Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Brer Dog

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
While I am not surprised at the buy, I am a bit surprised at the Pricetag. 70B? With all of the Corporate Issues, I feel Activision should have been lesser? I know there is alot of stuff in it's portfolio, but I feel like it's sort of not worth that price; like I feel, IMO, Call of Duty is the main selling point along with Overwatch, but maybe if this was a few years ago when the property was white hot it would be worth it.
Don't forget Diablo, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Starcraft, and King mobile games.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
I'd argue that Gamepass on Sony/PS consoles essentially gets them more user data, more subscriptions ($$$) and firmly puts their service on their main competitors platform. Like I said, either way, MS getting paid.

Why would Sony allow Microsoft to put gamepass on their Console when Sony could do their own gamepass?:skip:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bungie is not under activision they bought out their contract and the destiny IP years ago

If sony were smart they would look at them

Bungie deaded their relationship with Activision and has been self publishing for a couple years, breh.

Bungie will never be owned by anyone again, they learned their lesson with 360 era MS and Acti they’ll stay independent.

MS would have more of chance to get them back than Sony tbh

:flabbynsick:
After what they dropped Destiny 2 on consoles doing 30fps I was done with them, I remember that now tho, just really stopped paying attention to all things Bungie/Destiny for years.

Destiny 1 was my shyt tho
:mjcry:

Word to @ikbm

Veteran
Daps
Don't forget Diablo, Warcraft, Hearthstone, Starcraft, and King mobile games.

All games for profit, none of which are quality.

Sony is only losing out on profit, that's it. I don't know why folks shouting doom and gloom.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What is Sony sitting out from exactly in the long run?:patrice:
Does Sony really need to be aggressive? I don't see the need for Sony to really buy anything, I never heard no complaints about Sony releasing exclusives, Sony been doing just fine. Does Sony really need to "even the odds" now?:jbhmm:

Yeah, i mean its more about securing content and talent than anything right now. If they stand by they give microsoft more leverage, i don’t think sony having SIE be the most important department of their company would realistically let that happen

Veteran
Daps
Licensing would work the same way it always has. They would be a 3rd party licensee.

MS isn't going to put gamepass on there. That would go against their entire reason for these purchases. It's about choking the competition.

How do you choke the competition when the competition got their own system sellers?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why would Sony allow Microsoft to put gamepass on their Console when Sony could do their own gamepass?:skip:
I'm speculating.

But if MS in the future makes COD a GP exclusive, then Sony would do rather than losing users all together. At the end of the day, you want users on your platforms. MS is just going about it differently.

You not playing COD on Sony's own Gamepass.

Veteran
Daps
Yeah, i mean its more about securing content and talent than anything right now. If they stand by they give microsoft more leverage, i don’t think sony having SIE be the most important department of their company would realistically let that happen

What talent? All Activision games are washed yearly releases with microtransactions and expensive DLC.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Them buying Square Enix would be pointless as their games already sell best on Playstation plus Sony has money hatted a ton of games from them

Naw you’re missing the point. Sony money hatted bethesda games too and microsoft still bought them out. What makes the acquisition between sony and square enix make sense is that they would be cheaper already having so much money invested in them

Veteran
Daps
I'm speculating.

But if MS in the future makes COD a GP exclusive, then Sony would do rather than losing users all together. At the end of the day, you want users on your platforms. MS is just going about it differently.

You not playing COD on Sony's own Gamepass.

Nobody is selling their PS5 or skipping out on a PS5 just to play COD. And what if Sony makes a good FPS??

If you ask me, Sony already has a large dedicated fanbase just for the exclusives. Little will change, if any, as far as sales with PlayStation. Maybe a few diehards go to Xbox, but that's really it.