience. It being owned by MS by 2023 will have massive changes in regards to it. The marketing definitely helped Sony that is over now.

But we need to look at the implications beyond console war nonsense.

For instance MS will now own King games go look at how many players a month play their games on Mobile

In the third quarter of 2021, 245 million people accessed the mobile gaming company King's apps per month. Popular titles include Candy Crush Saga, Farmville Saga as well as Bubble Witch Saga, all of which are monetized through in-game purchases. King's gaming apps are available on Facebook as well as on mobile platforms. In 2014, King reached record the highest revenue in its history, having generated 2.26 billion U.S. dollars that year. Two years later, in February 2016, the company was acquired by Activision Blizzard, as part of a deal worth 5.9 billion U.S. dollars.

Him

1-1800-IMHIM
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Golden △
Nobody is selling their PS5 or skipping out on a PS5 just to play COD. And what if Sony makes a good FPS??

If you ask me, Sony already has a large dedicated fanbase just for the exclusives. Little will change, if any, as far as sales with PlayStation. Maybe a few diehards go to Xbox, but that's really it.
You underestimate COD fanboys. Remember back when Sony started getting exclusive deals and all the big YouTubers switched to PS4? Whatever is trending will cause the majority to follow. This will absolutely be a problem for Sony in the grand scheme of things. Xbox would be dumb as fukk to not make a next gen COD exclusive to Xbox for 1 year over the PS6.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
People will absolutely leave PlayStation for Xbox just for cod, especially with it being on Game pass...:stopitslime:

Yeah them the Hardcore fanboys. Sony has millions of dedicated fans that ain't going anywhere.:mjlol:

Veteran
Daps
CoD is still the best selling game of the year Playstation 4 years in a row. Far beyond any Sony exclusive. The IP still matters to a huge segment of the gaming audience. It being owned by MS by 2023 will have massive changes in regards to it. The marketing definitely helped Sony that is over now.

But we need to look at the implications beyond console war nonsense.

For instance MS will now own King games go look at how many players a month play their games on Mobile

Nobody gives a damn about mobile games except casuals, it's not even an argument in regards to that. We ain't missing out on nothing. It's just less profit in Sony's pockets.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I knew dudes would be in shambles but got damn
full

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps

Some of these guys don't realise how fickle a lot of gamers are.

As I said in another post CoD remains the best selling game on playstation platforms year over year. Outside of the hardcore fanboys the average CoD, FIFA, Madden gamer will pay notice if they no longer have to pay $70+ a year to play a new CoD and can just subscribe and access it

Veteran
Daps
You underestimate COD fanboys. Remember back when Sony started getting exclusive deals and all the big YouTubers switched to PS4? Whatever is trending will cause the majority to follow. This will absolutely be a problem for Sony in the grand scheme of things. Xbox would be dumb as fukk to not make a next gen COD exclusive to Xbox for 1 year over the PS6.

But Sony already has a large dedicated fanbase without COD, that's what I'm getting at. It's less profit for Sony, but that's about it.