Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Blizzard are a shell of their former glory but CoD gone from PS is huge.
Blizzard games have lapped CoD sales multiple millions of times in the past decade, this forum is stuck in 2006 :mjlol:

Overwatch is more successful than any call of duty in history :mjlol:

If thats a shell , then what the hell is Activision :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony gotta buy Square-Enix or the streets gonna say they p*ssy :yeshrug:

crying-sad.gif

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
So you say the transition from one king in the market to another king is bad? Either way you're still getting ruled. Is your argument that Sony is a better king than Microsoft will be?

You have to remember Microsoft is pretty far back from Sony in 3rd place in revenue. If anything this will just help make that more competitive. The real impact of this is probably many years away regardless.
If you're not going to attempt to understand what I'm saying or if you're going to gloss over the differences, then don't bother quoting me.

Removing options on this scale does not spur competition, it reduces competition.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You don't pay this kind of cheese for your competitor to still eat
Do they really have the products with the install base to recoup this money. They must be forecasting PC sales to be high so they can move these games. Call of duty as an XBox exclusive doesn't sound like a smart move

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Microsoft was fukking genius this generation and the plan been set in motion for years. The value of gamepass is now irreversible and if you can’t hold out any more, there is a cheap ass 300 dollar white box just waiting for you on the shelf to jump in at any time

Phil and Satya are the best thing that ever happened to Xbox and I know the Xbox pioneers like Black and Alurd wish they had someone like Satya to work under all them years ago, Xbox would be in a much different place

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Maybe they will. Imo it would take a long ass time (like a decade) to return on what they would have made if they kept the Sony player base.

We will see neither of us know. I don't see the cod fanbase dropping Sony and moving to MS en masse personally.
I would say they're thinking past console gaming. Microsoft is thinking about putting xCloud boxes on TVs with no console attached and reaching people who don't even own a console by getting them to subscribe to a service.

There's one thing for sure with all the studio adds nobody else currently in the console space will be able to match what Game Pass will become. It's going to take another tech giant to compete with it. Google already left game development. Amazon seems to want to with Luna and them buying and creating studios.