Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Uno Venova

Your honor, I was merely capping.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I very much doubt that. That would be killing the franchise by doing that.

Agreed

No. Don't get too excited. Microsoft has a long way to go. We will see if buying up these major gaming companies makes a difference. It's still Microsoft:yeshrug:
I'm willing to bet cod will not be exclusive
This is some insane denial :mjlol:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I am not doing that goofy shyt? Really you know what I am doing? Went to Disney World this past year my Son and Nephew myself included were playing gamepass on the 12.4 inch tablet with no lag at the airport. Thanksgiving dinner me and my younger sons going hard on Forza at sister house no lag. You know what was crazy my saves move right along. I beat Yakuza Kiwami 2 all on my tablet.

You fanboys need to grow up and buy all systems and enjoy whats out there.

Microsoft not buying these publishers just because tell me a competitor who got the infrastructure of Microsoft can do? I'll wait? Sony would of boost the price of games to 100 dollars if they bought any of these publishers. Those Japs want yall bread in the worst way. @spliz

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Y’all wanna know the funny shyt. This is what people initially had an issue with Microsoft entering the console gaming market way back when the OG Xbox dropped. It was part of the initial pushback for the console. People thought Microsoft was gonna try to buy up the gaming industry. Fast forward to 2022. Look what’s happening. Lol.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
And they just acquired ATVI for 70 billion, so what are we really saying?
I was just responding to you using the companies valuation as some kind of evidence to how easy it will be to make the money back. I simply pointed out they don't make that much on a year to year basis.

Saying the cost of this investment is like 1% of the companies valuation is really all I was replying too. I was just pointing out you conflating a companies overall value with how easy it will be to earn back on a new investment, because it's a weird conflation and had no real bearing on the point you were trying to make.

My 10k in credit card debt is 1% what my total assets are worth. So I should be able to pay it off in no time? Or is how much money I make more relevant?

I'm not even disagreeing they will make the money back, just the conflation.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
this one hurts so bad......REAL bad.

crying-sad.gif

Breh EA has historically ruined every game series, but I NEVER seen this shyt coming:mindblown: I didn't think it was possible, I owned every Battlefield starting from 3.:dahell:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I am not doing that goofy shyt? Really you know what I am doing? Went to Disney World this past year my Son and Nephew myself included were playing gamepass on the 12.4 inch tablet with no lag at the airport. Thanksgiving dinner me and my younger sons going hard on Forza at sister house no lag. You know what was crazy my saves move right along. I beat Yakuza Kiwami 2 all on my tablet.

You fanboys need to grow up and buy all systems and enjoy whats out there.
nikka I have all consoles. Like I said before. This DOES NOT AFFECT ME. I game on ALL platforms. I’m just not a dikkrider.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Y’all wanna know the funny shyt. This is what people initially had an issue with Microsoft entering the console gaming market way back when the OG Xbox dropped. It was part of the initial pushback for the console. People thought Microsoft was gonna try to buy up the gaming industry. Fast forward to 2022. Look what’s happening. Lol.

Aw shut up but its cool for Sony to get exclusives for Japanese games or buy Insominac or Naughty Dog... Shut up

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
I very much doubt that. That would be killing the franchise by doing that.

Agreed

No. Don't get too excited. Microsoft has a long way to go. We will see if buying up these major gaming companies makes a difference. It's still Microsoft:yeshrug:
I'm willing to bet cod will not be exclusive

People need to finally start thinking beyond console install base with Microsoft. This is about the streaming wars with them and Gamepass is the platform. We got numbers for Gamepass subs today. That's it. This is about exclusivity of catalog and content. Netflix does not win putting stranger things on peacock or amazon prime video. They have a hell of a bargaining chip with their exclusive stuff. That's the goal. All of the back catalog is going to go through the backwards compatibility stuff and we should see every COD going back to the 360 on Gamepass in addition to the other stuff they've made.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I think some of y’all takes are a little reactionary. Sony not going anywhere.

the most realistic scenario, is the walled garden approach that consoles have enjoyed for so long will be slowly peeled back.

The epic court case challenged that. Gamepass is challenging it as well.

Even apple has google/msft services on it, albeit, not baked in as well.

I could see in a decade or so, 5-6 major players left, and they all have a subscription service with diff types of content and with 2-3 of them offering hardware to play on.

Each company still has their entertainment niches so all platforms will have something different.

sony-music,movies, anime, first party gaming, Japanese eccentric titles

Nintendo- nintendo first party, Japanese titles

msft- gamepass/Xbox studios