Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I said the PS4 was too weak to do standard BC to PS3 games. I said they would’ve had to directly tailor each PS3 game to run correctly. I didn’t say it was impossible. I said it would’ve been a lot of work. Because the PS4’s cpu was too weak. And I said people got mad when they had to pay more for PS3 when they put a whole PS2 built inside of it. People rather the console be cheaper. Which is what happened. The complete focus on BC came back with the Xbox One basically offering it as an incentive and putting so much focus on it last gen.
It’s obviously a lot of work.

Microsoft has to do the same with each game. The shyt ain’t automatic.

Point is, Microsoft put in that work/investment for the sake of their users.

Sony chose to put the financial burden on their customers to preserve their game library

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It’s obviously a lot of work.

Microsoft has to do the same with each game. The shyt ain’t automatic.

Point is, Microsoft put in that work/investment for the sake of their users.

Sony chose to put the financial burden on their customers to preserve their game library
Point is they would have to work HARDER. For what? They got spit in the face last time around for their backwards compatibility capabilities and had to remove them. Xbox only put so much care into it after they started getting bad press and was losing the gen. Which is good because these companies need to feel pressure to implement shyt for the customer.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Point is they would have to work HARDER. For what?
To preserve legacy hardware for long time loyal customers, and to allow new fans an easy avenue to play their classic games. :ehh:

They got spit in the face last time around for their backwards compatibility capabilities and had to remove them. Xbox only put so much care into it after they started getting bad press and was losing the gen. Which is good because these companies need to feel pressure to implement shyt for the customer.
Nobody spit on Sony breh :mjlol:

Yes Xbox has more incentive and cash for to spend on goodwill for their consumers. That’s why they did it.

Sony benefits from saying fukk that shyt and selling remasters.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
To preserve legacy hardware for long time loyal customers, and to allow new fans an easy avenue to play their classic games. :ehh:

Nobody spit on Sony breh :mjlol:

Yes Xbox has more incentive and cash for to spend on goodwill for their consumers. That’s why they did it.

Sony benefits from saying fukk that shyt and selling remasters.
U see what’s happening now right? I bet u they gonna push to give a good price on the BC for Spartacus cause of this Microsoft news and this is a good thing. These nikkas need to keep eachother on they toes.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Put down the Koolaid breh.

Again that’s random internet people playing PS3 games on ~PS4 hardware.

You can split hairs if you want to but the theory is more than confirmed. The cell ain’t some crazy technology beyond emulation.

And beyond any of that PS5 is far and away more than powerful enough to emulate PS3 and you still can’t play your damn PS3 games on it.

Stop it. Your defense is really sad at this point.

Get your shyt together breh….please.:smh:
Why this has to be explained year after year is mind blowing.
People really think it would be that difficult to go the xbox route? The games are already streamable via psNOW.
If you own the disc or a previous digital copy, you should be able to AT LEAST stream those games for free.
Sony could easily implement a digital/physical key situation.
PSN runs a check on my account. If I previously purchased a digital copy then boom, I get to stream the game.
If I pop in the disc, the PS4/5 should detect it, send that info to PSN and let me stream the game.
Ideally, you would let me download it and play locally, but I'm making it easier for the sake of argument.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I'm going to complain about backwards compatibility until I can play metal gear solid PS1 again on my current console.
It already pisses me off that I can play MGS2 and 3 on my Series X with no issues what so ever.
MGS belongs on a Sony platform and no where else. :mjcry:

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
He leave you satisfied breh? :dame:

oh-no-nervous.gif

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
no one really knows what that Spartacus shyt is, but people's theories have some interesting implications
When was the last time Sony did anything for "free"? :yeshrug:
PSPlus + PSNOW for $10 more and month = PS+Ultimate
Stans will pretend they've wanted PSNow since forever and find themselves not even using it in the long run.
Spartacus? Please. :stopitslime:
Gaikai vs Azure is a serious conversation they want to have? Stop it. :scust:
If the PS5 can't handle backwards compatibility then the games would have to be streamed no?
Sony is going to need to announce an Amazon partnership if they want to draw blood from MS as far as that's concerned.

Personally I wish Sony would just laser focus on the exclusives. That's all gamers want to see at this point. Everything else is exaggeration for the sake of stannery.

MS is clearly playing a battle of infrastructure which is a field Sony can't compete on. Xbox won't win this gen at all IMO but the next gen...Sony better brace themselves something serious.

Last edited: