Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
People are still overreacting to this. It will have a minimal impact on this console generation. We're hearing 2023 when the merger closes. That's 3 years into the generation. In 2024 maybe the policies start to change? Can't really say what deals were already in place. AAA development is 3-5 years. If they start putting those studios to work on Xbox Series exclusive games We're talking development starting in the latter half of 2023. 3 years puts those first wave games at 2026. 5 years puts them at 2028.

Either way you're looking at 6 years into this before any thing major comes out. Maybe in 2024 if contracts don't require it CoD gets pulled from PlayStation. That's still 4 years into a console generation which can be anticipated as at least half way in. By then the positioning will be set.

This may be true for non-gamepass users but I think gamepass users will see the benefit immediately like with the Bethesda acquistion.

This also will shoot any Sony gamepass competitor in the foot immediately out of the gate.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
As I think about it, no way in hell would it be. They wanted Gamepass previously. Things have changed. What if Gamepass was on a ps system then all of a sudden, Sony pulls the plug on it. Microsoft has gotten to the point to where they will only be on a platform that they either control or is so ubiquitous that the creator can't control it, save for Apple because they will dance with the devil on that one. Playstation does not offer the same amount of people that apple does.

Just warzone but not cod proper. Nothing from activision except f2p or mmos.

Even if GamePass were on PS, I think it would have limited offerings and be highly curated.

Starfield, for example, wouldn't debut on Xbox GamePass and PS GamePass on 11-22-22.

Xbox would keep it attractive, to keep it in demand, but not current. Something like Warzone would be a rare exception.

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All I know is, I think this means that Microsoft is dropping a bag on their studios as well.
They can probably fund games that are truly "next generation".

IDK what will ACTUALLY happen but Microsoft's money could help them make 5 naughty dogs or 5 Sony Santa Monica's.
The talent they could poach or the projects they could fund :mindblown:
IF they dropped $70 billion in THE BIGGEST acquisition in entertainment history, imagine what they'll do once it's
time for these studios to produce titles.

This next decade is about to be :whew:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Even if GamePass were on PS, I think it would have limited offerings and be highly curated.

Starfield, for example, wouldn't debut on Xbox GamePass and PS GamePass on 11-22-22.

Xbox would keep it attractive, to keep it in demand, but not current. Something like Warzone would be a rare exception.

All what you talking aside...welcome back to the board breh. :ehh:

You might have been back for awhile and I didn't realize it but I feared the worst for a bit breh

Daps

we all saw this coming. after 2023 I don't see cod coming to playstation

Anyone who GENUINELY believed COD would remain on Playstation is naive
MS is not going to drop the amount they did to share with Sony :mjlol:
Once that deal expires, MS is:demonic:
This was a stop fukking with us and put some respect on our name move. Basically forcing Sony to be on their game
Once these MS studios start pumping out their games starting the end of 2022 going into 2023, it's going to be an avalanche once the multiplatform deals expire
COD, all the other major games will only be on Xbox by the end of 2023 onwards
By 2025+ MS might close the gap with Sony very quickly
I hope this means Sony is going to be in a get the games out as soon as possible mode stop fukking playing Neil and Cory mode :mjlol: meaning less delays and more crunching:demonic:
They are a probably in a frenzy right now trying to hire as many new employees for every active project to help the WFH situaiton
This means I expect games like TLOU3 in 2025 instead of 2028, less delays, and more risk banking on patches than everything being completely perfect
Santa Monica probably working on GOW3 right now :mjlol:
Sony saying get that shyt out by 2025 MS is buying everyone :mjlol:
No more waiting 6 months to release a game that can release
No more waiting Neil and Cory release them games no more stalling to polish gtfoh MS is taking over :mjlol:
This will be one of the greatest gaming generations we have ever seen ever :blessed: