Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Dumbass Insomniac just made an Xbox One title and Naughty Dog was making games for other platforms for years until Sony bought them. Y'all dikkride the gaming anger because when Sony does it, yall open yall mouths and take it. Microsoft omg this is not right.

Make it make sense
nikka those companies LARGELY were making Sony games. Don’t be a damn retard fam. I hate having disingenuous arguments god damn u know what just don’t quote me no more cause I can’t play this game with u.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
hargers31, post: 44713008, member: 25442"]Yea I forgot :mjlol: Microsoft needs to get ea on that project though :mjcry:[/QUOTE]

They really should. I been replaying it but had to delete it bc I forgot how fukking hard the last fight is lol

Bring that back and blitz the league.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
You can buy all the consoles and still be a Stan. Instead of spending more money, just stop being a fukkin weirdo :russ:

But Microsoft is the only company changing the mold to gaming with these acquisitions. I can play the game anywhere.. Why not be excited?

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Microsoft told Sony "oh you got the COD marketing rights, that's nice :mjgrin:. The price of the brick going up :birdman:"

Got damn Microsoft is not playing games, buying up devs like it aint shyt :whew:.

That free cash flow life is no joke. I'd much rather they buy companies than the Chinese

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Yep. There was a point in time that AT&T was doing end zone celebrations about acquiring T-Mobile just a few years ago, until the government stepped in and gave em the :camby:

I dont think the government will block this from fully happening. But its possible that down the line they do cater laws around fair play laws for creators that need to be on 2 of the 3 major platforms or something. We'll see.

We wont see the long term effects of this deal for a few years id imagine

If there wasn't drama with Bobby Kotick this would be a possibility maybe. But with Kotick being the face of worker mistreatment in the gaming industry, this will be viewed as a good thing in the government's eyes

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
If there wasn't drama with Bobby Kotick this would be a possibility maybe. But with Kotick being the face of worker mistreatment in the gaming industry, this will be viewed as a good thing in the government's eyes

im not talking about the sale going through.. im talking about the government stepping in and telling both Microsoft and Sony that they need to play more fair for the consumers when it comes to game exclusivity.

KillbertArenas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland
I think some of y’all takes are a little reactionary. Sony not going anywhere.

the most realistic scenario, is the walled garden approach that consoles have enjoyed for so long will be slowly peeled back.

The epic court case challenged that. Gamepass is challenging it as well.

Even apple has google/msft services on it, albeit, not baked in as well.

I could see in a decade or so, 5-6 major players left, and they all have a subscription service with diff types of content and with 2-3 of them offering hardware to play on.

Each company still has their entertainment niches so all platforms will have something different.

sony-music,movies, anime, first party gaming, Japanese eccentric titles

Nintendo- nintendo first party, Japanese titles

msft- gamepass/Xbox studios

"All Lives Matter" comment

That sounds cute but this is business and it's about who has the most subscribers and active users

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
And this is what we gotta see. If the government decides to step in.
Meanwhile Sony along with 2 other companies owns the majority of the music industry. But the government is going to step in for some video games? Disney/Fox, NBC/Comcast. Multimedia consolidation isn't unprecedented.

:lupe:
20220118_122002.jpg