Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

He makes a good point on how Netflix has 222 million subscribers and it isn't enough for them , while gamepass only has 25 million and games are getting more expensive to make.

sounds like a lot of coping. no corporation drops 76 bill on Bethesda n Activision without bein serious. this weeks news is the biggest buyout in gaming history. I laugh as if xbox failing would deter Microsoft, shyts been a money loss for 2 decades yet here we are. they thrown all the chips in this go round. shyts a shakeup whether people like it or not.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Brother Giz..... you may rest now.:wow:

You put up a great fight over the last few months and even more over the last few days.

But your fight is done brother and you may rest. Sony taking an L and though this L is epic... it wont take away from their great run and their great legacy.

giphy.gif

Its over for the Larrystation though:wow:

:deadmanny:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
This thread got unpinned from the top real quick :mjpls: dead threads been up there for months, but let the most active thread this forum has seen in years get unpinned after 2 just 3 days :mjpls:

This thread is outpacing a lot of TLR sticky threads :picard:

But one of the biggest shake-ups of videogame history, get unstickied because a lot of Sony stans can't weather out the pain of COD disappearing from Sony consoles from 2023 onward.

I swear, people do anything to protect the image of Sony taking an enormous L.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
So we’re arguing the same shyt. I been saying the same shyt. None of these companies are our friends and we need competition but for SOME reason everyone is painting Sony as this bully like Microsoft and Nintendo hasn’t done the same shyt. If it’s about that why are u only painting Sony examples and not keeping it fair. I would respect it more if u said u don’t care that Microsoft did this deal in the spirit of competition rather than being on this seemingly crusade against Sony and giving dissertations on Sony’s missteps and not giving the other companies that same energy. Like I said earlier. Microsoft came in this gaming industry to compete with Sony. They took over from Sega. Who’s been taking shots at Sony since Saturn when Sony was the new player and Sega was the vets. Sega even tried to lie and retroactively blame Sony for their failure.
I'm so sorry I insulted your favorite corporation by talking about what they've actually are doing right now vs what some other one did in the past. I guess instead of talking about the current state of things we need to go back to the 90s and talk about how Nintendo was a disgusting bully that did whatever they wanted or how Microsoft got drunk off the 360s success and tried to dictate to the market the direction it would take with online only and TV.

I didn't know I had to tell people a tiger is a wild animal and dangerous if you let it out of the cage. I thought that was instinctively understood.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wish people would stop saying spider-man was “stolen” when it was marvel who approached sony to make it

Thats how these relationships work. You build up good faith within the industry and you get these kind of opportunities just like they got wolverine., if xbox wasn’t just putting out gears, halo, and forza for 15 years they’d have more pull also.

Sony and Marvel have dealings in film over that character. Marvel really wants the rights back to that character from a terrible contract they signed back before Disney bought them but Sony will never release those. Are we really suggesting that the MCU had zero impact on Spider Man in video games being an exclusive character?

All I see is Sony using the leverage and advantages their company has to get sweetheart deals and people having zero issue with it but Microsoft using the advantages it's company has (money) to get content and people acting like it's bad.

If I made a game like Street Fighter I'd have it be exclusive on Sony's platform too if I needed the money because that's 110+ million potential customers vs 50 million.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
If I made a game like Street Fighter I'd have it be exclusive on Sony's platform too if I needed the money because that's 110+ million potential customers vs 50 million.

But you gotta make sure that you don't get returns like: 15% of Sony gamers bought SF3 and 25% of Xbox gamers bought SF3. At that point, simply just looking at userbase isn't enough.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
But you gotta make sure that you don't get returns like: 15% of Sony gamers bought SF3 and 25% of Xbox gamers bought SF3. At that point, simply just looking at userbase isn't enough.
Given the chance which would you choose the 100+ million install base of the 50 million one? Especially when you're a Japanese developer and the 50 million one hasn't sold much of anything at home.

It's only logical they get first dibbs on deals like that.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Like Titanfall 1 right?
or Sunset Overdrive?

Also Final Fantasy as you've said yourself is hardly relevant on Xbox platforms since most players are going to be on Playstation anyway.

The concept is the same, games to games. MSFT isn't above criticism and so is Sony. I just critiqued them in the Uncharted thread lol.
You just compared 2 new IP which Microsoft funded from the jump and still allowed the devs to own the IP and do what they see fit. To Sony continually paying devs to not put long time franchises on Xbox.

Sony stans and the story’s y’all weave :wow:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Sony has been trying to monopolize gaming, only an idiot would argue otherwise. Hell the fact that Ff14 is still only on sony platforms on console is hilarious to me :dead:

Those dumb asses missed out on so much money by making the only MLB game on the market an exclusive. Thankfully they wised up and let The Show be available to GOATbox

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Given the chance which would you choose the 100+ million install base of the 50 million one? Especially when you're a Japanese developer and the 50 million one hasn't sold much of anything at home.

It's only logical they get first dibbs on deals like that.
Sony is/was throwing big money around to keep stuff off Xbox
Sony Pursuing More Third Party Exclusives for PS5

Being that they have such a smaller install base it would probably cost Microsoft a lot more money for these types of deals so they said fukk it we will just buy the whole damn publisher :manny:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony is/was throwing big money around to keep stuff off Xbox
Sony Pursuing More Third Party Exclusives for PS5

Being that they have such a smaller install base it would probably cost Microsoft a lot more money for these types of deals so they said fukk it we will just buy the whole damn publisher :manny:
Even if Sony pays for them they would be afforded such opportunities due to the install base alone. Microsoft can clearly pay more than Sony for anything so if it was all about money why dont they get all the exclusives?

It's not all about money it's about them leveraging their overwhelming market leadership to crush a competitor. In the face of that why shouldn't Microsoft do what they can to fight back? One buys rights to the game the other buys the company that makes it.