Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Major and unexpected news.

Like many, I didn’t even know that a company as large as Activision was even on the table.

Microsoft spending ~70 billion to boost the catalog of Game Pass and Xbox Cloud Gaming. I would assume that their end goal is to have everything on GP be first party.

I suspect that the Games as a service titles, like Warzone, will still remain on PS. But i think that new mainline Call of Duty games (and any other game that isnt a money grabbing disgrace) will be Game Pass exclusives. (Maybe Sony will embrace GP on their platform now)

I also suspect that MS will pull their games from Steam in the coming years.

Those are just baseless speculation and guesses. I truly don’t know what the gaming landscape will look like in 3-5 years+.

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Playstation HQ this morning. Sony CEO is probably asking Jim Ryan what his plan is. They have to be creative and near perfect. While Playstation has dominated Xbox, Playstation + the rest of Sony can’t go head-to-head with Microsoft.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Exactly...casual gamers....also add the fact that most casuals dont have a next-gen system....They will be looking to get a Xbox now

And...this comes a few days after Sony reporting they are struggling to make PS5's
They've been struggling to meet demand for a lot of their products. Their cameras are hard to get right now also, always on backorder
:snoop:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
People think sony just gonna get punched in the chest, take their ball and go home :mjlol:

Violence begets violence :demonic: