gnap
crazy. if they add WoW to this subscription ill be happy as hell

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I actually disagree with this and am struggling to understand the fanbase on it.

Verdansk was littered with very tall buildings with minimal ways up causing people to claymore up and roof spam constantly. That coupled with wide open spaces in between these points made it a terribly designed BR map imo. Roof control was too much of a factor and there was not enough in between cover.

Caldera eliminated the absurdly tall buildings, made much more ways up to access the current buildings, put a lot more cover in between the rotations.

And they removed heartbeat spam from the Vanguard only mode. These are all positives to me.

Is it perfect? No. Too many rocks, peak is trash etc. I just don't see how someone could objectively say Verdansk was a better map for a BR. Verdansk helped bums win by letting them sit on a roof all game.

Just my opinon :hubie:
For me...I'm immediately a bigger fan of the modern setting overall aesthetically. I've never been a fan of WWII guns or setting.
I never camped the roofs in verdansk but I know what you mean.
Caldera is a buggy mess on console. This isn't thread for this but I did notice it runs significantly worse on PS5 than it does on Series X.
On PS5 guns take forever to load, the parachute takes for ever to load, entire walls and floors take for ever to load.
On series X everything is there as it should be.
I HAVE been giving caldera more time recently due to the realization that it runs great on Series X. Performance was my biggest gripe.

In terms of the map, I can't stand the rock climbing more than anything else. The rest of the map is straight. I do appreciate more foliage to break sight lines but to your point about verdansk, we training roof camping to bush camping now.
I'm not a big fan of the weapons either.

And OH!!!! I just remembered my BIGGEST gripe with caldera.
How the HELL did they get away with obsoleting my PAID skins!?!?!
I can only use my previous skins in the regular warzone mode which is on a limited time rotation???
Vanguard warzone is the core mode. I should be able to use my freakin skins. I don't know of a single other game that locks skins to specific playlists and moves previous skins to a secondary playlist.

Chef

All Star
Daps
I don't know if anyone can, the business philosophy in Blizzard has now been picked up by everyone. Their whole thing was make games that will sustain themselves as money sinks for a decade. Now everybody does it, so it watered Blizzard games down.

Either they tell Blizzard to get to work like everybody else and actually make games again, or they fade into obscurity.

I think the latter is going to happen. Diablo and Overwatch have the ability to cross over and be successful but their projects are being pushed back and the team is bleeding talent. That Blizzard quality is becoming a thing of the past. This why I disliked the Activision Vivendi merger, it really killed Blizzard.

I don’t think RTS and MMOs will catch enough traction to sustain a heathy player base on consoles to revive their respective IPs. WoW peaked and been in a decline for a few years.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
For me...I'm immediately a bigger fan of the modern setting overall aesthetically. I've never been a fan of WWII guns or setting.
I never camped the roofs in verdansk but I know what you mean.
Caldera is a buggy mess on console. This isn't thread for this but I did notice it runs significantly worse on PS5 than it does on Series X.
On PS5 guns take forever to load, the parachute takes for ever to load, entire walls and floors take for ever to load.
On series X everything is there as it should be.
I HAVE been giving caldera more time recently due to the realization that it runs great on Series X. Performance was my biggest gripe.

In terms of the map, I can't stand the rock climbing more than anything else. The rest of the map is straight. I do appreciate more foliage to break sight lines but to your point about verdansk, we training roof camping to bush camping now.
I'm not a big fan of the weapons either.

And OH!!!! I just remembered my BIGGEST gripe with caldera.
How the HELL did they get away with obsoleting my PAID skins!?!?!
I can only use my previous skins in the regular warzone mode which is on a limited time rotation???
Vanguard warzone is the core mode. I should be able to use my freakin skins. I don't know of a single other game that locks skins to specific playlists and moves previous skins to a secondary playlist.
Aesthetically I agree I hate the lime green WW2 vibe.

I hated the puke green colors of verdansk too tbh.

I forgot the map runs like ass on console I'm on my PC getting 200 fps :hubie:

But yea I heard the shyt unplayable on console right now I forgot about that.

Da Rhythm Rebel

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Strong Island
You really think so? Microsoft must really think these gamers are crackheads. I think they're going to have to make these games very accessible to make them money back. And if the money didn't matter then they're just creating chaos. There must be a new world of Warcraft coming out for this to make sense

Well gamers are crackheads for sure, but with what they lose in the PS player base, they can make up in other ways with how they can monetize what they have with Xbox/Windows

Also remember what else they are getting from this purchase: all the eSports stuff Activision had acquired already, whatever data they had from the Candy Crush purchase..on and on. At the forefront of this was to purchase IPs but Microsoft can synergize all of this in bigger ways than Activision on their own wouldn't have been able to.

Definitely tip my hat to Microsoft here.