Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
What is Sony sitting out from exactly in the long run?:patrice:
Does Sony really need to be aggressive? I don't see the need for Sony to really buy anything, I never heard no complaints about Sony releasing exclusives, Sony been doing just fine. Does Sony really need to "even the odds" now?:jbhmm:

Not to mention Sony is in the VR game and coming out with the PSV2. Sony is innovative with new IPs and new Tech, whereas Microsoft just buying shyt up. And the companies that bought up are trash

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
While I am not surprised at the buy, I am a bit surprised at the Pricetag. 70B? With all of the Corporate Issues, I feel Activision should have been lesser? I know there is alot of stuff in it's portfolio, but I feel like it's sort of not worth that price; like I feel, IMO, Call of Duty is the main selling point along with Overwatch, but maybe if this was a few years ago when the property was white hot it would be worth it.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
We still got The Last of Us 2 Factions coming and that's damn near built from the ground up. The original factions from 2013 is still very popular today. That's a start. We need a Socom, Resistance, Killzone, or better yet a new FPS IP.
Sony needs.... Microsoft already has...

That Japanese style of business bout to have PlayStation in the bushes....

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I'm thinking now... how does licensing work with COD and other manufacturers moving forward?

This seems like a huge strategic move to corner Sony into either having to pay MS just to be able to put COD on their consoles or opening up discussions for Sony to put Gamepass on their platforms.

Either way, after this move, MS has all the leverage.
Licensing would work the same way it always has. They would be a 3rd party licensee.

MS isn't going to put gamepass on there. That would go against their entire reason for these purchases. It's about choking the competition.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
We still got The Last of Us 2 Factions coming and that's damn near built from the ground up. The original factions from 2013 is still very popular today. That's a start. We need a Socom, Resistance, Killzone, or better yet a new FPS IP.
This is a prime example of what I was getting at in my post. They dropped their biggest game of that year without a multiplayer. That's just unbelievable in this day and age, especially when you consider that the first TLOU game had MP and a solid following of players.

Sony legit saw how many users they had on their consoles, they knew COD, BF, Fortnite, APEX would always be there so they literally stopped giving a fukk about that space. Crazy.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

He really is a great guy :blessed:

This is the same thing he said about Bethesda. Later on he will clarify that he meant they dont intend to pull communities of existing games and games already planned away from sony platforms, but going forward it will be a different story for future titles.

Honestly this isnt good for the industry, but the weird ass posters on this site are too obsessed with stan wars to talk about why.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Out of the big boys nobody.

Even EA would be out of their grasp. And EA is a hard one as a lot of their value comes from other big IP licenses it has Star Wars, Madden, FIFA, NHL etc, if anyone brought them it could be argued those game licenses could be open for bidding by the NFL and FIFA which immediately would halve any value you get from them

Them buying Square Enix would be pointless as their games already sell best on Playstation plus Sony has money hatted a ton of games from them. Capcom is a maybe, but I think their happy staying multiplat. WB games faces the same probs, a lot of it’s value is from the IP it has access to if you just get the devs but not the IP, Harry Potters, DC, Mortal Kombat etc it would be not a good deal. I think thats why MS cooled on going after them.

Take Two would be interesting but if they ever came up and wanted to sell. You best believe every other company with massive amounts of cash on hand would outbid Sony.

Sony are in kinda a difficult spot the landscape is changing massively and quickly, I’m surprised they thought they could just make it business as usual thinking moneyhatting games would work again like the old days. You can tell they’ve been surprised at the moves MS have been able to pull off. Even I never thought they’d be ballsy enough for a move like this.

MS is out here buying up whole publishers and taking them off the table, leaving Sony in the dark as to whether any of those games would continue to come to playstation. Then you have Tencent, Amazon and now Netflix looking at companies, which is also why MS are making the moves they are. I’d even say even though they got burned with Stadia, Google will try again.

Next few years are going to be crazy.

Quality wise Sony doesn't need anything from Activision or Bethesda:pachaha: They missing out on extra profit, but that's about it. Sony studios sell the system by itself.

Sony ain't in the dark, nowhere near, this all delusional talk. Crazy exclusives and PSVR2 will keep them in the light for a very long time. Microsoft would have to literally buy every company they can get their hands on.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
So this means no more COD games on Playstation consoles?

:ohhh:
So what the fukk it mean for the right now? This some bullshyt. I mean I don’t even play warfare on my 4 anymore but that don’t mean I don’t wanna play it later lol wtf man I already have a hard time finding PS games worth playing.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Sony ain’t got the money like that to just be buying studios for several billion dollars. Microsoft however…

:lupe:
They have $20 Billion on hand just for M&A. I don't think they're going to start buying publishers though.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Licensing would work the same way it always has. They would be a 3rd party licensee.

MS isn't going to put gamepass on there. That would go against their entire reason for these purchases. It's about choking the competition.
I'd argue that Gamepass on Sony/PS consoles essentially gets them more user data, more subscriptions ($$$) and firmly puts their service on their main competitors platform. Like I said, either way, MS getting paid.