Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
So let's do a rough estimate and say Sony consoles make up 60% of the cod player base (frankly it's probably more than that)

You are telling me MS is going to cut off that revenue stream just under the hopes, that maybe just maybe, a small percentage of them will switch to the Xbox ecosystem? I doubt it they didn't put down half their available cash just to brag, they expect a return long term. They aren't going to make the cod player base happy by alienating more than half of them. What happened last time MS alienated them? Sony became the face of COD (how many pros use xbox controllers? what is Scuf and Battle Beavers flagship controller?)

Maybe MS will make it exclusive but my gut tells me they won't.

Diablo, overwatch, starcraft etc. That's really a non issue to me console wise because those are largely PC centric games. No one is buying a console just to play diablo. If you are well lol. Cod is the only needle mover console wise.

One thing I am concerned about as a PC gamer is these future games being forced to run through MS's god awful gamepass launcher on PC and it's terrible windows implementation (just run halo through steam or through gamepass to see, or Doom, or Forza, or shyt any of them)

P.S. remember Xbots acting like Sony was evil for having timed map exclusives in Cod :russ:

Can we kill the hyperbole a little too? Xbox is still down 40 million consoles. There is no 'checkmate' or 'it's over' or nail in a coffin. Ya'll sound dumb. Ole ''here at microsoft we're a family'' ass company men.

Chef

All Star
Daps
If this doesn’t make better games, it’s not that exciting to me. Most of the senior game designers jumped ship from Blizzard for the past year or two. No one should be hyping WoW in 2022, they had to rerelease the original version to retain a dwindling player base. :mjlol: