wwe-vince-mc-mahon.gif

:mjlol:
:russ:

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
People need to finally start thinking beyond console install base with Microsoft. This is about the streaming wars with them and Gamepass is the platform. We got numbers for Gamepass subs today. That's it. This is about exclusivity of catalog and content. Netflix does not win putting stranger things on peacock or amazon prime video. They have a hell of a bargaining chip with their exclusive stuff. That's the goal. All of the back catalog is going to go through the backwards compatibility stuff and we should see every COD going back to the 360 on Gamepass in addition to the other stuff they've made.
Do you think people are going to buy an Xbox just for COD? If they have it on gamepass day 1 and that's the only place to get it, how many subscriptions do they move? I can guarantee people will not sign up for that shyt just for COD, and they definitely aren't buying an Xbox for COD. This is why I say it won't be exclusive. They would really be killing the franchise doing that.

I agree with @spliz . This kind of nonsense is not good for gaming, period. It's great for Activision but terrible for gaming. Microsoft could NOT compete and decided buying up mega companies was the way to go. This is NEVER good for the consumer.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I disagree. Microsoft bought Activision not Xbox. COD makes too much money on PlayStation for Microsoft to pass up.

This will likely be more like Mojang than Zenimax.
Mojang has one game. An ongoing game that has a huge community.

Microsoft Isn’t just gonna start pulling existing games off other platforms, I’m sure they will keep the servers rolling and honor and existing deals, but going forward, they own all these studios to promote Gamepass period.

It’s a misconception to say they would be “losing” PlayStation revenue.

Microsoft games can be played on a multitude of different platforms if people want to play COD, they will play it.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
:mjlol::mjlol:

I saw that number and really started wondering how much cash M$ is sitting on if they can so this. ain’t like this is the Apple/Beats deal (which people felt like was big money for “headphones”). $70 billion is bread
They had 120B cash on the books as of last quarter. CASH.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Do you think people are going to buy an Xbox just for COD? If they have it on gamepass day 1 and that's the only place to get it, how many subscriptions do they move? I can guarantee people will not sign up for that shyt just for COD, and they definitely aren't buying an Xbox for COD. This is why I say it won't be exclusive. They would really be killing the franchise doing that.

I agree with @spliz . This kind of nonsense is not good for gaming, period. It's great for Activision but terrible for gaming. Microsoft could NOT compete and decided buying up mega companies was the way to go. This is NEVER good for the consumer.
Shambles :mjlol:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Looks like it will be received well within the ranks.

I need Microsoft to do the right thing and not cut heads as part of the acquisition, then. It sounded like a lot of those employees were HURTING.

Edit:

I've got Kinda Funny on in the background with Gary Whitta on it (the guy in the tweet that made it seem like some other shyt might do down this week), and this highlights how absurd games media can be. These clowns are out here saying "Well, maybe it means Call of Duty won't be annual any more." If these dumb motherfukkers don't understand that a good portion of why they could justify the purchase was BECAUSE CoD is annual, I really don't know what to tell them.

Last edited:

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland

Small brain thinking

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

100% people will buy an Xbox just for COD. People have been doing exactly that for over a decade now :laff:

They are definitely not afraid of losing out on PS revenue if they can add more content to GamePass