Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
You sound hurt breh.

We're all adults, gaming is a business. There isn't some magical righteous path for one company to acquire assets/IP over another. Sony doesn't have the same type of money MS has or will continue to have. The biggest companies have always bought the best talent. This is no different.

I'm not hurt. I'm just calling out the differences to the Microsoft fans. Like I said, one company helped to develop the talent it purchased, and another had to take players off the board. Have fun with Call of Duty and Tony Hawk. :troll:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The impact of GTA being PS exclusive would be bigger than COD being XBOX exclusive IMO.
90% of GTA revenue the past 5 years has came from PC sales and micro transactions :dwillhuh: xbox players arent on GTA like that

even disregarding that, from a strictly revenue point, Activision Blizzard prints more money than Take Two. Even with World of Warcraft in a slump.

Take Two 2020 revenue: 3 billion
Activision Blizzard 2020 revenue: 8 billion

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I'm not the numbers guy but doesn't GTA still consistently hit top 10 games sold every month?
I feel like GTA could stand up to a few of those games combined.
Again, I'm not the numbers guy so stans don't kill me.

GTA hasn't even sold more than CoD in total yet. GTA V is a behemoth and does constantly chart, but for reasons impossible for CoD

Combined, no, not at all. Diablo and CoD alone are at 600+ mil copies

Tony hawk alone sold over a billion copes.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a gaming forum after-all.

Grow up

We telling brehs to grow up in the middle of an argument about video games?

giphy.webp

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
90% of GTA revenue the past 5 years has came from PC sales and micro transactions :dwillhuh: xbox players arent on GTA like that

even disregarding that, from a strictly revenue point, Activision Blizzard prints more money than Take Two. Even with World of Warcraft in a slump.

Take Two 2020 revenue: 3 billion
Activision Blizzard 2020 revenue: 8 billion
I wasn't aware of that.
I'm just going by general perception that on console GTA is still a heavily played (and purchased) game despite being released however many years ago.
I don't keep up with the actual numbers.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
I wasn't aware of that.
I'm just going by general perception that on console GTA is still a heavily played (and purchased) game despite being released however many years ago.
I don't keep up with the actual numbers.
GTA RP and Reallife mods have kept the lights on for GTA much longer than usual. Its like top 3 streamed game still, but only because of roleplay.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Maaaaannnnn Warzone changed my life LOL
I used to buy every COD release until Warzone dropped.
I lost all interest in COD multiplayer and I couldn't care less about the single player for BLOPS or Vanguard.
I will cop the sequel to modern warfare though. That campaign was flames.

might need to check it out again then. :ehh:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Bruh. We’ll see. I don’t know why y’all would want another Disney situation creep into gaming. Like I said before. Keep thinking these corporations are your friends.

I don't want shyt Microsoft is giving me the oppurtnity to play games on my tablet at the airport/road mom house etc.. on the cloud. I have 100s of games at my fingertips for a lousy monthly fee. What is there to complain about?