Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
When was the last time Sony did anything for "free"? :yeshrug:
PSPlus + PSNOW for $10 more and month = PS+Ultimate
Stans will pretend they've wanted PS+ since forever and find themselves not even using it in the long run.
Spartacus? Please. :stopitslime:
Gaikai vs Azure is a serious conversation they want to have? Stop it. :scust:
If the PS5 can't handle backwards compatibility then the games would have to be streamed no?
Sony is going to need to announce an Amazon partnership if they want to draw blood from MS as far as that's concerned.

Personally I wish Sony would just laser focus on the exclusives. That's all gamers want to see at this point. Everything else is exaggeration for the sake of stannery.

MS is clearly playing a battle of infrastructure which is a field Sony can't compete on. Xbox won't win this gen at all IMO but the next gen...Sony better brace themselves something serious.

Sony probably wishes the same going by their lead comments about gamepass model earlier in Xbox gamepass beginning but those shareholders see the possibility of getting billions in revenue monthly. The model is just financially important too much money.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Sony probably wishes the same going by their lead comments about gamepass model earlier in Xbox gamepass beginning but those shareholders see the possibility of getting billions in revenue monthly. The model is just financially important too much money.
Gamepass is laughable to me (at the moment) considering the library. Halo Infinite multi is free for everyone and that's what everyone cares about the most. MS Flight simlulator is a tech demo you mess with a few times and bush. Forza Horizon is dope, sure.
MS is making the right moves to make the case for Gamepass more and more and if they bring those activision games to it then it's going to be a problem for Sony to one degree or another.
The value of gamepass (to me) will greatly rely on how often Sony drops meaningful exclusives.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Point is they would have to work HARDER. For what? They got spit in the face last time around for their backwards compatibility capabilities and had to remove them. Xbox only put so much care into it after they started getting bad press and was losing the gen. Which is good because these companies need to feel pressure to implement shyt for the customer.
I understand what you're trying to say but Sony should have been thinking about backwards compatibility when digital games became prominent. You gotta remember that they almost didn't make the ps5 backwards compatible with ps4 games. It was added in last minute due to demand and has caused problems for developers looking to update a game for the new hardware without a full blown port.

Microsoft actually planned for backwards compatibility during development of the X1, they added hardware to that system that would make backwards compatibility easier in the future.

I understand that Sony seems to be working on making the ps5 backwards compatible but honestly its crazy that it's taken them this long. They had to have been embarrassed using some random psx emulator from the internet for that bullshyt psx mini.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I understand what you're trying to say but Sony should have been thinking about backwards compatibility when digital games became prominent. You gotta remember that they almost didn't make the ps5 backwards compatible with ps4 games. It was added in last minute due to demand and has caused problems for developers looking to update a game for the new hardware without a full blown port.

Microsoft actually planned for backwards compatibility during development of the X1, they added hardware to that system that would make backwards compatibility easier in the future.

I understand that Sony seems to be working on making the ps5 backwards compatible but honestly its crazy that it's taken them this long. They had to have been embarrassed using some random psx emulator from the internet for that bullshyt psx mini.
I’m just saying that with all the issues they had with BC in the PS3 era. Them having to release like 3 different versions of the PS3 to appease people and cut cost. They probably didn’t think people cared as much when they were designing the PS4. I don’t know about the PS5 debacle. I’m speaking going from PS3 to PS4. Cause Playstation was more backwards compatible than Xbox was up until that point.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I’m just saying that with all the issues they had with BC in the PS3 era. Them having to release like 3 different versions of the PS3 to appease people and cut cost. They probably didn’t think people cared as much when they were designing the PS4. I don’t know about the PS5 debacle. I’m speaking going from PS3 to PS4. Cause Playstation was more backwards compatible than Xbox was up until that point.
But they didn't have trouble due to BC with the ps3. They struggled because they put a $1000 bluray drive in a game console and sold it for $200 more than the average person was willing to spend on a console.

BC was something that unfortunately ended up being cut in order to make the ps3 more affordable, that doesn't mean they should have abandoned the idea entirely, especially when digital libraries were becoming the standard.

The ps4 might not have been strong enough to emulate ps3, but there's no reason they couldn't do BC with psx and ps2 on the ps4. The truth is that they excluded it to try and sell psnow subscriptions.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
But they didn't have trouble due to BC with the ps3. They struggled because they put a $1000 bluray drive in a game console and sold it for $200 more than the average person was willing to spend on a console.

BC was something that unfortunately ended up being cut in order to make the ps3 more affordable, that doesn't mean they should have abandoned the idea entirely, especially when digital libraries were becoming the standard.

The ps4 might not have been strong enough to emulate ps3, but there's no reason they couldn't do BC with psx and ps2 on the ps4. The truth is that they excluded it to try and sell psnow subscriptions.
The PS2 still gives people trouble too. For instance. I have 2 high end gaming PC’s. I was running PS2 emulators on them like last week just to test it cause I still have a BC PS3 and a PS2 as well. But the PS2 emulation isn’t as good as the GameCube emulation even till this day. shyt still acts funny. And my PC’s are more powerful than both Series X and PS5. They also didn’t completely abandon BC on PS3. They still enabled PS1 BC. And there was 3 versions of BC PS3’s. The OG which had an entire PS2 built inside of it. The 80gb half emulation/half hardware version. And the non PS2 BC version. I think it might have been a 4th now that I think about it. Either way. They shoulda def brought it back ASAP for PS5. No excuse for that. But it seems they are trying to fix that.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The PS2 still gives people trouble too. For instance. I have 2 high end gaming PC’s. I was running PS2 emulators on them like last week just to test it cause I still have a BC PS3 and a PS2 as well. But the PS2 emulation isn’t as good as the GameCube emulation even till this day. shyt still acts funny. And my PC’s are more powerful than both Series X and PS5. They also didn’t completely abandon BC on PS3. They still enabled PS1 BC. And there was 3 versions of BC PS3’s. The OG which had an entire PS2 built inside of it. The 80gb half emulation/half hardware version. And the non PS2 BC version. I think it might have been a 4th now that I think about it. Either way. They shoulda def brought it back ASAP for PS5. No excuse for that. But it seems they are trying to fix that.
If random modders can get 500 ps2 games emulated flawlessly on a jail broken ps4 then theres no reason the creator of the hardware couldn't do much better than that.

PS4 Now Has 500 Playable PS2 Games via Jailbreaking - MP1st

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven