Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PG - Maryland

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony would have done it if they had the money.
MS and Sony have been buying studios left and right for years on end.
Every time Sony buys a studio it's celebrated on here as the next thing that's going to destroy Xbox.
Microsoft ups the ante and buys a powerhouse studio and NOW it's not fair?
Come on breh. If you personally don't like it I respect it, but I'm talking about this forum overall.
You can't celebrate buying devs and bragging about exclusives but when the competition does it on a higher level you cry about how unfair it is.
Activision/blizzard make a few notable games that console gamers care about: Call of Duty and Overwatch, and to a certain extent, diablo.
These games are NOT going to be xbox exclusives and even if they were, COD and Overwatch are the only shooters on the planet and it doesn't stop anyone from making great games of their own.
Maybe Sony shouldn't have blown their load on Gaikai and they would have the money to make money moves.

“BbBuT iT’s OrGaNiC wHeN sOnY dOes It! :damn:

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
Here's the difference between Sony and Microsoft. The developers Sony acquired were already primarily making Sony exclusives. So no one with an Xbox was missing out when they purchased Insomniac. Microsoft on the other hand has had to take developers, who were already making games for all consoles, off the playing field. I do believe in console exclusives. I get a particular console for games I can't play on another console. Sony has put in the work, like Sony does with everything, to make their stuff special. This tells me that Microsoft can't, and are going to horde as much as they can, before Sony finalizes what they're going to do with Playstation Plus.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
Ps5 is way more than 1.5 mil up. The last sales estimate was 13.5 in september, theres an entire quarter of sales they haven’t reported, series is at 12m
Yea, that's what I'm referring to. I don't think either number is officially reported. Idk, all was was the 13.5 and 12 numbers, which is a far cry from the 40 mil disparity in the post I replied to.

We had this exact conversation with Bethesda that was worth one tenth the price….you don’t spend all this money to keep the status quo, otherwise there was no point to even make the purchase
They kept Minecraft multi-plat. I agree you don't make this kind of move to keep things the same but you also don't want to alienate 3/4 of your player base.