Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wasn't just talking about here
you go on Twitter people are talking about the government stepping in:mjlol:

I mean.... Government gone do what the government gone want to do.. They blocked AT&T from buying T-Mobile after they agreed to sell. Saying it would be a monopoly. But then let T-Mobile buy Metro PCS and then Sprint :dwillhuh: which is even more of a monopoly :dwillhuh:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Meanwhile Sony along with 2 other companies owns the majority of the music industry. But the government is going step in for some video games? Disney/Fox, NBC/Comcast. Multimedia consolidation isn't unprecedented.

:lupe:
20220118_122002.jpg

How the hell can you compete with that this generation and next?

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I mean.... Government gone do what the government gone want to do.. They blocked AT&T from buying T-Mobile after they agreed to sell. Saying it would be a monopoly. But then let T-Mobile buy Metro PCS and then Sprint :dwillhuh: which is even more of a monopoly :dwillhuh:
Yup. U just never know. The game aint fair these days anyway. Look at Disney.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
All jokes aside, thanks again to all the Sony stans out there for all of the shyt talking, spiking the ball, ridicule and venom. You finally got Phil (and Satya) motivated enough to really open the wallet, and now I'm eating at unprecedented levels.

Thanks for delaying Halo again, too. :ohlawd:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was just responding to you using the companies valuation as some kind of evidence to how easy it will be to make the money back. I simply pointed out they don't make that much on a year to year basis.

Saying the cost of this investment is like 1% of the companies valuation is really all I was replying too. I was just pointing out you conflating a companies overall value with how easy it will be to earn back on a new investment, because it's a weird conflation and had no real bearing on the point you were trying to make.

My 10k in credit card debt is 1% what my total assets are worth. So I should be able to pay it off in no time? Or is how much money I make more relevant?

I'm not even disagreeing they will make the money back, just the conflation.
I guess what I was getting at was that MS won't be depending on this acquisition to "make the money back" like that because they touch so many facets of our lives outside of gaming.

Even if this deal completely flops, MS isn't going under

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
The talk of the acquisition being for the meta verse too is pretty interesting. They could take wow and put it in vr as wow2 then print money.

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I wasn't just talking about here
you go on Twitter people are talking about the government stepping in:mjlol:

Like I told you get sued for antitrust laws. NO. Msft did that, So hopefully you won't have to go through that

:russ:

The eyes are focused on Facebook now. And after that complete sham where they let AT&T buy up Warner entertainment just to spin it off months later....all bets are off now :manny:

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Dumbass Insomniac just made an Xbox One title and Naughty Dog was making games for other platforms for years until Sony bought them. Y'all dikkride the gaming anger because when Sony does it, yall open yall mouths and take it. Microsoft omg this is not right.

Make it make sense
By time Sony bought Naughty Dog, they had been making Sony exclusives from 1996 on :deadmanny: