Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.
Exactly. Someone needs to point out what big company Sony bought that was initially making games for all platforms as well. It’s a disingenuous argument imo.

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Direct quote from Microsoft:

"Activision Blizzard games are enjoyed on a variety of platforms and we plan to continue to support those communities moving forward.”

Microsoft Is Buying Activision Blizzard For $70 Billion, A Colossal Purchase For Xbox
They're in the vague "feel good about this" phase right now. We saw this before, but they already set precedent with the Zenimax purchase. They'll keep Warzone or other ftp titles on everything, but the other titles will become exclusive.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I clearly said I don’t like it either way and it’s nothing to be celebrated. People taking this console war shyt to the next level and not understanding the implications of shyt like this. Especially with MEGA studios.
If someone can't understand the difference between buying big publishers that dropped a series of games on all platforms for decades to some studios that were already only making games on Playstation primarily then they're not trying to have a serious discussion.

zVFaxHh.png

Like, where do you see here that Sony was buying out big "studios"?

Most of these studios are either small studios that were porting games or already made content only for Playstation. Heck, even some Sony-owned stuff is coming to PC now.

We are not about to act like Nixxes or Bluepoint games are the same as freaking Activision now.

Almost every big Sony title that's hyped up was made by their first-party studios and not some third-party joint and even then, a title is far less of a big deal than an entire portfolio of game series not coming to the platform at all.

Whereas with MSFT, when they buy a huge publisher, likely, the game doesn't make it to Playstation AT ALL. It's not the same thing.

These guys in here cheering this on like some cheerleaders are losing the plot of the film. I don't play COD on PS5 so as long as it's on PC I'm still good but acting like MSFT buying Activision is the same as being hype about Horizon Forbidden West which is made by Sony's 1st party studio is crazy talk.

Last edited:

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
If Sony got exclusive GTA and Red dead by buying take two you could probably guarantee microsoft would lose a bunch of players
So for anyone to say Sony isn't potentially losing players to an exclusive move like this is naive

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
You don't spend 70 billion to not go exclusive.
It's over.
You really think so? Microsoft must really think these gamers are crackheads. I think they're going to have to make these games very accessible to make them money back. And if the money didn't matter then they're just creating chaos. There must be a new world of Warcraft coming out for this to make sense

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They're in the vague "feel good about this" phase right now. We saw this before, but they already set precedent with the Zenimax purchase. They'll keep Warzone or other ftp titles on everything, but the other titles will become exclusive.

Agreed. Those are big purchases, but you gotta recoup too.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
It is tricky, I agree with that. CoD is more of a platform at this point (sort of like Minecraft). As for your last point, the last estimates put PS5 roughly ~1.5 mil ahead. :ehh: Last gen was a wash obviously but the PS3/360 were neck and neck. CoD is the best selling franchise of all time in the U.S. (3rd WW). None of how people are reacting is hyperbole.
I was being facetious on the numbers just spit-balling in my rant I will admit., but last I checked the ps5 was like 15-16 mil and series x/s combined was like 9 mil. Nvm the fact series s being lumped in makes the comparison seem less lob-sided than it ultimately is.

If sony had a weak ass version of the ps5 that was easier to manufacture during a chip shortage too just imagine, I guess that's on them though.