Microsoft Buying Activision Blizzard.

AStrangeName

Member of Snitch Syndication
Daps
Okay when it comes to Street Fighter V, the game was gonna see an release day even if Sony funded it or not, but it would of been release in 2018 (the same year SFV Arcade Edition dropped), though folks here are missing an number of contexts. Capcom had set up the Capcom Pro Tour in 2016 and wanted SFV to headline the cup, not SFIV and mostly due to them wanting to move on from the game at that point, also SFV was release in February to meet the Q4 fiscal goal and Sony funding the development just made it easier for them to put out the game in the poor state it was in at launch (I don't blame Sony for that, as that's all Capcom there). Y'all also have to remember that Street Fight X Tekken bombed and the tournament scene was looking bad for the game, which cause to salvage their losses and make Ultra SFIV (SFV was in an rocky state during its development didn't make things better) and lastly, they had Resident Evil 7, Monster Hunter World and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite (bombed) all in development around the same time SFV was and Resident Evil and Monster Hunter being their big sellers, most of the resources want to those two, thus SFV needing more resources.

There's a lot more, but I don't feel like going much further on this topic.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Maybe if microsoft didn’t scare all the hot devs off last gen talking about xbox tv they’d have some also

Meh..... no one cares about "last gen" and that was sooooooo 10 years ago. Everyone been off that. Matter fact Sony was the last ones to be on that TV shyt or are we still trynna forget Vue wasnt a thing?:mjgrin:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wish people would stop saying spider-man was “stolen” when it was marvel who approached sony to make it

Thats how these relationships work. You build up good faith within the industry and you get these kind of opportunities just like they got wolverine., if xbox wasn’t just putting out gears, halo, and forza for 15 years they’d have more pull also.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx

He makes a good point on how Netflix has 222 million subscribers and it isn't enough for them , while gamepass only has 25 million and games are getting more expensive to make.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I wish people would stop saying spider-man was “stolen” when it was marvel who approached sony to make it

Thats how these relationships work. You build up good faith within the industry and you get these kind of opportunities just like they got wolverine., if xbox wasn’t just putting out gears, halo, and forza for 15 years they’d have more pull also.

Brother Giz..... you may rest now.:wow:

You put up a great fight over the last few months and even more over the last few days.

But your fight is done brother and you may rest. Sony taking an L and though this L is epic... it wont take away from their great run and their great legacy.

giphy.gif

Its over for the Larrystation though:wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

He makes a good point on how Netflix has 222 million subscribers and it isn't enough for them , while gamepass only has 25 million and games are getting more expensive to make.

This guy is funny. I slept on these vids cause era likes them so i thought it was gonna be corny but hes good. This video is pretty on point