Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.
I played street fighter on Sega and Microsoft consoles until Sony moneyhatted sf5 to be exclusive.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
:sas2: You called it.

I'm giving you a hard time but yes, their approaches are radically different. Sony 100% deserves credit for nurturing talent and expanding the medium. But let's not act like they're some benevolent company. They just don't have this type of "fukk you" money.

I'm a hardcore leftist. You will never see me act like a corporation is benevolent :youngsabo:But I understand how they move.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I would say they're thinking past console gaming. Microsoft is thinking about putting xCloud boxes on TVs with no console attached and reaching people who don't even own a console by getting them to subscribe to a service..

Sony already tried this with PS Now. It failed.

I do think MS will do a much better job with it, but people still like their physical consoles.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
@Kamikaze Revy
You love playing both sides of the coin and itssickening

How exactly is the number 1 gaming brand spending there money unwisely
Like clockwork :laff:
Ya'll gotta stop pretending I'm some champion for Sony that betrayed you whenever I give kudos to ANYTHING that doesn't favor Sony.
I like video games breh. I'm not playing two sides of a coin. I'm playing MY side. The side that likes PS5,XBOX, and Switch for different reasons.
This week I've almost exclusively played Animal Crossing.
Last week I almost exclusives played Halo Infinte.
The week before last I was exclusively playing Kena.
I don't know what to tell ya'll.
I'm sorry I'm not who ya'll want me to be. :mjcry:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Exclusives are a bad thing now brehs :mjlol:
The Playstation shuffle is in full effect. :stylin:

---------------------------------
"Who the hell cares about subscription services?":francis:
"Sony is launching a gamepass killer!":gladbron:

------------------------------------
"Xbox might be the place for multiplats but where the hell are the exclusives?" :francis:
"Ya'll see this BS. Xbox is destroying the gaming landscape buying up these studios to make their games exclusives":gucci:

-------------------------------------
"All xbox has is shooters. Were is their uncharted, the last of us, ratchet and clank, returnal, etc.":sas1:
"Call of duty is going to be exclusive?!?!? How can you even be happy about this!?!?!?":damn:

--------------------------------------

I've seen ya'll talk about Sony should buy take two for years. Be mad at Sony for spending their money like dummies instead of being mad at MS for spending money the right way.
It's funny that Final Fantasy starts ignoring Xbox and Sony stans celebrate. Call of Duty and Overwatch are under threat of going Xbox exclusive and suddenly companies taking games away is bad for the industry.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Like clockwork :laff:
Ya'll gotta stop pretending I'm some champion for Sony that betrayed you whenever I give kudos to ANYTHING that doesn't favor Sony.
I like video games breh. I'm not playing two sides of a coin. I'm playing MY side. The side that likes PS5,XBOX, and Switch for different reasons.
This week I've almost exclusively played Animal Crossing.
Last week I almost exclusives played Halo Infinte.
The week before last I was exclusively playing Kena.
I don't know what to tell ya'll.
I'm sorry I'm not who ya'll want me to be. :mjcry:
Nah

you do that passive aggressive shyt for whatever big news is out at the time to align yourself properly

I see through your gimmick

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
If Sony is smart they start building those abandoned relationships they let Nintendo take over in Japan.

Offer a Japanese version of gamepass

Other countries just don't fukk with Xbox like that so Sony has nothing to worry about (they love Apple though weirdly).

If you are a Call Of Duty hardcore head, then yeah this is huge.

Wonder if EA wasn't for sale, they were 30 billion cheaper.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
Other countries just don't fukk with Xbox like that so Sony has nothing to worry about (they love Apple though weirdly).

If you are a Call Of Duty hardcore head, then yeah this is huge.

Wonder if EA wasn't for sale, they were 30 billion cheaper.

I think they only sold because of the recent allegations, they were on a downward trend