Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.

“When everyone plays, we all win” :troll:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So let's do a rough estimate and say Sony consoles make up 60% of the cod player base (frankly it's probably more than that)

You are telling me MS is going to cut off that revenue stream just under the hopes, that maybe just maybe, a small percentage of them will switch to the Xbox ecosystem? I doubt it they didn't put down half their available cash just to brag, they expect a return long term. They aren't going to make the cod player base happy by alienating more than half of them. What happened last time MS alienated them? Sony became the face of COD (how many pros use xbox controllers? what is Scuf and Battle Beavers flagship controller?)

Maybe MS will make it exclusive but my gut tells me they won't.

Diablo, overwatch, starcraft etc. That's really a non issue to me console wise because those are largely PC centric games. No one is buying a console just to play diablo. If you are well lol. Cod is the only needle mover console wise.

One thing I am concerned about as a PC gamer is these future games being forced to run through MS's god awful gamepass launcher on PC and it's terrible windows implementation (just run halo through steam or through gamepass to see, or Doom, or Forza, or shyt any of them)

P.S. remember Xbots acting like Sony was evil for having timed map exclusives in Cod :russ:

Can we kill the hyperbole a little too? Xbox is still down 40 million consoles. There is no 'checkmate' or 'it's over' or nail in a coffin. Ya'll sound dumb. Ole ''here at microsoft we're a family'' ass company men.
Absolutely. If Microsoft cared about what you're talking about they'd put all their games on PlayStation because they'd get more revenue than they get now. Imagine the revenue they'd get if Halo and Gears were on PlayStation they could overnight double the install base playing those games. Now if Sony wants to say hey you can put Game Pass on our platform that's fine but otherwise I doubt they dropped this much money to make PlayStation games.

Go back and revisit Spencer's comments on Bethesda. People were saying the same thing when Microsoft bought them. No way is such and such a game going to be exclusive.
Phil Spencer on the big Bethesda deal: "This is about delivering great exclusive games on platforms where Game Pass exists"
"But for an Xbox customer, the thing I want you to know is that this is about delivering great exclusive games for you that ship on platforms where Game Pass exists," he continues. "That's our goal, that's why we're doing this, that's the root of this partnership that we're building. The creative capability we're gonna be able to bring to market for Xbox customers is gonna be the best it's ever been for Xbox after we're done here."

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Probably was worried tencent would buy them, plus market share was downa lot. As far as this gen, sony will be fine... long term however I'm worried about how they compete
Sony was late to the table on this streaming shyt
What MS is doing is basically buying up shyt to sell gamepass the console is just the tool to use gamepass
If they keep losing games to MS then you can see them losing ground in the future
360/PS3 era was close but they pulled ahead this past decade or so and got complacent

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Sony would have done it if they had the money.
MS and Sony have been buying studios left and right for years on end.
Every time Sony buys a studio it's celebrated on here as the next thing that's going to destroy Xbox.
Microsoft ups the ante and buys a powerhouse studio and NOW it's not fair?
Come on breh. If you personally don't like it I respect it, but I'm talking about this forum overall.
You can't celebrate buying devs and bragging about exclusives but when the competition does it on a higher level you cry about how unfair it is.
Activision/blizzard make a few notable games that console gamers care about: Call of Duty and Overwatch, and to a certain extent, diablo.
These games are NOT going to be xbox exclusives and even if they were, COD and Overwatch are the only shooters on the planet and it doesn't stop anyone from making great games of their own.
Maybe Sony shouldn't have blown their load on Gaikai and they would have the money to make money moves.
I clearly said I don’t like it either way and it’s nothing to be celebrated. People taking this console war shyt to the next level and not understanding the implications of shyt like this. Especially with MEGA studios.

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
We had this exact conversation with Bethesda that was worth one tenth the price….you don’t spend all this money to keep the status quo, otherwise there was no point to even make the purchase

I still remember those "Starfield is still coming to playstation!" posts like it was yesterday :lolbron:

Anything existing or in progress will remain on their respective platforms, but everything new will be Gamepass exclusive.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
We had this exact conversation with Bethesda that was worth one tenth the price….you don’t spend all this money to keep the status quo, otherwise there was no point to even make the purchase
hate to say it but I'm ok with this
it makes both companies step their game up with a variety of content

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Absolutely. If Microsoft cared about what you're talking about they'd put all their games on PlayStation because they'd get more revenue than they get now. Imagine the revenue they'd get if Halo and Gears were on PlayStation they could overnight double the install base playing those games. Now if Sony wants to say hey you can put Game Pass on our platform that's fine but otherwise I doubt they dropped this much money to make PlayStation games.

Go back and revisit Spencer's comments on Bethesda. People were saying the same thing when Microsoft bought them. No way is such and such a game going to be exclusive.
Phil Spencer on the big Bethesda deal: "This is about delivering great exclusive games on platforms where Game Pass exists"
Maybe they will. Imo it would take a long ass time (like a decade) to return on what they would have made if they kept the Sony player base.

We will see, neither of us know. I don't see the cod fanbase dropping Sony and moving to MS en masse personally.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
“BbBuT iT’s OrGaNiC wHeN sOnY dOes It! :damn:
:sas2: You called it.

Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.
I'm giving you a hard time but yes, their approaches are radically different. Sony 100% deserves credit for nurturing talent and expanding the medium. But let's not act like they're some benevolent company. They just don't have this type of "fukk you" money.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Exclusives are a bad thing now brehs :mjlol:
The Playstation shuffle is in full effect. :stylin:

---------------------------------
"Who the hell cares about subscription services?":francis:
"Sony is launching a gamepass killer!":gladbron:

------------------------------------
"Xbox might be the place for multiplats but where the hell are the exclusives?" :francis:
"Ya'll see this BS. Xbox is destroying the gaming landscape buying up these studios to make their games exclusives":gucci:

-------------------------------------
"All xbox has is shooters. Were is their uncharted, the last of us, ratchet and clank, returnal, etc.":sas1:
"Call of duty is going to be exclusive?!?!? How can you even be happy about this!?!?!?":damn:

--------------------------------------

I've seen ya'll talk about Sony should buy take two for years. Be mad at Sony for spending their money like dummies instead of being mad at MS for spending money the right way.