Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Scaaar

Superstar
Daps
This continues to beg the question, how does Gamepass make money? I'm going to need a business analyst to break this down. If I buy a subscription, does that help offset the cost of these multi billion dollar acquisitions and maintaining the infrastructure/servers etc??
Ive wondered that as well too. It's great for consumers at the moment but what is the profit split for the developers. Netflix was notorious for burning through cash and they're slowly raising the subscription price year by year. After spending$70 billion I can see a $10-$15 hike to recoup that money. Especially if they make COD console exclusive

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That's a big move right there

It was rumored once upon a time but Microsoft let off a shot with this one so Sony might not have a choice now :ohhh:

I'm at the point now where I don't even know if Sony is bigger than Take Two. Take Two prints money.

Edit: Quick Google search says TT is worth 18 bil and Sony is worth 25 bil. Doubt that's accurate but yeah, not sure if Sony has "buy out Take Two" money :yeshrug:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Well gamers are crackheads for sure, but with what they lose in the PS player base, they can make up in other ways with how they can monetize what they have with Xbox/Windows

Also remember what else they are getting from this purchase: all the eSports stuff Activision had acquired already, whatever data they had from the Candy Crush purchase..on and on. At the forefront of this was to purchase IPs but Microsoft can synergize all of this in bigger ways than Activision on their own wouldn't have been able to.

Definitely tip my hat to Microsoft here.
If they make a new wow game and bring all these games to Xbox theyll be fine. Combined with CandyCrush and exclusive Xbox cod content should be good for them.

Just stay away from take two.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ive wondered that as well too. It's great for consumers at the moment but what is the profit split for the developers. Netflix was notorious for burning through cash and they're slowly raising the subscription price year by year. After spending$70 billion I can see a $10-$15 hike to recoup that money. Especially if they make COD console exclusive

A lot of those brehs better work that $1 trick while it still works, and hope they don't reconfigure the tiers, because just like Netflix, there aren't too many places to mitigate rising operational/content costs other than the customer.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
They used to try to break up monopolies.

Now they just let companies like Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, and Google do anything they want to do.
This isn't a monopoly yet because M$ can argue their are other studios/publishers that work with their competitor + they will in some capacity
it would be one if M$ bought sony. They have the money to do that, but it wouldn't get approved.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm at the point now where I don't even know if Sony is bigger than Take Two. Take Two prints money.

Edit: Quick Google search says TT is worth 18 bil and Sony is worth 25 bil. Doubt that's accurate but yeah, not sure if Sony has "buy out Take Two" money :yeshrug:
:mjlol:

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
FJZLw-Mh-WQBYo1-Z4.jpg

I can't compute brehs. I can't. List wars are irrelevant forever now. A new frontier indeed.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Netflix only makes the money thru the subscription tho, Xbox makes money multiple ways

Perfect example let’s take Forza 5….just dropped on gamepass and it’s ultimate add on dlc was a top seller that same week….they basically made the money they would have made selling Forza from the dlc which was only 20 dollars cheaper

So they dun just made money from the game AND gamepass

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
This isn't a monopoly yet because M$ can argue their are other studios/publishers that work with their competitor + they will in some capacity
it would be one if M$ bought sony. They have the money to do that, but it wouldn't get approved.

Their goal is to control everything.

Even the infastructure that all of the software runs on. There's a reason these companies are paying to own just about all of the underwater fiber optic cables around the world. All of the companies I mentioned are doing that.

There won't be any real choice in the future. It's going to be do what they want or you're locked out.

People don't want to see it until it's too late.

Sheep led by wolves.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
What they gotta do to wow you? Buy take two ? EA ? Guerilla ? ND ? every big purchase they make yall try to downplay it...but if it was sony...
nikka don’t play wit me I don’t even own a console:mjlol: I do have game pass tho :umad:

the :flabbynsick:ness of actiblizz IPs and the sexual assault shyt that popped off are what made them cheap enough to purchase.
If they get relic to carry over momentum from age of empires 4 I’m confident the actiblizz RTSs will return to their former glory but aside from cod and diablo, actiblizzard ain’t shyt

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Their goal is to control everything.

Even the infastructure that all of the software runs on. There's a reason these companies are paying to own just about all of the underwater fiber optic cables around the world. All of the companies I mentioned are doing that.

There won't be any real choice in the future. It's going to be do what they want or you're locked out.

People don't want to see it until it's too late.

Sheep led by wolves.
i didnt know about this. interesting